It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage after popular students are found murdered in man's basement after 'they robbed his home on

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

Originally posted by chishuppu
Im loving these righteous people in here, these stop cold decision makers, these adrenalineless people.

Monday morning quarterbacking is so much easier…

I'm going to shoot first with the assumption they are armed too.

I don't think anyone has a problem with him shooting the teens. I think they have a problem with him going for the kill when the threat was clearly neutralized.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

he really shouldn't have stashed the bodies away and should've called 911 to report it...but I have to say if you caught someone breaking and entering your home, you're in mortal danger; and this guy is almost 70 and he was outnumbered.

I think a couple months in minimum security plus community service is the most he'll get.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

You beat me to it, star for you.

I think this whole situation is tragic on both sides.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

Originally posted by detachedindividual
Oh grow up!

Home invasion is burglary, it's petty theft. It's a pathetic little crime.

You need to learn English and work out what these words mean. I know Bush liked to extend the idea of "terrorism" to anyone who disagreed with him, but come on! This is just so stupid it's verging on the insane!

If home invasion is a petty crime, how do you explain all the cases of home invasions where the people who owned the home came up dead, kidnapped, or raped?

Home invasion is not just burglary it is not just petty theft. Many different things can and DO happen in cases where strangers enter your home without permission and it has been that way for decades. The truth is the term "home invasion" is a relatively new term, but the crime itself is not new. The Manson case was a home invasion, and how many people ended up dead in that "petty theft"?

edit on 27-11-2012 by MrWendal because: (no reason given)

And the same can be considered of any crime. Drink driving is a crime, but does it automatically mean the driver is also guilty of murder? No. Stop making up the rules as you go. The vast majority (and I mean VAST MAJORITY) of break and enter incidents involve opportunistic thieves wanting money or possessions.

I know this, because I spent ten years in security and responding to these incidents. The majority of these incidents do not involve rape and murder, they involve some drug addict looking for something to sell for their next hit - this is a fact that no bombastic posting on here will ever change!

Escalation of that crime to something else is rare, and we all know it. So stop jumping to the worse case scenario to support a biased argument.

The fact is, these were two kids who broke the law, but the force used to stop them was grossly excessive. Any sane person can see that. The property of a person is not more valuable than a Human life, whoever that property belongs to.

The idea that people would immediately say execution of a criminal is acceptable under these circumstances makes me sick and makes me concerned for our society. While people are moving away from supporting the death penalty in the US, people are willing to accept execution style murder over nothing more than a persons "things".

What is wrong with people?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by thov420

yea it's a shame, not only for the three that were involved.
but also for their friends and family.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

It was not any extention of any of "my" logic, it was in response to the article/thread title of the O.P.-not mine.
Otherwise...your reasoning might stand. It does not.

If they found themselves in that basement without being given permission, and evidence can be shown that its the case.... I repeat. They put themselves in a position to be hurt or even killed.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
the story does not add up at all!!! first kid breaks in through a window, is immediately shot, second kid still comes in through window even after her friend gets shot?? any drug or alcohol tests done on the homeowner? dead men tell no tales but hopefully forensics and a good investigation will get to the bottom of what really happened.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Does it bother anyone else how so many people jumped to conclusions without seemingly reading what little evidence there is? In my opinion, trying to debate what was right or wrong is almost redundant at this point. Just from what I've read people have had their own preconceptions and rushed in with knee jerk reactions. There is a point where someone is no longer a threat to you and it seems this man had got to that point with these kids it seems from what evidence there is. If he had a kill shot on the first shot it may be a different story but that just wasn't the case.

I just thought I would add my two cents and an observation I've made, it seems too many people have knee jerk reactions to something they may have only read a few lines of text about. It seems to fuel more arguments than real debate. Anyway just something to think about if you want.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SymbolicLogic
reply to post by nenothtu

Yet a slight man such as I, using nothing more than words...

has found effective remedy with no bloodshed.

So.

You are full of #.

No I'm not. I'm about a quart low. Can I have some of yours? You appear to have such an overabundance of it that you won't miss any.

Some folks are good with words, some good with knitting needles, and some with howitzers. Pick your poison, but don't restrict others to what you THINK might work for you.

I say THINK, because no way in hell have you encountered every possibility to throw words at. I truly believe that I personally know people who would have your head on a pike inside 8 minutes if you tried to "subdue" them with words, and they would probably do it not out of malice, but just to shut you up because all that jabberin' was disturbing their peace.

