It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
"Desert Storm was a stirring victory for the forces of aggression and lawlessness." -- Vice President Dan Quayle

How is that stupid? That sounds like a fairly accurate assessment. Read it again and think about it.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:59 PM
link   
"I can see Russia [from my house]" - Sarah Palin living in Alaska... not anywhere near a visible Russia.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Condoleezza Rice at congressional hearing after denying there was no warning of the attacks on 9-11...

BEN-VENISTE: ...And I ask you whether you recall the title of that PDB?

RICE: I believe the title was, "Bin Laden Determined to Attack Inside the United States".

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
“I think we agree, the past is over.”

George W. Bush

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
yeah, the Bush bunch sure have some classics but, since they haven't been the only Republicans in office in my life ... here are some doozies from their predecessor, Reagan
given both Chernobyl and Fukushima ... i wonder who gave Reagan this idea? ...

"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."

------------------

and, when i really think about it, times haven't changed much at all ...

Reagan --> "We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to succeed."

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
What happened to the legendary speeches of presidents of old? Why do we get stuck with goof balls saying stuff like "read my lips no new taxes"

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Gerald Ford had a few of his own ...

"I watch a lot of baseball on the radio."

If Lincoln were alive today, he'd be turning over in his grave.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Honor93
"All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a desk."

Well at least TECHNICALLY this is 100% correct. Not that I recommend it

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"Give me liberty or give me death" - they would all be dead!!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Foxy1
What happened to the legendary speeches of presidents of old? Why do we get stuck with goof balls saying stuff like "read my lips no new taxes"

considering this, from soooo long ago ... it was bound to get worse over time

"I don't know much about Americanism, but it's a damn good word with which to carry an election."

Warren G. Harding
source

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Honor93

Well at least TECHNICALLY this is 100% correct. Not that I recommend it

no offense intended, but this would fill one big arse desk

www.huffingtonpost.com...
The U.S. has 71,862 tons of the waste, according to state-by-state numbers obtained by The Associated Press. But the nation has no place to permanently store the material, which stays dangerous for tens of thousands of years.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Honor93

You would need to qualify what were the sources of the waste. Please do. There are plenty of sources of waste, not just plants.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Fimbulvetr
"I can see Russia [from my house]" - Sarah Palin living in Alaska... not anywhere near a visible Russia.

Only the real Sarah Palin never said that. It was from SNL, a spoof on what Sarah really said was that Russia is neighbors with Alaska and that you can see part of Russia from some places in Alaska.

The clip on Tuesday which showed Walters bringing up this issue could have been more direct in stating clearly to viewers that the real Palin never stated that “I can see Russia from my house,” or as Walters misquoted the SNL line, “I can see Russia from my backyard.” There is evidence that many voters attribute the SNL line to the real Palin, so it would have been appropriate for the former 20/20 anchor to have said something along the lines of, “Because of the infamous SNL skit, there is a misconception that you once claimed that you had foreign policy experience because could see Russia from your house."

newsbusters.org...

But the liberals hated Sarah so much they were willing to propagate a falsehood.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This one really goes for the stupidity and failure of Marxism

Michelle O's comment on pie

"The truth is, in order to get things like universal health care and a revamped education system, then someone is going to have to give up a piece of their pie so that someone else can have more."

www.weeklystandard.com...

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
"I saw an airplane hit the tower" George W. Bush

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

"I am not a crook" -- Richard M. Nixon, in his resignation speech

"We should look to Japan as a model for our nuclear power program" -- Barack Obama (or words to that effect)

"The Constitution is just a G** D***ed piece of paper" -- George W. Bush

"What's the Canadian flag doing, hanging over the Capitol building?" -- Ronald Regan, as governor, referring to a flag at a pro-marijuana rally
edit on 29-11-2012 by MrInquisitive because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem
reply to post by Honor93

You would need to qualify what were the sources of the waste. Please do. There are plenty of sources of waste, not just plants.

the story linked indicates 30 states worth of nuclear power plant waste.
either way you look at it ... that's still one B I G azzzz desk
that it would have to be "stored under" per Reagan.

from the story titled ... US's growing nuclear waste problem

The U.S. nuclear industry says the waste is being stored safely at power-plant sites, though it has long pushed for a long-term storage facility. Meanwhile, the industry's collective pile of waste is growing by about 2,200 tons a year, experts say some of the pools in the United States contain four times the amount of spent fuel that they were designed to handle.
for more detail, read the link provided, twice.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Honor93 because: format

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Hey Guys, try and stay on topic please. If you need to discuss this start a thread. It would be a good read I am sure. Just not here. This thread is for political comedy. Thanks

P

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

getting back on topic

"When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it."
Bill Clinton

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Checked the 1st 10 pages didn`t see it .. sry if a repeat
A proof is a proof. What kind of a proof? It's a proof. A proof is a proof. And when you have a good proof, it's because it's proven.
Jean Chretien

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15 >>

join