It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The waters are turning red - Sydney 27/11/2012

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
Remember the red river in China...caused by "chemicals..."

WE'RE ALL GONNA DIE

Seriously though, it is interesting. A lot of water has turned strange colours over the last year or two. A lot of marine deaths. In fact, there has been a lot of weird # this year.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I recently read that if a person takes enough chlorella or spirulina when detoxifying their digestive tract they will have bright red poop.... I just use enough of the stuff to make green poop.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   
The river that DID run red: Residents of Chinese city left baffled after Yangtze turns scarlet

Another recent red river, only in China. I remember reading somewhere about it being silt that was disturbed off the bed, or rust washing of rocks further upstream, I can't remember......awful lot of these red rivers popping up though.

There is another one on China that they claimed was due to an industrial dye.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   

While many locals have been deterred by the phenomenon, many people - believed to be tourists - are still swimming in the water.

. I bet it's those Americans they don't have enough sense to stay out of the bloody water.

(I'm American it was only meant to be a joke.)
edit on 28-11-2012 by mycomputer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant
I recently read that if a person takes enough chlorella or spirulina when detoxifying their digestive tract they will have bright red poop.... I just use enough of the stuff to make green poop.

Oh how *Christmassy* of you....LOL...

It's algae.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Vasa Croe

Yes, it is algae.... Algae changes from green to brown and to bright red as there are changes in the PH levels of the environment it is in..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by hypervigilant

Mr Hankey "the Christmas poo" would be proud of you, I think. Or is that some kind of Jewish tradition like carrying around boxes with dried-out pieces of poo in them? Either way, if yours could talk and sing you might really have something there. If all else fails you could try learning ventriloquism. You might want to look into Axtell's "Ventrilo-Quick" learning system.
edit on 28-11-2012 by KaiserSoze because: misspelled poo

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

Ugh, looks positively, disturbingly, gelatinous!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Hey gang the West coast of Florida sees at quite often they call it the red tide I think it's seasonal. If anything the reason they are seeing it now is because the water temp may be going up do to climate changes

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
reply to post by poundpuppy

why the bold?
why the snap?

from the outset of this post it was said it is believed to be algae and tests are ongoing.

cant people post something interesting like this, stir peoples imaginations without being ridiculed?

he posted that in bold because he thinks he's better than everyone in the thread and that his opinion needs to stand out to educate the idiots. Of course, this has backfired as the first post states red algae as the suspected cause. Now he just looks like a troll

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Agit8dChop

It may be algae, but symbolicaly, it raises the eyebrows. There is another outbreak of this red algae, in victoria yesterday, in the Bells Beach area .It's very ( can't think of the right word) gross.... to look at, waves of blood rolling in . Makes me think of waves of death, sorry thats awful, but that was my reaction to these local examples . First Sydney, then vic. And of course other recent examples around the world .It does not look good, are our oceans sick, have they had enough. 1%

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I've experienced "red tide" or algal bloom on the beaches in Florida. It was about 10 yrs ago and the beaches were covered with dead fish and eels. It was very unpleasant and difficult to breath standing on the beach near the water. It wasn't the dead fish smell that made it unpleasant though, something in the air was irritating my throat causing me to cough.

Looking at these pictures makes me suspect that this red tide may be something other than algal bloom. The woman standing with her child on the beach doesn't appear to be in any discomfort (breathing normally) and I'm betting she wouldn't be standing there with her child if it was difficult to breath. There are no dead fish in the pics either. The color doesn't seem right either, red tide caused by algal bloom isn't that bright but it might just be a different type of algae.

Very strange indeed....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join