Not all of us are refined gentlemen such as yourself, adhering to the Marquis of Queensbury playbook. Some of us are just plain neanderthal, will grunt and scratch and not put up with a lot of foppish silliness.

See? I said all that, and never once had to resort to a word that will pop a pound sign into my post. I think I've grown!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
If they found themselves in that basement without being given permission, and evidence can be shown that its the case.... I repeat. They put themselves in a position to be hurt or even killed.

Not double tap executed..

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by stanislav

i hope he bans all guns too, so when you are getting %^&* up we can all watch and say , haha

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:18 PM
link   
well like i said from the get go these two teens are now known to have stolen drugs at least one home.

LITTLE FALLS, Minn. (AP) — Authorities say a car linked to two teens shot and killed during an alleged home burglary on Thanksgiving Day contained prescription drugs stolen from another house. Nicholas Brady and Haile Kifer were killed last Thursday in the home of Byron Smith, who is charged with murder. Officials say a car seized after the shootings contained prescriptions that belong to Richard Johnson, a retired English teacher.

Sheriff: Car teens were in contained stolen items

i bet it's pretty safe to say that they did break in the shooters home.
i wonder if all those that say smith was a prev. or lured the two in feel about yay big now.

i bet some will brush up on their critical thinking and reading skills.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
i wonder if all those that say smith was a prev. or lured the two in feel about yay big now.

Not really. I think he may have been selling to them and/or even a fence, so even though they were involved in stealing it doesn't mean that they broke into this guys home.

Like someone pointed out way back, it looks a lot like a drug deal gone bad. The police saying that if people knew the details they would not be so quick to side with Smith also says a lot.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

no it was a break in, watch it will turn out that smith saw them last time his house was broke into. or some how through the grape vine he heard it was them. that's why he wanted him dead.

smith was stewing in his juices all this time and when the boy came back he was waiting for him.

ETA: i bet you that what i just said is the details the sheriff was talking about.

edit on 28-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It will turn out however it turns out but your statement makes it seem like you already have all the info when even the police have said that things are not as simple as they seem and that Smith doesn't seem to be an inoccent party.

Even if he invited them in believing that they were responsible for previous thefts, it still doesn't constitute a break in. Much less a middle of the night, glass breaking, I feared for my life situation. It's an ambush.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

well you can go back to my 2 nd post on page 10 and see i been calling it from the get go.
it's those critical thinking and reading skills i was accused of not having at work.

ETA: didn't you read in my last post where i said he was stewing inhis juices and waited for them.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   

But the facts are not all in, so that may not be the case. For all we know they may have been partners in crime till a falling out, a double murder and a lame attempt at a cover up claiming a burglary attempt.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

yea right a 64 year old man, who is retired from the state department, who more than likely had a security clearance, who from what some have said was a security officer, i have yet to read or confrim that part, with no criminal back ground. who after retirement decides he wants to go into drug dealing with two juvenile delinquents.

just doesn't fit, most people that that are involved in criminal activities have a record that stretches back to their teen years just like these two would have if they hadn't meet their demise.

come on just stop being so, what the right words, well i don't want to made any enmeies over this so i'll leave like that.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Actually the new pill popping trend has us seeing many people who have no previous criminal record veering off of the straight and narrow. Having appearances to maintain would be a good reason for things playing out a certain way.

Also, saying he was a "stand up guy" is no different than saying that the kids were "popular students". Doesn't mean that they could not have been into something shady, all three of them.

edit on 28-11-2012 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
The guy will be in prison with like minded criminals that have no problem killing incapacitated and weak people to take his frustrations out on.

I guess those that support killing them after that have been down are worse than what Islamic countries or even what the bible says. They cut off a limb for each theft that is commited, but are at least allowed to live

Originally posted by stanislav
The reason he was trying to hide their bodies is because he knew it was MURDER. He MURDERED THEM! Find me law which allows to shoot unarmed individuals during home invasion. Have you ever felt like you were in harms way because some drunk tard on the street was threatening you harm you? Would you shoot him too or defender yourself like a man ?

Originally posted by Bixxi3
it amazing how irrational people get when they fear there freedom and life. He should of called to police as soon as possible after the shooting. Im sure hiding the bodies has hurt his defense.

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join