Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Blah blah end of the world..... That may not be the real threat.

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
There's millions of people going psycho over this 2012 end of the world stuff. There's millions who actually believe it.

Now if you don't believe that the world will end that day, then good. But there's a problem... people/society

I myself believe that on that day (December 21st, 2012), people are going to be extremely paranoid. It might get to a level that even a small prank can cause a whole city to panic. Therefore be prepared for chaos.
What would you do if the world was actually going to end? I would do what ever the heck pleases me! My point is that for those who do believe, they can become a threat. They might randomly pull out a gun and shoot people, they will rob people, rape people, etc.

You can't be sure of what will happen. Maybe you have a neighbor that really hates you, he believes that the end of the world will come. Who knows, he might burn your house down and kill you while he's at it.

Now, i might be exaggerating possibly, but that's just to show the possible threats. It's not just people causing havoc, there will be massive suicides as well. Especially with all this media and social networking. Someone can simply say that they plan a giant riot somewhere, and other can join in either because they want to join the cause or just for the heck of it!

If you are a store owner, i suggest that you carry an armed weapon with you on the 21st of December... who knows who can break in!
I'd say that the more populated urban areas could be hit hardest by chaos.

You can never know what the human limits are.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Good post

I think that some people want it to happen and may try to bring it about.
Far to many old books saying the end of times will happen and far to many people believe in those books and may try to prove those old books are correct by helping it happen just so they can say "we told you so".
I don't think the end is near but it will be If we give those people the means to make it happen maybe it will happen.

Sorry for a lot of happens in my post

But what ever "Happens" lol, I will fight for humanity.
edit on 26-11-2012 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I'd be more worried about the preceding and following days.

You're going to have a troll army mobilizing to make fun of every single person who believes in it slightly.

That's when i'd expect most of the pre-emptive or retaliatory strikes.

Think about it this way.
People have been shot over Black Friday, Football games, the Election etc...
Hell people have been shot because it is Tuesday.

It should be expected that someone is going to die on December 21st.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a gun against a swarm of hungry people

not a good idea if you have this kind of mob in front of your store

they will eat you alive before you run out of bullets

dont give them a reason to public lynch you .. because they will tare you appart

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
There's also going to be "end of the world" parties, and far too many drunks out there. And the 21st falls on a Friday.

I'm not going anywhere - I'm rural with good, sane neighbours (only 2 nearby).
I'm hoping our family from the city is able to make it out here, where it'll be safe.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kuroodo
There's millions of people going psycho over this 2012 end of the world stuff. There's millions who actually believe it.

But do they?
It might feel like that, if we focus on the internet discussion, but our best hope is that in the real world beyond the computer screens, the greater proportion of the world are oblivious to the whole thing.
Except inasmuch as the media will bring it to their attention, describing it as the strange obsession of a minority.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Yes, NWO agenda, and martial law, one world government, that kind of thing, has always been in the back of my mind. But I also think that there is some energy coming in and so will just wait and see, what 2012 is all about since nobody has a clue, really. Pole Shift? Tons of theories! I see safe people, free people, abundant people, end to all poverty and homelessness and slavery and the very same wonderful goals of colonizing the solar system happening without Corporate Rule NWO, but grass roots advanced democratic and equal systems. I don't see what they see.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   
This is painfully ignorant. Why? You seem to forget that those who, most of the time, believe in the 2012 phenomenon do not - as of late - believe it to be the "end of the world" but the "end of the world as we know it" whom are also among the esoteric, New-Age, and other beliefs (the "one-love" party.) With that, I'm basically trying to say that just because the "day of arrival syndrome" (referred to in another thread) might affect some people it doesn't mean that absolutely everyone that does believe in the prophecy will lose their moral and current groundings as a person they've grown up to be.

Sure, their might be distress and chaos, but nothing on the level of panic in which there would be a mass of amoral people running amok "raping and pillaging villages" or anything along those lines, or so I believe. It'd be foolish to say that just because of a seemingly and perpetuated ominous date that all hell would break loose. Although I was way younger when Y2K arrived, I don't recall any mass upheaval of chaos than there already was in the world. In the sense that, nature's probably just going to play it's role as it does every day and what happens - happens.

As for myself, those that I know, and are assure of I can definitely say that regardless of whether or not the outcome turns to that of true; we will not lose our fundamentals and wreak havoc.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don't think there's THAT many. Some nut jobs that hang around sites like ATS may do as you say but your average person with an IQ above 70 doesn't care. I think most of those that do care won't be panicking because they've realised ther end of the world was never predicted by the Mayan calendar, as stated by the Mayans.
edit on 26-11-2012 by SpearMint because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Philosophile
With that, I'm basically trying to say that just because the "day of arrival syndrome" (referred to in another thread) might affect some people it doesn't mean that absolutely everyone that does believe in the prophecy will lose their moral and current groundings as a person they've grown up to be.

As the author of that "day of arrival syndrome" thread, I should point out that it doesn't mean the kind of behaviour described in the OP of this thread.
Quite the contrary- it's about the phenomenon (noticed on other "predicted" days) of the prediction believers going strangely quiet on the discussion forums when the expected day has arrived

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISRAELI

Originally posted by Philosophile
With that, I'm basically trying to say that just because the "day of arrival syndrome" (referred to in another thread) might affect some people it doesn't mean that absolutely everyone that does believe in the prophecy will lose their moral and current groundings as a person they've grown up to be.

As the author of that "day of arrival syndrome" thread, I should point out that it doesn't mean the kind of behaviour described in the OP of this thread.
Quite the contrary- it's about the phenomenon (noticed on other "predicted" days) of the prediction believers going strangely quiet on the discussion forums when the expected day has arrived

I was using that as an example, not directly saying that what the "day of arrival syndrome" that you described is an equivalent to OP, but rather an addition or another describing word for the behavior described here.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit
There's also going to be "end of the world" parties, and far too many drunks out there. And the 21st falls on a Friday.

I'm not going anywhere - I'm rural with good, sane neighbours (only 2 nearby).
I'm hoping our family from the city is able to make it out here, where it'll be safe.

Good point there!

Some people will be parting like there's no tomorrow. Sadly there wont be for some, simply because they will take it to extremes.

I'm with you! I'm staying home!

Not like that is much different than what I usually do on a Friday night.

new topics

top topics

join