It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jamie Foxx: 'Our Lord and Savior Barack Obama'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well, you wonder why some are saying Barry is the anti-christ. I was hoping it was sarcasm, but BET used it as a promo as well. I've never held anything against a person over their skin color. Blood and soul is all the same. We will answer to God equally for what we've done. This guy is going to kill this country and his skin color has nothing to do with it. He is using it to bolster support that he never would be able to get otherwise. Had it not been for the gov's wisdom 80 yrs ago or more when all cultures had an 86%+ rate of 2 parent households, there wouldn't be such a cultural phobia where there used to be an Andy Griffith show atmosphere. I'm half native cherokee half scot-irish. With exception to how dark my eyes are, I look lightly tanned white guy. I have more black friends than white. There is no anomosity between any of us. Everyone knows the kind of person I am. I'll spit in a racists face, black, white, red or blue. God made us the way He wanted us. I cannot get mad at God for making someone with a different skin color and justify it with a small lick of sense. Sorry I strayed there.

Oscar-winning actor Jamie Foxx recently called Barack Obama "our lord and savior."

This occurred at the previously recorded Soul Train Awards broadcast on BET Sunday (video follows with transcript and commentary)

News Busters

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
OK. So Jamie Fox is an idiot. Case closed. Haha

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

I'm half native cherokee half scot-irish.

And 100% bad at math.

It was a stupid thing for Foxx to say. At the same time, I can completely understand why black people are so excited to have a black president. It wasn't too many years ago that someone with the wrong skin color wasn't considered a person. Now the president of the most powerful country on Earth is black (ish). I get it.

I like to let others slide a little bit if I think they were well intentioned, with the hope that when I blather some nonsense that seems offensive they'll go ahead and assume I meant the best too.

My ability to be outraged has really diminished the older I get.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GoldenRuled

First off...I didn't see or hear Jamie Fox say those words so I do not know the context...but,

a celeb can not joke or say something "weird" without being crucified or being debated in some way.

Why just not laugh or smile at such remarks and leave it be, there are worse things to worry about.
edit on 26/11/2012 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
These guys are PAID to infect memes such as the CEO of the Corporation of USA is a 'Lord' ie. Government is God now, ergo We must worship the gov't. Jami Foxx is not George Carlin or Bill Hicks- he is a shill for the NWO, a synthetic celebrity to promote agenda and dare not speak Truth, just like Samuel Jackson. In the All being of things, these people are useless, they have never nor will ever promote Truth Justice or Morality. For example, this creepy video with Ron Howard:

edit on 26-11-2012 by Baguul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I was bewildered at the fact Jamie yelled "OUR LORD AND SAVIOR BARACK OBAMA" without sarcasm in his voice.

He's gone full retard.

"LORD"? What gave Obama the right to be called lord? He certainly hasn't done any tremendous amount of good in the past 4 years.

"SAVIOR"? America's economy has not been saved.

GOD should smite him.
edit on 11/26/12 by Philosorapter because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/26/12 by Philosorapter because: A word had to be assimilated.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think there was a little too much Scotch in there too...I'm not talking about the nationality either.

-
Bah doom tsss
edit on 26-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Wow! c
I thought this would be hyperbole or a misunderstanding of context or phrasing.
Nope.
He says: "Let's give a shout out to God...(pauses) and to our lord and savior Barack Obama.
He meant that _ _ _ _.
He can join the cocoa puffs bird in the latex foam lounge.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Wow! I'm totally amazed at the omission by some ATS'ers of BET using the remark in a promo. A man's skin color shouldn't effect anyone's concept of right or wrong.
edit on 26-11-2012 by GoldenRuled because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow...Jamie Foxx needs to think about what he says before he opens his mouth. Especially since there are so many celebrity obsessed people that take everything these idiots say seriously.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
It's called a joke.

Put down the bible and pick up a sense of humor.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trustfund
It's called a joke.

Still with that?

When people tell a joke people are suppose to laugh not cheer.

And let the spin continue.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Jamie Foxx: Conservatives Don't Take Jokes Well

Republicans don't take jokes well. I've performed for George W. Bush and all these guys 'cause I'm from Texas. I did a big thing at the Cowboys' new stadium. You got Bush there, I'm cracking jokes, and I said, "Come on, man, you gotta lighten up." They don't take it well because all jokes have a layer of truth.

www.breitbart.com...

lol, he couldn't be anymore right.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
It's Just a Joke you Sad-Sacks - Lighten Up

Jamie "FOX is Fair and Balanced"

edit on 26-11-2012 by Pedro4077 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If I made the same type of joke in front of a Ron Paul rally the crowds reaction would be the same.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeneralMishka
reply to post by neo96

I think there was an interesting ATS thread awhile back on Baraq being a clone of a Pharoah. Far fetched I know

Akhenaten. Freeman has some interesting opinions on the Obamas being clones, far fetched sure, but I'd be shocked if there weren't some type of secret cloning programs going on. And when you combine it with some of the theories on who the Egyptian pharaohs really were, it does make for an entertaining story if nothing else.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   

It's called a joke.

Oh, is that what it was? A joke!

ROTFLMAO! That is sooooo funny!

The crowd didnt seem to get that little funny since none of them were laughing.

Maybe he should try his hand at something else.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

All jokes "have a layer of truth" eh

Here is the difference cheers versus laughter wonder how well "some" are going to take those "jokes".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
What? If it was a joke, I didn't get it. And Barack wouldn't be hugging Jamie if it was.

Jamie Foxx spiritual shoutout to barack obama

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Jamie Foxx: Conservatives Don't Take Jokes Well

Republicans don't take jokes well. I've performed for George W. Bush and all these guys 'cause I'm from Texas. I did a big thing at the Cowboys' new stadium. You got Bush there, I'm cracking jokes, and I said, "Come on, man, you gotta lighten up." They don't take it well because all jokes have a layer of truth.

www.breitbart.com...

lol, he couldn't be anymore right.

Yeah, can you believe those people actually take things going on in this world seriously?

lol

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join