It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI Asked MegaUpload To Retain Illegal Download Records, then Prosecutes For Having Them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I cant help but think about the story of the scorpion and the fox crossing the river. 1 guy is trying to help out by cooperating with authorities just to get busted himself. Sounds like a typical 911 call in the US.

Kim Dotcom says he is about to go on the offensive, after the news that some of the files prosecutors allege Megaupload.com knew were pirated and did not remove were only present because courts had asked they be retained to assist another investigation

TheRegister.Co.UK

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
The blow back is going to hurt law enforcement really bad. They have little real evidence and now need to manufacture some. The next time LEO wants data they are likely to be told, so sorry, it was deleted just as we got your request.

They just don't get it.

I wonder if SOny gets it now. Blow back is a bitch. Look at Sony's bottom line.

P

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
What I don't get is, they took Dotcom's cars etc. and then they sold the cars????
He hasn't been convicted of anything yet, so what gives them the right to sell his cars??
Right now he is trying to get his allowance put up to $40,000 per month

www.nzherald.co.nz....
"Mona Dotcom has sought a payment of $20,300 a month to cover the cost of butlers, nannies, a personal assistant and a chef.

The extra cash would come from the seized fortune of husband Kim Dotcom - money seized when he was arrested at the request of the FBI on charges of criminal copyright violation.

It would see the couple's monthly budget increase to $40,000 - a sum which lawyers acting for the police described as "incredibly extravagant"...." more at the link.

new topics

join