It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel prepares for next war in Gaza and Lebanon; successfully testing new missile system ‘Magic W

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Originally posted by charles1952

If its anything like the iron dome, what a waste of US money
You've got me a little confused. I thought Iron Dome shot down well over two hundred rockets with more than 85% success. That sounds good to me.

Its good if you like 15% of incoming missiles hitting the ground in your country. Forget about the rockets sir.

You need to read a bit more about what the iron dome actually does.

It DOES NOT fire at every missile or rocket in the air. What it does, is track trajectory, and intercept those that are on target to hit cities, or populated areas.

While I question the reports of effectiveness, it is not intended to take down every rocket or missile in the air.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hezbollah, Israel and Hamas (and their anti-Israel Palestinian supporters) just don't get it, do they? It doesn't matter how many missiles you build. It doesn't matter at what range or how many incoming rockets they can deflect. It does't matter if you can lob a rocket or missile into Israel. It doesn't matter if you can threaten Israel with a Islamic shadow army at its northern border. It doesn't matter if you have a giant Western Wall. It doesn't matter if you can out-maneuver the Palestinians by building settlements. It doesn't matter if you think the land is Allah's or Yaweh's. I doesn't matter. Until they all decide to make concessions and agree that killing each others is only obfuscating an already complex issue of demography, resources, ethnic tension, and so-on--this will never come to end. They will all just stew in their own, self-created security nightmare until the end of humanity. I would have never thought that an entire geographical region could be so delusional.

-Ghoster
edit on 26-12-2012 by theghoster because: (no reason given)

<< 1   >>

join