It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World Ends Dec 21/2012...But At What Time?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Come on guys, isn't asking for a specific time from those old Mayans a bit too much?
It clearly took a lot out of them when they told us the date, they've taken thousands of years to try and recover, but, nothing!

I for one will be having a lay-in, going to work in the afternoon/ evening, coming back and enjoying a few drinks... where I will then laugh at midnight when we're all still here and people have blown their life savings. Or, I may even find myself slightly disappointed that something hasn't happened. After all, it would be kinda cool to be there when the SHTF around the world.

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
And if something really does happen and you all are busy doing other things well who will be laughing then? Those that prepped? I mean it would be Ironic don't you think?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
We could all go to sleep on the 21st and dream it ended. Then when we wake up we can come back on ATS and compare dreams. Knowing the time could be important in that case.
Oh, that case is Budweiser by the way

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Well personally speaking I could do with a lot more concrete info about the 21st.I'm less concerned about the big issues because if the world's going to end on that day then there's would seem to be little I can do about it but there is a much more pressing matter for me anyway.

Friday 21/12/12 will be a payday and my wages go into the bank at 06:00 AM so if it goes tits up at 11:11 AM then I may aswell spend it while I can,also phone in and take the day off sick at work.I'll be damned if I'm going see the world end from work

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Funnily enough, my daughter asked me this question just a few minutes ago, and i said, the aussies are gonna get it first.

That statement alone makes the whole scenario a bit of a joke really doesnt it? I dont think anything is gonna happen on 21/12/2012. However, i believe we are on the verge of a huge change for mankind. I feel it in my fingers, i feel it in my toes....

My only true concern with the whole TEOTWAWKI thing, is that people are gonna go crazy on the aforementioned date and become a self fulfilling prophecy, although i dont really think so, i hope not anyway the vast majority of ordinary people (sheeple, sorry i hate that patronising word but it does fit the bill) are too concerned with there own little lives to really take the 2012 thing seriously, but you never know, with enough media hype, who knows what could happen.
edit on 1-12-2012 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Simple. "Time" is made up by man, so there is no accurate time.

The mayans were so "advanced", but yet they are extinct...seems to me they weren't smart at all if they couldn"t do one of the most easy things for an "advanced people" to accompish: Survive

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Well if the Mayans were that advanced, and with all of the idiot things us humans do now, make me realize if such a smart bunch of folks are now extinct, what will happen to the idiots of this world now. Maybe they will all not realize they are dead and zombies will be walking around.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by minettejo
11:11 is how the story goes, though which time zone, I am not sure.

Dammit!

Forgot about time zones...

Peace

My guess is 6:11 PM EST.
Friday December 21, 2012 may be a busy or not so busy day.
Most people will be safely watching their TVs deep inside their 2012 underground bunkers
with 10,000 cans of campbell soup behind them.

It looks like we will have 3 days of darkness.
edit on 3-12-2012 by TauCetixeta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirric
Winter solstice for 2012 will happen at 21 Dec @ 11:11:38 (UTC) aka 11:12 GMT / 0612 EST

funny how the polar clock Crop circle is 00:11:38. Funny humans

Since I'm in CST, if my alarm clock (0545) wakes me up, The end is nigh.... which is good since I'm holding a Mayan new age party that Friday night, serving all the greatest Mayan dishes to welcome in the Age of Aquarius.

Pollo Pibil (chicken)
Lime soup – chicken broth with lime juice, small pieces of chicken and pieces of fried tortilla.
Panuchos – tortilla filled with first cooked and then mashed fried beans.
Filled cheese – Edam cheese filled with ground pork meet and covered with tomato sauce.
Poc-Chuc – Fine slices of roasted pork meat marinated in orange juice adorned with a hot sauce and pickled onions.
Black corn tortilla – ground pork meat in black chili sauce seasoned spices.

Oh yes lots of tequila too

Sirric

edit on 27/11/12 by sirric because: (no reason given)

Dude i'm comming to your house for dinner!!

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by minettejo

Yes. 11:12 UTC
OR
7:12 am for the east coast people.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What do you mean the world ends?

Are you telling us all that we are all going to be dead sometime prior to the 22nd of this month?

Huh?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by minettejo
Well winter solstice is at 11:12 UTC

That is the same as 11:12 GMT... which means Europe will end at 12:12 GMT+1.

Just enough time to have a quick lunch. Me is pleased!

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

It's not an ending . It's a new beginning.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join