It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy
"And that is what we saw play out in the last two weeks, where a crude and disgusting video sparked outrage throughout the Muslim world. Now, I have made it clear that the United States government had nothing to do with this video, and I believe its message must be rejected by all who respect our common humanity."

Barack Hussein Obama lying to the UN and the American people. September 25, 2012

A full 2 weeks after that 9/11/12 attacks and a full 2 weeks after it was KNOWN that this video had NOTHING to do with this TERRORIST attack.

He either said something stupid or he's lying....it can't be both.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
"I did not have sexual relations with that women" - Bill Clinton.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Ok here we go. See if we can't even things a bit. Well, this was a little unfair.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is the best speech or phrase by a Government.

P

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
"...if a single mother raising her children in the ghetto has to worry about drive-by shootings, drug-deals, or whether her children will join gangs and die violently, her already difficult task becomes impossible. It doesn´t help matters when prime time TV has Murphy Brown - a character who supposedly epitomize today´s intelligent, highly paid, professional woman - mocking the importance of fathers - by bearing a child alone, and calling it just another ´Lifestyle Choice´" --Dan Quayle

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My favorite comedian George W

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --Saginaw, Mich., Sept. 29, 2000

edit on 27-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
"I voted for the 87 billion dollars before I voted against it."
-John Forbes Kerry
edit on 27-11-2012 by HabiruThorstein because: typo

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
George Herbert Walker Bush: September 11, 1990: “Out of these troubled times, our objective—a new world order—can emerge. Today, that new world is struggling to be born, a world quite different from the one we have known.”

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
When Mike Dukakis was asked if he would want the Death Penalty in the event a person had Raped and Killed his wife...He said...No.

Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
A mod came and moved the thread. No problems and thanks to the Mod for the move. I sent this in reply.

"ROFLMAO It did not start as US political madness but it ended up that way due to one Bush.. This is really funny, not only does Bush win the award but he has the thread moved.

No problems, thanks for the heads up."

A thread that was supposed to encompass the world's plethora of Governments ends up moved because of a single President. It says a lot about Bush Jr.

P

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
B Obama

"we've gotta get the job done there. And that requires us to have enough troops that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians".

www.youtube.com...

Somebody beat me to the Pelosi one about passing laws.
edit on 27-11-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Maybe not the most stupid thing ever said by the governmnet, but I would consider any and everything Obama says would be a solid choice as long as he is awake or asleep when he says it..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by syrinx high priest

ROFL, well done!

P

ETA When that was written, did the US have slaves? I am not that conversant with US history.

edit on 27/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

They did, but I think that poster is just attacking the intentions of our Founding Fathers. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that. Many people have suggested that the Constitution didn't fix things it should have(that is from their point of view), but that is generally a worldview only experienced by a certain group of people.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Watchfull
A Ronald Reagan classic

"Trees cause more pollution than automobiles."

Priceless

That reminded me of ``I don't remember'' in reference to the Iran-contra scandal of the 1980's. Granted Reagan was 79 years old, however he had a "vivid memory for other incidents" ( Iran-Contra Deposition -- Reagan Testimony Bares Memory Loss, But Not Much Else By Ethan Bronnerpertaining Boston Globe)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Obama from January 2008: “Under my plan, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket”

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
thanks guys, that was an enjoyable read and good for many chuckles

daring to open windows to the past ... here's a few that have stuck with me for a loooong time.

It was the darndest thing I've ever seen. It was big, it was very bright, it changed colors, and it was about the size of the moon. We watched it for ten minutes, but none of us could figure out what it was. One thing's for sure, I'll never make fun of people who say they've seen unidentified objects in the sky. If I become President, I'll make every piece of information this country has about UFO sightings available to the public and the scientists.

JIMMY CARTER, remark during 1976 Presidential campaign

why are we STILL waiting for supposed disclosure ??

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
since it's only one per post ... i'll offer 2 more but i just couldn't let this one slide by ...

I've looked on many women with lust. I've committed adultery in my heart many times. God knows I will do this and forgives me.

JIMMY CARTER, interview in Playboy magazine, 1976

now there's a real leader for ya ... i know it's wrong, but i'll do it anyway

/sarcasm

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:41 AM
link   
Prime Minister D BenGurion
[for those who don't know the name ... DBG was the 1st Israeli PM]

From Jewish terrorism against Arabs it is a short step to Jewish terrorism against Jews.

"On three fronts" (3 August 1938) as quoted in Rebirth and Destiny of Israel, New York: Philosophical Library, 1954, p. 91 .

edit on 28-11-2012 by Honor93 because: identify DBG

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:51 AM
link   

"Over the last 15 months we've travelled to every corner of the United States. I have now been in 57 States..."

-Barack Hussein Obama-

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Jimmy Carter ... Presidential debates 1976 ... www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

If I should ever decide in the future to discuss my deep Christian beliefs and condemnation and sinfulness, l would use another forum besides Playboy.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:07 AM
link   
You didn't build that..............Obama

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join