It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
senator kennedy confusing osama/ obama ...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
"Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

-Barack Hussein Obama

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Regulatory income reporting for tax purposes is performed through "voluntary compliance" however you are "obligated" to report income and file for taxation purposes "under threat of fines and criminal penalties."

WTF is that other than an oxymoron, it's a totally contradictory statement? How can something be voluntary and yet you are obligated using extortion tactics? I wrote a thread on this crap with research at Tax Compliance and Invoicing the Tax Man.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
one from good ole dick cheney:

1) "Go f**k yourself." --to Sen. Patrick Leahy, during an angry exchange on the Senate floor about profiteering by Halliburton, June 25, 2004

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Harry Whittington (after being shot in the face by Dick Cheney), "My family and I are deeply sorry for all that Vice President Cheney and his family have had to go through this week,"

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
So far a lot of these have been sort of haha slip ups, or innocent contradictions...

Here is one that is pure IGNORANT:

“It seems to me, from what I understand from doctors, that’s really rare,” Akin told KTVI-TV. “If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down. But let’s assume that maybe that didn’t work or something: I think there should be some punishment, but the punishment ought to be of the rapist, and not attacking the child.”

Legitimate rape....disgusting,

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This happens to have several clips but it's one video.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
"Mission Accomplished"

I forgot to add, now that it's "really over" they renamed Operation Iraqi Freedom "Operation New Dawn."
edit on 27-11-2012 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cherryontop

Yep, Dan Quayle is hilarious. How about this one:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
"They hate us for our freedoms"

~George W. Bush~

edit on 11/27/2012 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Really????

"I did not have sexual relations with that woman" Bill Clinton
And of course, in typical political speak:
"While my answers were legally accurate, I did not volunteer information" Bill Clinton
LOL
edit on 27-11-2012 by chiefsmom because: addition

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by christina-66

You know this guy has to be high up on the food chain when the person you shot in the face gives you apologies.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   
"DON"T BREATH UNDER THE WATER"

I forget exactly where I saw this, but it was on some sign near a pool owned by a local borough

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
"Duck and Cover"

In the cold war children in schools were told that if they see an atomic flash the should duck down and cover threir head with some clothing or such like. They even had film clips to show you how to do it.

P

Showed me what was really going on.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   
george h w bush ...
"If the people were to ever find out what we have done, we would be chased down the streets and lynched."
quoted by Sarah McClendon (White House Reporter) in her June 1992 Newsletter.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
"On this memorial day, america honors its unbroken line of fallen heroes-and I see many of them in the audience here today."

Obama.
edit on 27-11-2012 by filosophia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   
"If Stench calls, take a message."

Paul Ryan, speaking about his running mate Mitt Romney.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by usmc0311

Not really stupid.
Or how about
"I come in peace. I didn't bring artillery. But I'm pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you F&^% with me, I'll kill you all".
Gen Mathis to Iraqi Tribal Leaders.

edit on 27-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Not stupid either.

Dana Perrino interviewed a Navy SEAL and this is what transpired.
Danna "Did you have to learn several languages?"
SEAL "No ma'am, we don't go there to talk"

edit on 27-11-2012 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"Child support is for the welfare of the children" ...

Everyone knows child support is designed to fuel hatred ..kill fathers ...and destroy the fabric of society ..its the number one issue degrading America and the Western world in general .. I'm surprised Anderson Cooper or someone didn't pose this question to the presidential debaters this year .. looks like nobody really gives a s$%! about the kids or families ..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join