It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage after popular students are found murdered in man's basement after 'they robbed his home on

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by korath
I wonder what kind of outrage and candle light vigil would have been held if he got shot breaking into one of their homes.

There is no evidence that suggests these kids broke into this guys house, aside from the verbal statements from the same guy who was hiding bodies in his basement.

I tend to veer towards the side of skepticism towards claims made by anyone who hides cadavers in their basement. What about you?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

this was not trespassing, this was breaking and entering.

No. It wasn't "breaking and entering". It's ALLEGEDLY breaking and entering based solely upon the verbal testimony of the guy who was hiding bodies in his basement.

apparently the police agreed, i'm sure they investigated the claim. and there is no mention that police found evidence contrary of his statement. fact is that police seem to back his story.

from the article

She added that her cousin, who had undergone treatment for substance abuse, could have been after pills from the home.

see that above, i bet you anything that was what these two were after, they were junkies looking to steel pills or stuff to get money for more.

ETA: this from your one of your posts i don't know who you are responding to.

There are simply no commonly found street drugs that would produce this sort of behavior. Moreover, this is the about the fourth time I've heard somebody offhandedly state "well...they must have been on drugs" excuse. The article states that one of them had a little problem with prescription meds...but so did Brett Farve and Rush Limbaugh.

you know much about street drugs do ya, i don't think so.
also brett frave and rush limbaugh weren't found dead in someones home after a apparent break in.

edit on 27-11-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by minniesoda
they were no longer a threat to him after he shot them the first time....he then executed them
then not reporting it to the police....something is not right with this story

There is nothing wrong with this story. People's attitudes towards a person defending their home is retarded.

I have pondered what I would do if someone broke into my home and I shot them.

I probably wouldn't call the Cops, either.

And it's really sad that it is this way in the United States.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by PvtHudson

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Ok, they shouldn't have robbed the house.

They still didn't deserve to die.

I'm going to go ahead and assume nobody has invaded your home in the night.

There is no evidence whatsoever to suggest that these kids broke into this guys house aside from the verbal statements from the guy who was hiding bodies in his basement.

Similarly...there is no reference to it being nighttime at all. You just invented that purely out of your imagination.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatrickGarrow17
Ok, they shouldn't have robbed the house.

They still didn't deserve to die.

There's no good answer on this. The shooter was probably within his rights, I'm not going to blame guns. But I actually got caught burglarizing a house when I was 16, and six years later consider myself to be a pretty good citizen. I would like to become even more productive and ethical. Many people come out of a rebellious late teens phase and do good things in the world.

Some sympathy is appropriate.

ETA: Now after reading the link...my mind has changed. The homeowner seems to have not been within his rights. His crime was far worse than two teenagers breaking and entering, and he should spend time in jail. Perhaps even the rest of his life, as he is 64.

When police arrived at his home after reports of suspicious activity, Smith, 64, confessed to shooting the teenagers repeatedly and stashing their bodies after they broke into his home, authorities said. On Monday, he was charged with second-degree murder and police revealed he told them he fired more shots than necessary after his gun jammed and Kifer laughed at him.

In the United States, what that man did, should not be a crime.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
reply to post by PatrickGarrow17

Violence during home invasions

Your argument is flawed. Of course burglary isn't a death penalty crime, but if they're being charged with burglary, it's being done in hindsight. The outcome has already happened, and the worst case was some property was stolen or damaged. When you're in the moment though, how are you as a homeowner to know that the people that just forcibly entered your home are there to just steal? Look at the statistics in those links. People are raped, tortured and even killed during home invasions. I would hate to kill a guy that was just going to steal material things from me, but I would hate even worse to see my family hurt or killed because I didn't do anything. Being a criminal has its risks.

edit on 27-11-2012 by johneffendoe because: because I can

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Plus, this guy seemingly killed them out of anger, and not defense.

It's his property, he could have killed them just because he didn't like the color of their shoes.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by hounddoghowlie

this was not trespassing, this was breaking and entering. there is a difference.
trespassing is like walking across someones propriety or being somewhere uninvited,
breaking and entering is just that, they broke in with the intent of steeling from this man.

You're right trespassing was the wrong word....

well i think anybody that's been convicted of the crime would, seeing how your trying to justify yourself. fact is you are a lucky P O S if you are a convicted felon, no matter what your age was. just because you may have fallen out of the pattern of being a repeat thief like most who go in and out of jail.

I'm not a convicted felon, I was caught but no charges were filed...so I'm an even luckier POS than you know

And you're right I'm not highly trusted because of my past actions. That's fine.

I'm not justifying the actions of these kids at all. Even if I were, justifying murder is worse.

The man who killed these intruders committed an awful crime.

And killing should be the last resort at all times, even when defending your property.
edit on 11/27/2012 by PatrickGarrow17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
If you are confronted by strangers that broke into your home you generally panic. It is human nature to defend yourself. Possibly you could call it temporary insanity. Your base instincts take over. Nobody really knows what they would do in a situation like that. Even cops shoot first and ask questions later at times and they are trained for scenarios like that. It is sad but even sadder that they are considered popular kids. Thugs are popular now?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

apparently the police agreed, i'm sure they investigated the claim. and there is no mention that police found evidence contrary of his statement. fact is that police seem to back his story.

That's not apparent at all. The police haven't commented on it as of yet. Likewise, there is NOTHING in the article that indicates the police agree with anything that it says whatsoever.

