It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the most stupid thing the Government has ever said. One item per post please. I will start

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Now theres an example of a perfectly stupid statement. Good job Heff.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Ya got me on this one Heff. This is not true? Dessert Storm was to liberate Kuait remember? Sadam really was being a bad guy then. Maybe I'm not getting your post. Not beyond the realms of possibility.
edit on 28-11-2012 by karen61560 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
"The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system."

Obama in remarks after a health care roundtable with physicians, nurses and health care providers, Washington, D.C., July 20, 2009

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

Maybe you should reinforce that this is a global initiative? Seems like well over half of us are Americans anyway.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

Obama again - Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Hawking

And he so often looked confused or overwhelmed by the whole thing. Often he came off as a big kid not quite sure of himself. (Father issues me thinks LOL) Whats Jeb up to these days ?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
"In case you missed it, this week, there was a tragedy in Kansas. Ten thousand people died -- an entire town destroyed."
Obama, trying to catch up with stupid Bush quotes, on a Kansas tornado that killed 12 people

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1
"The Middle East is obviously an issue that has plagued the region for centuries."

Obama again - Tampa, Fla., Jan. 28, 2010

I think what he means is they cant seem to get out of their own way.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Originally posted by pheonix358
reply to post by syrinx high priest

ROFL, well done!

P

ETA When that was written, did the US have slaves? I am not that conversant with US history.

edit on 27/11/2012 by pheonix358 because: (no reason given)

They did, but I think that poster is just attacking the intentions of our Founding Fathers. It wouldn't be the first time I've seen that. Many people have suggested that the Constitution didn't fix things it should have(that is from their point of view), but that is generally a worldview only experienced by a certain group of people.

how can you own slaves, and pen the phrase "We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America."

and take yourself seriously ?

they weren't even referring to women when you get down to it

they really meant

"we the male wealthy white land owners..."

all they really wanted was the keep goerge from forcing them to use his currency. the revolution was fought over currency, not taxes of freedom

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snoil
What sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you excuse me. I have no time to listen to such nonsense.

-Napoleon Bonaparte, spoken to Robert Fulton
edit on 28-11-2012 by Snoil because: typo

Truly a man without vision. He never saw our nuclear subs on the horizon. But he should have been famaliar with the steam engine so this only confuses me. Maybe they didnt use them is ships in the 1800's? Napoleon 1769-1821 . The steam engine Thomas Newcomen 1712.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I didn't inhale and never tried it again." –Bill Clinton

"Ok, look, you know, when I was a kid, I inhaled frequently. That was the point."
Barack Obama confessing to drug use to audience of US magazine editors, November 2006.

Actually, this is one quote from Obama that I like.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

Love it when the brits throw that extra u into words like favourite or colour. Makes them looks more wordish.
Now back to your regularly scheduled program (e) . LOL.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by elrem48

Originally posted by ipsedixit
reply to post by ~widowmaker~

You reminded me of something.

Helen Thomas once quoted George H.W. Bush as having said, "If the American people knew what we were up to they would chase us through the streets and lynch us."

This quote is more TRUE than stupid!

That quote is down right scary.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Robonakka

Not exactly pollution it is a chemical released by pine trees. Pollution is when its caused by man. Pollution is what we do. Nature only processes it does not pollute.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by OperationIraqiFailure

Nah, the lyrics are we dont get fooled again. Not wont get fooled again.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Well thats not the constitution its the preamble of the constitution. Most school kids had to memorize this at one time or another. I can also pretty much quote all of Lincolns Gettysburg address by heart.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I have only read the first couple of pages and the last.
I'm interested in the UK to u.s.a ratio?
Are we still losing? Lol seriously?

We say the least stupidist things and we are losing?!?....... that's what's wrong with the world right their.

Only messing with you .. good thread.

Damn I should contribute I guess...,

My vote go's for the guy who said

'I know let's call the new department......military intelligence.'
edit on 28/11/12 by Quantum_Squirrel because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560

What sir, would you make a ship sail against the wind and currents by lighting a bonfire under her deck? I pray you excuse me. I have no time to listen to such nonsense.

-Napoleon Bonaparte, spoken to Robert Fulton
edit on 28-11-2012 by Snoil because: typo

Truly a man without vision. He never saw our nuclear subs on the horizon. But he should have been famaliar with the steam engine so this only confuses me. Maybe they didnt use them is ships in the 1800's? Napoleon 1769-1821 . The steam engine Thomas Newcomen 1712.

640K ought to be enough for anybody.

-- Bill Gates

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
There is no proof aliens exist.

Liars!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Osama Ben Laden did 911 - and heck if their machine didn't break on them - I'm sure they would have sold me on that fact.... God works in mysterous ways....

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join