It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blind leading the blind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Had a thing come up at work today, need to create a repeating preventative maintenance record in the database, no one seems to know how.

I am the new guy, evidently I need to petition the IT gods for access before I can go anywhere.

I am just so fed up with broken systems, software that does not work, people that are clueless...

In the old days, if you had an important job you always had an apprentice. Well, few companies train anymore. They hire away people that seem to know what they are doing, or have been doing it at brand X, and hope for the best.

They design products with temporary workers and then lay everyone off when the thing goes into production, so no one left on staff knows how the thing works. This is not sustainable.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by kawika

Agreed.

The days of respectable trades, with a set of distinct rules for master and apprentice, are almost dead.

The world is going to be in a very tight spot indeed with in the next few decades.

We are loosing so much more tradespeople and the younger generation isn't heeding the call.

SS

new topics

join