It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican mayor beaten to death

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Hello all

Had to sleep and rest up.

Anyway...

Yes I do think she was a " woman warrior " of the kind the only comes around once in a generation.

woman warrior

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I would say taking away the access to military grade firearms would help qwell the violence
reply to post by SloAnPainful

I would just like to point out that the Mayor was stabbed and burned. Her murderers not having a military grade firearm meant diddley squat for her end.

Take away they guns, they will use a knife. Criminals are pretty resourceful and extremely adaptable.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by SloAnPainful

animals would be my preferred term to describe them.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

Agreed. That was more a look at the solution as a whole. In this case though it wouldn't have helped.

Unless of course she had a gun to use in self defense, then I am sure their guns would have came out. She also made it out alive of two assassination attempts, both involving firearms.

But in this case you are correct.

-SAP-

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
Here's some more info about people getting killed over the drug war in Mexico.

(CNN) -- A Mexican beauty queen was killed during a weekend shootout in Sinaloa, a northern state known for drug-fueled violence, authorities said Monday.

Maria Susana Flores Gamez, 20, was the 2012 Woman of Sinaloa. She was killed Saturday in a gun battle between military troops and suspected criminals in the municipality of Mocorito. Two others were also killed.

Sinaloa State Attorney General Marco Antonio Higuera said a rifle was found near the beauty queen's body, but it was not clear whether she had fired it. It was also not clear who shot her.

Source

This woman is very good looking as well. It is sad that this keeps happening. I have said it once and I will say it again, something needs to be done. I wish I had the answers.

ETA: Not sure if she was the target, but two women attacked and killed. These guys are cowards.
-SAP-

The video is only a few months old. She is a stunning beauty - how did she wind up with these animals???

edit on 27-11-2012 by Gregorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregorian

Thank you for posting the video, she was truly beautiful.....

In mind, body and soul......

RIP

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SloAnPainful
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Sick bastards. This drug cartel crap has to stop.

What goes wrong in your life that you beat, stab and burn someone in front of their child? In my opinion it goes to show you that this has got way out of control since the crackdown, and honestly its not getting better.

The cartels get more money, thus more guns, thus more power. Some of these cartels have more power then the Mexican government.

Sad story. Makes me sick.

ETA: This map should show you how many cartels there are and what they control. To me it says there is no safe zone in Mexico...

-SAP-

edit on 26-11-2012 by SloAnPainful because: (no reason given)

She was only abducted in front of her child. Geez I'm beginning to think that people on this site probably do more harm than good out pure incompetence,spreading conjecture, bad information, and just plain mixing up facts.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Some people just simply don't give a #, they'll stand for righteousness in a world of darkness. The failed realization here is that when these flames are extinguished they don't simply fade to nothing, they explode into a cultural shockwave that reverberates through society. Any other day some particular person might just shy away from the slightest trouble... now, today that person will also stand... and then another, and another, another and so on. Where there once was one good person now there are many.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

She was ONLY abducted in front of her child?!

This would scar a child (or grown person) for life to watch someone they love be torn away from them, with no explanation, in an act of terror.

Unreal. Shakes head and walks away.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Well said, well said.

I for one, hope this breeze will turn into a hurricane, like a flap from the wings of a butterfly....

People are becoming more and more aware of people like Maria, people who stand against the forces of darkness no matter the consequences....

SS

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
There have been some good comments in this thread, and there has been some idiotic ones, but aside from the obvious, there's still THIS - www.cnn.com...

Just four days before his inauguration, Mexican President-elect Enrique Pena Nieto will meet with U.S. President Barack Obama on Tuesday. And he says he wants to reshuffle the list of priorities the United States and Mexico share.

I.E.- We want some more money

"It is a mistake to limit our bilateral relationship to drugs and security concerns," the president-elect wrote in an editorial published by the Washington Post on Friday. "Our mutual interests are too vast and complex to be restricted in this short-sighted way."

Yeah, like the cartels wouldn't come over the border and act out like ruthless killers in the U.S. if we let our guard down.

"The image of the country is very negative. There is a perception that we are corrupt and drug associates. This is a result of accumulated neglect," he said. Pena Nieto "is inheriting a neglected relationship."

Ah, yes, this is all OUR fault, correct???

Political analyst Gabriel Guerra said Pena Nieto's government should push to have a greater influence on affairs within the United States, convincing U.S. officials that Mexicans are "important and relevant."

Relevant to what? The Latino/Hispanic vote? I'm certainly no racist, and I'm personally very pluralistically-minded, but these cats have to get their fricking priorities straight.
For example,

"Perhaps the most important issue is finding new ways to bolster our economic and trade relationship to attain common prosperity in our nations," Pena Nieto wrote last week, noting the potential for more trade, manufacturing deals and energy investment.

Like, yeah, let's pump billions more into a corrupt government/political system....yeah, that will help. They've done such a great job on their own so far, right?

Maria Santos Gorrostieta was / is a Hero. She was bold and brave, and she refused to be intimidated. She paid the highest price possible for her beliefs and principles.

Any coward can hide behind a computer and an avatar and spew hate and rhetoric.

Any [snip] can pull a trigger.

And only a Hero can stand up to uncivilized bullies and manifest their truth through the way they live, with courage and good intention.

edit on 27-11-2012 by moonzoo7 because: typo

edit on 27-11-2012 by moonzoo7 because: typo

edit on 27-11-2012 by moonzoo7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-11-2012 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Charmeine

I wasn't saying it like it wasn't a big deal. I was simply pointing out the fact that she was not beaten, stabbed, or burned in front of her kid like the moron I quoted said. You obviously did not read the quote to see where I was coming from.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by stopbeingnaive

Sorry if I misread it then. I just feel for these people who have to live in terror from gangs and drugs. Must be horrific for them - and the children.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

Actually your logic is complete fail.

1) You cannot commit a crime against yourself. (Except, say, suicide.)
2) The illegality is what keeps the prices up, hence making the cartels more brutal for dominion/territory/control
3) Why is it that kids like to drink alcohol and think it's cool? Because under the age of 21 it is illegal, adding an allure to it, or "cool" factor. Take away the cool factor and you can treat the problem. You control freaks wouldn't know logic if it stole your mini-van while you were mowing your front lawn.
edit on 11/27/2012 by smarterthanyou because: This post may have violated T&C but I had to make the point. Why not try something else for a change?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Its sad to think that if Mexico had oil, we would be there to help em out. We should have pulled out of the middle east along time ago and helped Mexico establish order.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1plusXisto7billion
Its sad to think that if Mexico had oil, we would be there to help em out. We should have pulled out of the middle east along time ago and helped Mexico establish order.

I don't get it --- Mexico is an oil rich nation -- right?

There's still plenty of untapped oil in Mexico, but PEMEX needs new technology to get at oilfields that are hard to access, and they need our technology to get to it.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:34 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join