It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA says Mars discovery isn't 'earthshaking' after all

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
The scientist said that they had some interesting results which needed to be verified but looked very interesting at the time. Where's the wolf?

Phage that's not what was released. Here this may help
It's normally a reliable Source

Grotzinger says they recently put a soil sample in SAM, and the analysis shows something remarkable. "This data is gonna be one for the history books. It's looking really good,"

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Thank you. I provided that quote in my first post in the thread. Did you read the rest of the article?

You know, Spirit and Opportunity put a lot of stuff in the history books.

edit on 11/26/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I know you did I was being facetious by using your own source and reply to refute your previous reply to my response.

If NASA has known that this wasn't going to be "All that" then why have they allowed this anticipation to just hang there for this amount of time instead of just coming immediately right out and correcting this obvious exaggeration?

Sounds to me like they are playing politics and are fishing for more funds....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Thought 1: There is something earthshaking discovered but NASA wasn't suppose to tell the public. So now they're backtracking after TPTB got hold of them.

There will be no earthshaking news from NASA. Ever.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpearMint

Originally posted by Philosophile

reply to post by Philosophile

I thought that, in the past, NASA has been known to conceal information from us.

For example?

I'd just start out with my personal belief in existence of extraterrestrial life and UFOs (that are controlled by a sentient being.)

Oh you believe in extraterrestrial life? Well that proves NASA have concealed information from us then. Well done.

That's not it at all. Sorry you understood it as such. Perhaps my wording was difficult to understand. I was essentially saying that because of my beliefs I've been exposed to, cases of NASA concealing information about extraterrestrial life, UFOs, and among other space relevant conspiracies. I'm not saying that NASA has or does this. Just basing it off of what I've read in the past. Which, at the time, I cannot give you a source those that I've read because I don't remember the specifics entirely.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by SpearMint

"This data is gonna be one for the history books," Curiosity chief scientist John Grotzinger, of Caltech in Pasadena, told NPR. "It's looking really good."

Well they did kind of had people involved in the program elude to it being BIG

And it will be in the history books if they've discovered something new.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Sounds to me like they are playing politics and are fishing for more funds....

I can see it now,quote from NASA.........

'We found alien life and gold and we can make the alien life mine the gold for us and send it back to Earth'.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

What did i say about NASA Slayer?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
(Never mind)
edit on 11/26/2012 by impaired because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by openminded2011

Thanks for sharing that quick video ^ - I got a good chuckle from it.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Jason88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by sarra1833
I'm just as much alive and cognizant as TPTB. I may not be rich, but I still breathe the same H20 that they do.

Are you and TPTB aliens ? Are you in fact what they are covering up? Did you let it slip out without realising?

H2O is water...and you say you breathe it!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:16 PM
link   
test results obtained
nasa still lifts their ears and they flock
thanks for tuning in
now fund us

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

NASA has been known to conceal information from us.

For example?

Like their favorite colour and what hobbies they enjoy etc

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   

NASA has been known to conceal information from us.

For example?

why they can't take pictures without having to airbrush them in this day and age to start

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Of coarse anything of significance would not be shared with the public, and whoever made the comment about one for the history books is probably locked away in Dulce getting flayed.

We all pay for nasa and should know what they know in real time. There should be no national security issues with letting people know what happens on other planets and in space.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
People forget that what is an earthshaking discovery to a planetary biologist is a boring data set that is meaningless to much of the public.

It looks like one of the lead investigators was excited and wasn't careful with his verbiage when he made the press comment.

Honestly, all you need to do to understand why NASA released this latest statement telling everyone to tone it down is read this thread.

NASA: We found something really interesting

ATS: NASA found life on Mars!!!!!

NASA: well, its not really that amazing..

ATS: Another NASA cover-up !

If there were a discovery hinting at possible life NASA would be shouting from the rooftops because they need more funding.

NASA isn't hiding anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Please, we are jaded and skeptical and it shows. Every bit of news coming from Mars should be for the history books but instead we wait to hear something that is meaningful to our own level of education and if it doesn't meet our expectations it becomes a waste of time.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Dear ATS Readers and Writers,

I am guessing that the big find will be Chemical compositions exposing previous warm water on Mars.

As far as NASA not telling us the whole story... Would not surprise me.

Even though most people at ATS could handle full disclosure there are many in the world, who would freak out.

What I don't understand is why do all of this digging in the dirt and scratching the surface when there are many many other anomalies taken by satellite photography that indicate vegetation and/or standing bodies of water on Mars.

Why not send a probe to one of these regions with these very strange anomalies that appear in photos from orbit?

If NASA wants or wanted to generate huge public interest in Mars exploration, then they should exploit these anomalies of photographs to generate interest and press for further funding.

People are interested in knowing and want to know what these odd photographs are really showing us!

Show the world some new strange vegetation, or life form and all the funding they ever dreamed of will be at their feet.

Perhaps they know this already and are just holding this information back from the public due to the reactions they can expect from many of the people?

And maybe it's only some chemical compositions that indicate standing water was there and not something earth shattering such as a living viable life form.

Pravdaseeker

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Anyone who actually thought NASA would release anything "earthshaking" needs to have their heads examined.

I like NASA but they won't announce anything of real importance or controversy! Hello I thought everyone knew that.

I take NASA for what it is. I think they do a lot of good things and I also think they hide a lot of things too but that doesn't mean everyone at NASA is bad. They are doing a job and many are clueless to what is going on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join