It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Traitors and Treason

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
I am perfectly willing to admit that my first impression of the article may have been wrong. Perhaps it is a poem.

In that case, shouldn't it be judged as a poem? I know I'm old fashioned (born in 1952), but shouldn't a poem have something along the lines of rhyme, or meter, or meaningful imagery, or at least something that distinguishes it from being a part of a news report?

Heck, I'm even willing to call it a good poem, if someone can explain to me what standard it reaches that makes it good.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
I am perfectly willing to admit that my first impression of the article may have been wrong. Perhaps it is a poem.

In that case, shouldn't it be judged as a poem? I know I'm old fashioned (born in 1952), but shouldn't a poem have something along the lines of rhyme, or meter, or meaningful imagery, or at least something that distinguishes it from being a part of a news report?

Heck, I'm even willing to call it a good poem, if someone can explain to me what standard it reaches that makes it good.

I think being that it's a poem, The lack of a "standard" is what makes it a poem, it's what makes it art, It painted a picture and left the message up to the reader. That's what makes it good. Good in the sense that it's effective in it's goal of provoking thought. Now the message, that's left to you my friend.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Dear foodstamp,

Thanks for trying to set me straight, but I may be too hidebound to see it.

I think being that it's a poem, The lack of a "standard" is what makes it a poem, it's what makes it art, It painted a picture and left the message up to the reader. That's what makes it good. Good in the sense that it's effective in it's goal of provoking thought. Now the message, that's left to you my friend.

So then, a good poem is writing which creates an image for the reader to think about? I wish I had something a little more narrow than that. It seems if I wrote, " President Obama's third inaugural ceremony," that would create an image that would get readers thinking.

If I'm too thick to understand, thanks for the try anyway.

With respect,
charles1952

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Well I am not sure but if we are in the psychic business here, I am gonna wager you are one of the Confederates from Virginia or Georgia and you don't like patriots period. I would love to see your website if you have one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join