It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage after popular students are found murdered in man's basement after 'they robbed his home on

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
reply to post by Annee

Which states in America prosecute this type of crime as a capital offense?

It's ridiculous to say that people who commit relatively petty crimes deserve to dies. I would agree that they deserve to go to prison for a few years, or maybe shot in the shoulder. But there seems to be this concerning mentality in some Americans that anyone who trespasses is asking for a bullet in the head. That's a savage mentality. You call the police, fire a warning shot maybe and tell them if they don't leave they are risking their lives.

Plus, this guy seemingly killed them out of anger, and not defense.

The thing is that being understanding or lenient can cost you your life... Society in the US has reached a certain hardness which make you take things not for granted. Being able to buy a gun easily does not help to prevent "accidents" like the one mentioned in the OP.

Especially old folks will take measurements to protect their property and personal safety. The best option for elderly citizens will be the purchase of a gun instead of chosing a baseball-bat to swing with. An other aspect which will make it very dangerous for breaking and entering a senior citizens home is his/ hers abillity to make the right decision at such stressfull events. With other words, a burglar can expect lead flying around once discovered.

edit on 26/11/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   
As the first kid fell the others KNEW they messed up and were going to get what they deserved. Thats the silver lining. Yes, i think they deserved to be killed. I also think the guy was a lil nuts and he did not do the right thing after he shot them.

I would not charge him with second degree murder at all After they were dead it didn't matter what he did to the bodies since after all, the kids were in the wrong First. . I would charge him with failing to properly notify police of a crime, let him pay a fine and send him home.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
Yes, i think they deserved to be killed.

Wow, I guess my moral compass is off because this makes zero sense to me. Personally the only justification for me to shoot someone is in self defense. If I have you at gunpoint, I have control over the situation. I choose what happens.

Those kids should be in jail, not in the ground. Theft is not something you should die for.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
The funny thing is after this thread I found this:

There might be no rational to any of these stories. The stories in themselves might be a pretense to craziness.
edit on 27-11-2012 by hoochymama because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
As awful as it is that they were killed, I don't know what else to say other than.... Don't break into peoples house and try to rob them....

If they didn't do that they would not be dead right now....

Star students? They sound like losers to me.

Sorry that they are dead...It is a shame that they did not get help for their apparent issues before things got this far.

Am I being harsh? maybe, maybe not....But that is where I stand, popular or not.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by hoochymama
The funny thing is after this thread I found this:

There might be no rational to any of these stories. The stories in themselves might be a pretense to craziness.

I'm watching that right now, I'm also logged in to the RB...I looked out of my window when you posted this...lol This is scary...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EyesWideShut

. If I have you at gunpoint, I have control over the situation. I choose what happens.

No you don't have any control until you shoot. You have a false sense of security until you shoot and stop the person. Perhaps you don't mean to kill them but you have to shoot to stop them. There are many times people held others at gunpoint and the situation got out of control because the person with the gun messed up, or would not shoot and the trespasser got the upper hand.
edit on 27-11-2012 by JohnPhoenix because: sp

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

isnt the law if anyone dies in the act of commiting a felony then the criminal gets charged with murder??

anyone defending these kids is really dillusional, come in to my house uninvited your gonna get shot

people should be praising this guy for getting these dirt bags off the street

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

WRONG ! what happen's when they end up killing the people in the next home the rob . You have to be kidding right ? Break into my home you get no warning shot !

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

. If I have you at gunpoint, I have control over the situation. I choose what happens.

No you don't have any control until you shoot. You have a false sense of security until you shoot and stop the person. Perhaps you don't mean to kill them but you have to shoot to stop them. There are many times people held others at gunpoint and the situation got out of control because the person with the gun messed up, or would not shoot and the trespasser got the upper hand.

No, maybe YOU don't have control. I can assure you, having carried a department issued firearm that I have complete control of the situation. Shooting actually means you've lost control of the situation. People only have 2 ways of dealing with others, either by force or by reason. Your only options on the other end of the gun are comply, or get shot.

As long as they kept their hands where I told them and complied with my orders, I'd have no reason to shoot. If they didn't in all likelyhood it would result in Injuries incompatible with life.

I don't know why people are so quick to shoot someone, if it's avoidable...avoid it.

edit on 27-11-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

I agree with gimmiesomeHippie here..
with the truth and the things..

ahem.. but yeah, the only reason this is news is because the guy shot 'more than needed'. I guess if the onus is on the trespasser to know that if they are seen then they will be shot at to kill, not harm or injure, but kill, then they deserve no sympathy.

lol I'd hate to be a newb wandering at night, first time somewhere over there in the US, just getting off a bus at 11:45pm... bus drives away.. theres the bus seat and a street light blaring down yellow everywhere. You need help and you see a porch light on, and shadows moving. You decide to ask for help, and approach. "Hello?" *BANG*

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend
reply to post by DirtyLiberalHippie

I agree with gimmiesomeHippie here..
with the truth and the things..

ahem.. but yeah, the only reason this is news is because the guy shot 'more than needed'. I guess if the onus is on the trespasser to know that if they are seen then they will be shot at to kill, not harm or injure, but kill, then they deserve no sympathy.

lol I'd hate to be a newb wandering at night, first time somewhere over there in the US, just getting off a bus at 11:45pm... bus drives away.. theres the bus seat and a street light blaring down yellow everywhere. You need help and you see a porch light on, and shadows moving. You decide to ask for help, and approach. "Hello?" *BANG*

really? most people don't sit on their porch with a gun.. are you canadian or something?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Good kids dont break into peoples homes, If they were good kids doing what good kids do they would not have been shot.
How can people blame someone for protecting themself from home invaders? what if these good kids had a gun or a knife and attacked this man and for all he knew , they could have paniced and killed him for fear of getting caught. like it or not they go what they deserved. its just a chance you take when you break into someones home and they lost the game they chose to play.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Having empathy and being unsympathetic are not mutually exclusive. I could easily imagine being in these kids' shoes in numerous different versions of this encounter. I don't think they "deserved to die" but since when is that relevant in cases like this?

