It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Canada Ever Apologize for Burning Down the White House?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Fantastic posts guys, haven't seen stuff this good and that made me laugh so much in quite a while.
Kudos to everyone who posted!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Yes, we have apologized (smirk)

see?

edit on 26-11-2012 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   
Dont mess with Canadians

especially French Canadians

we have been in North America for 400 yrs
we own the entire north american continent
the US is just a canadian colony lol

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by superman2012
Whoever tells you it was Canadians doesn't know that Canada wasn't a country until 1867. The British did it, not Canadians.
Sorry, our defence was made up of British regulars, Canadian militias and First Nations. It was Upper and Lower Canada at the time. Just so's you know, a lot of our Canadian militias were made up of former Americans who declined your invitation of Manifest Destiny.

And no, we won't apologise for the White House until y'all apologise for burning down York.

Heck no Nuck, those were americans that had developed a taste for licking boots in the kneeling position.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

edit on 27-11-2012 by Saucerwench because: x

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81
Dont mess with Canadians

Yeah, it's because of the French Frogs that Canada/Britain won most "wars" back then...

Read up on the "Frogs" ;-)

French Canadians Kick *ss

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
Just so's you know, a lot of our Canadian militias were made up of former Americans who declined your invitation of Manifest Destiny.
Heck no Nuck, those were americans that had developed a taste for licking boots in the kneeling position.
Actually, I'd say they came here for a life of peace and harmony. That 'boot licking' seems to have manifested itself as arse kicking when Thomas Jefferson declared that an invasion was 'a mere matter of marching'. You'll note that up here in the Colonies, we rack up that little exercise of yours as a victory for us.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for America to apologize for taking over the peaceful sovereign country of Hawaii with military force in the 1900's.

This ticks me off more then anything next to our treatment of the American Indians. We have decimated that country to the extent we have almost destroyed any history of the Hawaiian peoples and culture and illegally with high shenanigans forced them to become a state that the natives did not get to vote on. It was an outright hostile takeover and illegal.

It's so bad that the white Americans who moved there through the years have now started claiming that They ( and their descendants) are actually native Hawaiians. Big Lie. If you were born in Hawaii you owe it to yourself to take no pride in your place of birth as an American. All Americans should leave Hawaii and give the country back to their rightful owners.

I will always contend that Hawaii is not a state but it is a sovereign country of the Polynesian people and we Americans have No Right to be there at all.
edit on 27-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
This thread turned into a "show how idiotic you can be in the name of your country" contest.
The OP should be beaten for starting this trash, it was done in a very inflammatory manner. I enjoyed the few factual posts though, always good to brush up on our history. I love you, Canada!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

The British saw this as a perfect opportunity to force back America into the Empire and the US government saw it as a perfect opportunity to take Canada. The French were wrecking the British allies until Waterloo (except Spain).

The USA was surrounded by the British and the French and was taking part of the power grab that was happening at all sides. Thomas Jefferson sent James Monroe to the French in order to buy up as much land as to not be threatened by the French and help the French war machine fight our #1 enemy the British. This is a very sensitive subject to anyone from the UK.

In short, the British hated the fact that we would not stop trading with the French.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Rudy2shoes

So true, so very true....

and so funnyyyy!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FrankLY

Originally posted by Ben81
Dont mess with Canadians

Yeah, it's because of the French Frogs that Canada/Britain won most "wars" back then...

Read up on the "Frogs" ;-)
French Canadians Kick *ss

Hoo Rah! My family has been in Canada since 1638. We came as soldiers then became farmer / soldiers (Malitia). I was the last one who served Regular and Reserve.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock

Originally posted by winterkill
This one makes me laugh every time. How many out there were ever taught this piece of history while in school?

The Burning of Washington in 1814 was an incident during the War of 1812 between the forces of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland and those of the United States of America. On August 24, 1814, after defeating the Americans at the Battle of Bladensburg, a British force led by Major General Robert Ross occupied Washington, D.C. and set fire to many public buildings. The facilities of the U.S. government, including the White House and U.S. Capitol, were largely destroyed.[3] The British commander's orders to burn only public buildings and strict discipline among the British troops are credited with preserving the city's private buildings.
This was the only time since the Revolutionary War that a foreign power captured and occupied the United States capital.[4]

en.wikipedia.org...

