It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"OMG; They're reading my e-mai!": How the media inflames privacy panic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Good post. I for one am with you ,definately not reassured.

George Orwell imagined a state controlled everything, but even he could not have invisioned the tools and the lengths they take to know the "average person's business" and we keep re-electing these people. It's like out of say 250 million people (guestimate on what would be age appropriate for these seats) we can't find any better then all these career politicians? Amazing isn't if you think about it, and sad.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I believe that no form of comms on the planet is without scrutiny these days(except meeting some one outdoors for a private conversation maybe).I for one,do not care.Ive used "trigger words" in personal emails to my bestfriend and other friends-but if say,the NSA had to read that,it would soon become obvious that im discussing info freely available on the net.Im not doing anything wrong,so they can't pull me in for discussing publicly available info.In any case,some people are practically born "a person of interest",there's those who have tagged all their lives.If they read my emails,good luck to them, along with some unusual+interesting observations on happenings in the metaphysical world,they're getting some damn fine recipes and a lot of giggles,im sure.I wont allow the fact that hostile eyes are watching every word,to stop me from sharing with my friends,if i see fit to do so.Its my life-they want to listen to/look at every detail of it-go right ahead.We're all adults here.I cannot stop them,and as long as i threaten no one,they cannot stop me. Just one of those "It Is What It Is" things.Though i can see,of course, how it would make a great many people uncomfortable to know their comms are not private.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Yah absolutely nothing to worry about

Because they are already doing it duh, we're not building a multi billion dollar server farm for looks lol. IM pretty sure not all 300 + million Americans are criminals, so why the need for a server farm that's going to store everyone information so they can build a 10, 20, 30 , 40 ect year profile of you, friends, and family of your entire online activities, sorry I don't want any part of that.

Personally IM probably just going to opt out of my phone service when contract is up, well rather smart phone service, why pay an extra 400- 800 plus a year when other people get to use my phone for free? heh. Not to mention now they are making it easier for authorities to just hack your phone if you are in their custody they even have a device that jailbreaks your phone so they can download contents. Why carry something around that could potentially end you up in jail, like having naked pics of your kids bathing or something. If it wasn't for online gaming id probably get rid of that connection as well and just use work or cafe to surf the web

Let alone the tracking capabilities, yay hundreds of dollars extra a year so I can be tracked. That's why they added presidential emergency alerts to everyone phone, because it automatically flips gps tracking on when it turned on. I didn't receive one alert during the whole hurricane, the earth quake, natural gas explosion, or numerous other things in my area, so why do we have it? So we can tell everyone Marshall law is now in effect, or so when they need to find someone of interest they can just flip the alert on and bam! There they are on the radar again .^^

with all the new toys and powers they have, why play their game, opt out of the game and watch them lose funding and jobs ^^, I like that game better. no emails, phones or computers for them to spy on, no need for multi billion dollar server farms.^^

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by elouina

It will add a +1 to the difficulty but it wont stop an agency with capability to get what you are trying to hide. Unless your mail server is in a non controlled US territory that is. Then it might be a plus 2 difficulty... just saying. They invented IP/TCP. You think it is safe?.
edit on 11/28/2012 by staple because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join