It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge Underground Shelters for SHTF Scenarios

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

With December 21 - or 'the end of the world' as it is being referred to in some camps - fast approaching, Doomsday 'preppers' are putting the final touches to bunkers where they will ride out the Apocalypse.

Huge Underground Shelters for SHTF Scenarios

Starting again in Atlantis: The Hilton Hotel in the Maldives offers luxury underwater suites where you can chill with the fishes while things get scary on dry land

The declassified bunker at Greenbrier, West Virginia has been turned into a four-star hotel, carved deep into a mountainside.

Out of this world: Pionen high-security computer storage, deep inside a mountain in Stockholm, Sweden where WikiLeaks keep servers, is a nuclear shelter

Nuclear Missile Silo-Turned-Luxury Home Listed For $750k

In the Adirondack Mountains, just a few hours drive from New York City, is a former Cold War missile base with its own runway set on 19 acres of land. If you are taking your Doomsday planning seriously it can be all yours for the asking price of $1.76million.

Abandoned Missile Silo Hidden Beneath an Unassuming Adirondacks Cabin

The 185-foot-deep silo was abandoned after the end of the Cuban missile crisis, as were 12 such models built in the region. Discovered by pilot Bill Francisco and his cousin in the early 90s, the subterranean silo was transformed over a number of years into a livable space, complete with a simulated daylight system and marble bathroom. After completing the underground renovation, the duo built a 3-bedroom home and airplane runway over the silo’s entrance.

Many more examples in the links but seemed to be a timely topic I did not find in a search of ATS. I don't think I would want to be in the underwater hotel when SHTF but the missile silo in the Adirondacks looks good. And it is a damn shame I am not worth more and at least as deserving of protection from the ravages of an impending apocalypse as a wikileak.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good post.

I was particularly interested in the Adirondack shelter. I live in the area, and think there is a lot of underground structures up there...it just makes sense with the geography and geology.

Can't prove anything, but I sort of think there are some secret underground bases up there.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

Man I wish I had 2 million dollars to buy that Missile Silo Bunker.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by pheonix358
Try www.abovetopsecret.com...

P

What would be the point of that? None of these bunkers are mentioned there.

This is actually a response, sort of a different take on that thread showing that there are bunkers that are not so much a secret. They are fairly well known and hardly hidden. I imagine some ARE hidden but these are some fairly in your face examples of underground shelters.

edit on 26-11-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Want all of them but not the one underwater, no way could I sleep in that lol.
I saw one a year or so in Canada for 1.5 million with it's own airstrip and 2500 acres of land in the middle of nowhere.
Oh well better go and buy a lotto ticket if I want to buy one.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
S&F

Well put together thread

Even though I was aware of these " bunkers " especially the server rooms in Sweden.

Have you heard about the seed vault?

World seed vault

SS
edit on 063030p://pm3032 by Spike Spiegle because: the spells!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. S&F
I just can't believe that they haven't changed the wallpaper at the Greenbrier yet. I told them to do that six weeks ago!!! I'll claw my eyes out if I have to ride out the apocalypse looking at that yellow pipe nightmare.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Ok, so are the two hotels already booked for Dec 21st?

Can't say I would want to spend the end in a hotel with a buch of strangers!!!

And I'm with boy, no way could I be under all that water!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
WOW.. How would you like to buy some land and then find out there was a huge underground bunker attached to it.

I'd LOVE that.They could live in the bunker and rent out the house. Parties? Yeah, plenty of space. Tour groups? You got it.

Then when you sold that land you could sell it for tons more than you paid for it. The winning just dont stop with this investment.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Yeah but I've never seen what it looked like but I have heard of the World Seed Vault. Heirlooms of everything we are letting Monsanto corrupt now. It's like the Noah's Ark of plants. lol If that pic is it - it's not what I pictured at all though thanks for sharing the photo.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Now we know where to hide on the 21st! Anyways, I found a list which could be useful. It contains all of the nuclear bunkers during the cold war period:

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArbiterOfTheiPhones

Now we know where to hide on the 21st! Anyways, I found a list which could be useful. It contains all of the nuclear bunkers during the cold war period:

Cool. Thanks! This was ominous....

Warning
Few of these sites are open to the public. Attempting to gain unauthorised access is trespass. Often it is very dangerous too: on more than one occasion people have died in the process. If you attempt to enter a defence related site, even an apparently unused one, you should expect an unpleasant encounter with military police.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Great find! Those are some pretty incredible bunkers. Even in the prepper community the uber-rich clown on the peasants!

S&F

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:35 PM
link   
I have a stupid question. It's my specialty after all.

If you're down in a deep sea redoubt or even a shallow water hidey hole like is pictured.....just how much over pressure are those designed to take exactly? I mean, these are all being built with the idea of cataclysmic forces briefly coming to rules across the surface of the planet, making topside life a very unlikely thing to see work out, at least for a time right? Whether they are correct is secondary. They think so....but it seems it's missing a big consideration?

Well... Cataclysmic change might very well bring fluctuation in things like pressure, right? Water doesn't compress, so if air pressure rises for whatever unforeseen forces everyone is spending obscene amounts to protect against.....what happens to the facilities beneath that incompressible water when it also briefly transmits pressure variations? That'll be a hell of a way to test the Lowest Bidder approach to construction, eh?

Look out for that craaaaaaaac...splash! Err.. nvm.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   

OMG! Just the other day, when I was fantasizing about winning that $550 million Powerball, I was planning how I would build my bedroom....and that picture was almost exactly how I saw it in my head....I mean the under water picture you posted of that bedroom. How cool to know it isn't just possible but it exists!
I must have seen that picture before and my brain just remembered it for me.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
I have a stupid question. It's my specialty after all.

If you're down in a deep sea redoubt or even a shallow water hidey hole like is pictured.....just how much over pressure are those designed to take exactly? I mean, these are all being built with the idea of cataclysmic forces briefly coming to rules across the surface of the planet, making topside life a very unlikely thing to see work out, at least for a time right? Whether they are correct is secondary. They think so....but it seems it's missing a big consideration?

Well... Cataclysmic change might very well bring fluctuation in things like pressure, right? Water doesn't compress, so if air pressure rises for whatever unforeseen forces everyone is spending obscene amounts to protect against.....what happens to the facilities beneath that incompressible water when it also briefly transmits pressure variations? That'll be a hell of a way to test the Lowest Bidder approach to construction, eh?

Look out for that craaaaaaaac...splash! Err.. nvm.

If all this means you're afraid they'll be crushed - me too!

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Point taken...

(Hops off to look up succinct in the dictionary and refresh memory,,,,) I suppose I ought to try to be more often, huh?

(...and If get a ton of stars on this, I'll yell, hop around and throw carrots everywhere
)

posted on Dec, 13 2021 @ 11:52 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

top topics

join