It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel prepares for next war in Gaza and Lebanon; successfully testing new missile system ‘Magic W

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
Here you go ATS..Israel has successfully test-fired Magic Wand, the successor to the Iron Dome interceptor that featured prominently in the recent Gaza conflict. As per the source, initially testing planned for 2013, but Israel did pre-pone the testing.

The interceptor, also known as David’s Sling, was jointly developed by Israel’s Rafael Advanced Defense Systems and the United States’ Raytheon. Magic Wand, it is understood, was developed against the Hezbollah missiles from Lebanon. The country is subject to threats from the Islamic militant group, perceived as the long arm of Iran. Israel is hoping the latest system in its arsenal will be useful in intercepting a variety of short-range ballistic and cruise missiles. The interception range for Magic Wand is between 70km and 75km. Each interceptor has been estimated to have cost around $1mn (£624,000) and expected to be fully operational in 2014.

Officials are pleased with the success of the latest interceptor, as its system is much more complex. Having said that Israel is now looking for another reason to attack destroy them completely.

Source

edit on 27-11-2012 by AncietSoul because: With Source

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AncietSoul

If its anything like the iron dome, what a waste of US money

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

There is nothing like some military tech to drive innovation in the start up nation

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DarknStormy

You've got me a little confused. I thought Iron Dome shot down well over two hundred rockets with more than 85% success. That sounds good to me.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

You've got me a little confused. I thought Iron Dome shot down well over two hundred rockets with more than 85% success. That sounds good to me.

Its good if you like 15% of incoming missiles hitting the ground in your country. Forget about the rockets sir.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarknStormy

Maybe the US money should go to the Palestinians so they can develop weapons as to not hit civilians and only military targets ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

I thought Iron Dome shot down well over two hundred rockets with more than 85% success. That sounds good to me.

It is good news to most people, however to a Hamas terrorist supporter it is bad news.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by fishwhisperer
Maybe the US money should go to the Palestinians so they can develop weapons as to not hit civilians and only military targets ?

That would be a great Idea and would also square the battle up. It would be to easy though, Israel make a habit of putting all their military equipment right on the border everytime. hamas would annihilate them with US tech

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

I thought Iron Dome shot down well over two hundred rockets with more than 85% success. That sounds good to me.

It is good news to most people, however to a Hamas terrorist supporter it is bad news.

Hey, know whats funny? Israel negotiated a ceasefire with those Hamas terrorists. If they were really terrorists, wouldn't you think all negotiations are off the table?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

What do you think the world response would have been if Israel had refused to negotiate and had, instead, marched in and killed everybody connected to Hamas. Whether we like it or not, Israel was acting in a very restrained and responsible manner.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   

What do you think the world response would have been if Israel had refused to negotiate and had, instead, marched in and killed everybody connected to Hamas. Whether we like it or not, Israel was acting in a very restrained and responsible manner.

Give me a break... So now its ok to organise a ceasefire with accused terrorists who are most likely going to regroup, get their weapon cartels back on the payroll ready for another hit out in the near future? Do you see how stupid the scenario sounds even if Israel are acting in a restrained and responsible manner...

Why don't we just call a ceasefire all over the Middle East? Maybe the USA can give insurgents some more time to recruit a few more fighters, smuggle in some more weapons so they can continue killing our soldiers... That seems like a logical way to stop the bloodshed... What do you think?

I think Hamas are not terrorists and Israel know it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Dear DarknStormy,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm a little confused. I've got some questions for you.

The European Union, United States, Canada, and Japan all think Hamas is a terrorist group, so I'm confused by your position.

As far as ceasefires go, I agree that I don't see the sense in it, but they do have to calculate who might come to Hamas' aid if Israel decide on complete destruction. Iran? Egypt?

I wish the ceasefire had better terms for Israel, but perhaps that was the best possible political outcome.

And I agree that our military could be used much more aggressively, but Obama doesn't want to. I also think we could have done a better job replacing religiously fanatical governments with less radical ones. It appears that we're toppling secular dictators (Egypt, Libya) and replacing them with Muslim Brotherhood and Al-qaeda controlled ones. Again, I have trouble seeing how Obama's policies have done us any good.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Do you know who helped to build Hamas?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what the truth is.. important thing is how they are portrayed to the world? as a Terrorist group.. but they are well know for attacking the civilians and blowing their camps line Talibans.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Oh look another terrorists are evil because they are evil story. How about we talk about the 2 state issue that has been put on hold because of this?

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Blimey! Am I seeing people actually praising Israel?

What's happened to this forum?

Nah, in all honesty, Israel have every right to defend it's borders. HOWEVER, bombing residential areas and ILLEGALLY building settlements in PALESTINIAN territory is out of order.

One day, soon hopefully, the West will get fed up of Israel and slam them with economic sanctions until they've grown up.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Each interceptor has been estimated to have cost around $1mn (£624,000) and expected to be fully operational in 2014

Keep in mind that it is most likely that the US tax payers will be footing the the majority of the bill for this system.

So every time you see Israel strikes a country, expect to see dollar signs flying through the air as the expected return fire will be soon to follow.
edit on 4-12-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
All America need to do now is give Israel nukes!

Oh wait......

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Krono
All America need to do now is give Israel nukes!

Oh wait......

As far as I know, the US never gave Israel any nuclear technology.

France did.

posted on Dec, 26 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Krono

Didn't England in 1919 suppose to creat a homeland for the Jews.
Look at the maps from then and look at them now.
What is now Jordan was to be a homeland for the Philistins OOPS I meant Palistinians.
Who have to realize that these people come from the same father and siblings never really ever get along.
It is as written the other son the non ligit one would become a great people, but they would be viewed as Wild Beasts.
Now it seems that both brother are exactly that.
Christians, so called believe Isreal is the Jews promised land.
So tell me where are the unwalled villages and where do they live in safety?
Where is that land of milk and honey?
You know where they the lost tribes of Israel where gathered to?
Where do they have the most economical power house?
The peoples seeking religious freedom the decsendants of the Lost tribes and un-lost settled here and they viewed North America as the NEw Jeruslem.
They even had 13 Colonies and felt that God gave them "Manifest Destiny" kinda idea and they took the land away from the inhabitants just like Israel did when entering Palistine.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join