I cant believe the Irish would have anything to do with it. Maybe North Irish.....but their not really Irish.

Really? It's quite likely that the people in Northern Ireland have probably been in Ireland longer than your ancestors have been in America. How Irish do they need to be? Do they have to be pro-IRA New York or Boston Catholics who've never actually been to Ireland to fit the Irish template in your mind? Or maybe just the regular Brit-hating Irish-Americans who've never actually been to Ireland?

Enjoy your cognitive dissonance and understanding of history!
edit on 27-11-2012 by Merriman Weir because: .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by JDmOKI

In short, the British hated the fact that we would not stop trading with the French.
Let's not forget the fact that the Americans were annoyed at the Brits for stopping their ships and yoinking Royal Navy deserters. Lot's of contributing factors, but it was the outcome that mattered. Canada stood undefeated.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yes, they were taking our sailors and forcing them into the British navy. Its unfortunate that we attempted to take Canada...we did beat the British on a couple occasions though. I don't think there was a such thing as a Canadian at that time sooooo technically we defeated you guys

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Some people think that Canada was not Canada until 1867. 1867 was the year that the whole country from coast to coast joined under that heading. Canada existed way before that called upper and lower Canada in the area of Ontario/Quebec. The people there were Canadians. The British military was just posted there by England.

On that burning thing, the reason the White House is white, is because they had to paint it to cover up the burn marks on the stone foundation.

If not for Canadians, it might be the Beige House.
edit on 27-11-2012 by winterkill because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It was British Rule, even in those days.I've been to our friendly northern neighbor's country more times than I can count and for reasons I won't go into, hope Toronto gets an NFL team before Los Angeles.

But here's the real Litmus Test: in 1936 'Great Britain' (featuring all Canadian players) won the Olympic Gold medal in hockey.

I rest my case.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Snoil

I would be fan of a Toronto team over a Los Angeles team any day. Would have to be an indoor stadium tho.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CranialSponge

However the nefarious Canadians still attack the U.S. All Canadian children are indoctrinated at birth to undermine the U.S. economic system by placing their dirty canadians coins into U.S. vending machines and cash registers.

I've got a jar full of them.

lol you remind me of that king of the hill episode where the Canadians move in next to Hank and criticize his Alamo beer. Anyway, A lot of people drink real beer now, local breweries are big in Oregon and they make the real stuff.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

I don't think Canada has anything to apologize for, it was the British Mercenary forces being paid by the Rothschild banking cartel who burned the Public buildings, that held our government documents.

The Rothschilds only mission was to destroy the original 13th Amendment which disabled the Banking cartel from gaining control of our country. The bait they used to start the war was to kidnap American sailors at sea.

Extensive research since then has uncovered the following:

1.) The unlawful removal of a ratified 13th Amendment from the US Constitution.

2.) The Amendment had been printed in at least 18 separate publications by 11 different states and territories from 1819 to 1868.

3.) The Amendment was secretly removed from documents by a group of lawyers and bankers. In its place was entered the slave Amendment, which was the 14th amendment, which was changed to the 13th Amendment. All of this occurred during the turmoil of the civil war.

4.) Since the Amendment was not lawfully repealed, it is still the law of the land.

5.) Colorado printed the correct 13th Amendment in 1668. [This probably should read 1868.]

The following is why the Amendment was written and what the meaning is: (Keep in mind we had just fought the Revolutionary War.) The "title of nobility" and words such as "nobility," "honour," "emperor," "king," "esquire" and "prince" normally would lead you, today, to dismiss this Amendment.

The implications of this original Amendment are staggering to say the lease. Law would be very simple to understand and no need for a lawyer at trial. Admiralty law would not exist in the United States. Etc.....

There is another area this Amendment covers that would be hotly debated by "Secret Society" members in that they too because of their "titles" and global organization, powers, would also be banned from public office. In the 13th original Amendment the term "What so ever" covers there organization.

For further information do a key word search on "Original 13th Amendment.

So again, Canada, has nothing to apologize for....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join