I'm actually quite liberal but this kind of extreme liberalism is part of why society is so messed up. We send these impossible mixed messages and wade through a sea of grey when debating moral issues to the point where all anyone can spout is personal opinion driven by emotion.

I maintain a much clearer view of things.
People don't often jump in front of moving trains unless they want to die or are mentally deranged. Why is this?
Because there is a pervasive understanding that you will die if you do it.
People don't pickpocket grizzly bears for salmon either.. can you guess why?

Yes.. lives are precious but the big picture is what we should be looking at here and if every time some criminal broke into someone's house they got murdered by the resident.. well let's just say that home invasions are statistically more common than leaping in front of speeding trains and pickpocketing bears combined.

It is sad these kids died this way. The man's mental health sound questionable to me. But if these kids understood consequences then maybe they'd have decided not to break into his home. And if they decided to anyways would anyone be arguing who's responsible for their demise?

The message should be clear and the police state is not sending this clear message.
"When you deliberately victimize innocent people the consequences could be ultimate."
End of story.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Rineocerous because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by Rineocerous because: spelling

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17

Ok, they shouldn't have robbed the house.

They still didn't deserve to die.

There's no good answer on this.

agreed.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This whole story sounds odd, I've been in this situation twice and I can tell you no one was shot multiple times and with 2 different guns? Then waiting to call the police til the next day? C'mon people!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

No, maybe YOU don't have control. I can assure you, having carried a department issued firearm that I have complete control of the situation. Shooting actually means you've lost control of the situation. People only have 2 ways of dealing with others, either by force or by reason. Your only options on the other end of the gun are comply, or get shot.

As long as they kept their hands where I told them and complied with my orders, I'd have no reason to shoot. If they didn't in all likelyhood it would result in Injuries incompatible with life.

I don't know why people are so quick to shoot someone, if it's avoidable...avoid it.

edit on 27-11-2012 by EyesWideShut because: (no reason given)

It always amazes me the extent at which the military will instill a false sense of security into their warm bodies to get them to follow orders.It's a necessary evil I suppose but even you big bad guy can lose control and a younger tougher thug can get the upper hand. your cockiness can be your undoing. Keep believing you have complete control without shooting and one day, you will learn the hard way. There is nothing to compel a person to listen to the barrel end of your gun. There are circumstances that can happen that you cannot control no mater how well prepared you think you are.. just ask the millions of dead US servicemen who thought as you do now and gave their life for that belief.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Its a tragedy that two young people died. They made a mistake and it cost them their lives.

I think its obvious that the homeowner made some mistakes too. After the boy went in and shots were fired, the girl still followed? Yea right. Then the wounded girl laughs after his gun jams. It sounds like a bad over-dramatic Hollywood script. Not immediately calling the police is most defenitly a mistake deserving of punishment.

A home invasion is a huge deal. My parents house was robbed when I was a child (only took the VCR lol). The door frame was physically busted in. We were not at home at the time, but it still caused a lot of anxiety and the loss of feeling safe at home. I never got a good night's sleep after that for a couple of years.

I have thought about what somebody would come in my house for. There's not much of value worth stealing, but they could be kidnappers. I would assume that any invader would have 'cased' my house and would only be after one thing. I will protect her with my life and it will cost them theirs...

A guy I know in town lives in a nice house full of nice stuff. He made a LOT of money in the drug trade before the police caught on. He squealed on some business partners who then served their time and are free now. He's convinced that they're coming for him. This guy is defenitely going to execute a wounded intruder. It's not right, but it's the way it is.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Clearly, the guilty party here is:

-everyone that has ever voted for the right to use deadly force to defend one's property

-everyone who has ever bought or sold a gun for self-defense

-everyone who has turned a blind-eye to a victim

-anyone who doesn't stand against the lawmakers whom make immorality legal

It is extremely puzzling how our society sets its laws in opposition to its ethics, then cries foul when the two do not fit together.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   
reply to post by minniesoda

Being the middle of the day makes it sound less like a break in and more like a drug deal gone wrong. Of course i have no proof of this, but the guy was probably selling his prescription meds. Which would also explain 8 break ins recently. If a drug addict knows you are holding bottles of pills in your home you make yourself a target for this type of thing. I have family members on both sides of the prescription med game and i've heard many stories like this from them. This guy just made up a story to cover his tracks after murdering these kids for a botched deal. When the full story comes out, i'd be willing to bet it's along these lines

Like I said, I have zero proof of this, and it's only a theory, but its the feeling I get from it.

Strict

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join