Good job on the critical thinking and reading skills.

from the article

She added that her cousin, who had undergone treatment for substance abuse, could have been after pills from the home.

see that above, i bet you anything that was what these two were after, they were junkies looking to steel pill or stuff to get money for more.

Perhaps. It's certainly a possibility. But should we REALLY be this quick to take it all at face value? If they were "after pills" that would seem to indicate that the homeowner was ALSO a "junkie" on pills. How do we know that he wasn't mixing his pills and booze on Thanksgiving and that caused him to shoot the two nice kids who knocked on his door to ask directions? If this guy had Brett Favre's body stuffed underneath the basement steps would we just take this guys word at face value? No toxicology report has been issued yet....how do you know that the creepy old guy didn't drug them both with roofies and then shot them when they came to and tried to escape? Has anybody checked their internet activity? What if these kids responded to a "for sale" posting on craigslist and already had a meeting arranged at the specific time they allegedly "broke into the house?"

Does the old man's story even seem PLAUSIBLE?? I personally find it mighty hard to believe that an 18 yr old girl with a dead cousin and one bullet in her already was laughing at this clown. Doesn't that statement alone make you take pause and "wait a second...what?!?"

It should.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

It's his property, he could have killed them just because he didn't like the color of their shoes.

Ummm...actually...that's false.

Murder is illegal on everybody's land.

LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ToneDeaf

Originally posted by sepermeru
I don't believe they broke into his house. I believe that it was a family visit -- I believe one of them was his cousin -- for the holiday that went horribly wrong because this man is clearly mentally ill. Massive overkill and self-defense are not the same, the whole bit about the girl "laughing" at him after already having been shot s just freaking creepy and suspicious, and the fact that he hid the bodies so as not to bother the police on Thanksgiving? I can't believe anybody is taking this guy's story at face value.

I can believe people are having a great time being internet tough guys at the merest hint of a chance, though. That part definitely rings true.

Something about this 'story' isn't quite right.
His house seems rundown, so why would they need
to break a window to get in ?
Wouldn't burglars just kick-in the flimsy door rather than
risk getting cutup by broken glass ?
Would they not have knocked on the door first to
see if anyone was home, before breaking in ?
Breaking windows seems more of a harassment tactic,
. . . or a cover-up.
But then, having his home broken in so many times,
it would be only natural for the old guy to be paranoid etc.

Boy, you have no concept on how this stuff works do you. I have known people who have done this kind of stuff throughout the years. These kids don't kick down doors on an occupied house, you increase your chances of getting shot, sneaking in through a window is safer. We just had a break in in Palmer at a gas station/market, which was also attached to the owners home. When the owner came home he caught them coming out a window and the kids held the owner at gunpoint till they were able to get away. They didn't shoot the owner but if he would have made the wrong move they may have. I'll shoot anyone breaking into my house, if it is my own grandchildren I will be sad but they should not have broken in. They know to yell to me or ring the doorbell.

People who are against this law are worried their own kids may be breaking into someones house in the future. If my kids or grandkids get shot breaking into someones house, I will not feel anger to the person shooting them. I will however investigate it on my own to make sure it is all the facts aretrue and take appropriate action if I find the person was lying. Take it as I said, appropriate. If the cops hands are tied justice will be served somehow.

In this case, the action of the elderly person seems justifiable. If it were my kids I would be questioning how I screwed up with the upbringing of my kids.
edit on 27-11-2012 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"Popular students"? Yeah...who were THIEVES committing a felony. They werent so much as MURDERED...but set themselves up to be "KILLED" in the commision of a FELONY.

Their fault. 100%. They and they alone put themselves in that position.

link   
im sorry but human wisdom should have prevailed here, that man was 64 .....those kids were under 18 they dont know any better at that age they do things at the spur of the moment......they had their entire lives ahead of them....

The old man could have given them a warning shot to scare them away that would have worked...or shot them in the leg.....they could have survived and learnt from their mistake and turned their lives around.

i know robbing a house is wrong, but they didnt deserve to die at such a young age.

shot multiple times as well!

link   
I love the way the Mail, out of all the possible social network images they could have harvested, still manage to choose a 'down the top for a bit of cleavage shot'.

Laughable.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ISeekTruth101

A minimum of a thousand kids learned it is not wise to break into a house because of this incident. I am sure if they got thrown in jail only ten kids would have learned this on a local basis.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by milominderbinder

Originally posted by LewsTherinThelamon

Ummm...actually...that's false.

Murder is illegal on everybody's land.

LOL

In the bastardized form of the United States, where people do not understand the difference between rights vs. privileges, nor the importance of property...your statement is 100% correct.

LOL

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by milominderbinder

If they didn't break in what where they doing there in the first place? Did they know the guy and just stopped by to visit?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Some kids try and build bombs at home and blow themselves up. Some kids drive recklessly because they lack experience and kill themselves and others. Some kids jump off roofs and break their necks and die.

And some choose to KNOWINGLY break the law and the sanctity of others and get themselves shot.

I will not give them quarter for effing stupidity and I am thankful they will not reproduce.

yeah yeah the old coot went overboard but whining about these kids is misplaced empathy...actually pathetic.

flame away...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
I you find intruders in your home in the dead of night and stop to ask questions first you are asking to be bummed at the very least!

A bullet in the head and one in the chest for good measure. Then maybe a question as to there intentions.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join