It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-filling waterbottle announced!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

what if in the event this invention becomes the norm?
If it was used widely,we do not know what effects it could have on the environment

also does anyone know if this invention passively takes water out of the air,or does it need to be activated?as with a switch or button?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
TPTB Must stop this!!!

free water? no way.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ArtOfTrance

If everyone had one then other water sources would be less depleted resulting in more evaporation and if you drink liquids your body purges it by sweat or urinating so it would have no effect or a positive effect.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Wow, I'm surprised at how many people here don't understand the hydrological cycle.

We've been drinking the same 4 billion year old water since our inception. But suddenly a bunch of water bottles is going to make that all disappear ?!

Oy vay...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
reply to post by jimmiec

also does anyone know if this invention passively takes water out of the air,or does it need to be activated?as with a switch or button?

It's explained in the source article. Try reading it and see if that helps.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
This is a new era of self-reliance and preparedness. Combine this hopefully-soon-to-be-released product with the BioLite Camping Stove, which uses an open flame to cook food or boil water, while harnessing the flames output to charge pretty mush anything with a USB input simultaneously, and even a dark future looks a bit brighter. I'm excited.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Over time this could actually be coupled with protein additives and help significantly with food shortages. Over greater time we could evolve to more of a liquid diet and further lower our dependence on food. This could be the greatest thing since sliced bread.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
No need to stop your water powered car anymore

Cool stuff

edit on 27/11/2012 by PapagiorgioCZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Sorry guys....Already done....

www.news.com.au...

These guys are behind the times.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
reply to post by pheonix358

And then you get all the chemicals in your water from the air instead.
Sounds like a logical trade.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by daaskapital

I am looking it differently than you.
If everyone had one and pulled the water out of the air,would we have less rain and more drought??

To every action,there is a reaction.

Also,if it creates condensation from air I think thats good,if it takes water from the air than I think that is bad.
I am thinking creating condensation is how this works but I only skimmed the article.
edit on 26-11-2012 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

Evaporation would counter it no?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
i can't believe nobody said about that guy who took all those other guys for a long walkabout.

M to the O to the S to the E to the S

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:04 AM
link   

If everyone had one and pulled the water out of the air,would we have less rain and more drought??

Also,if it creates condensation from air I think thats good,if it takes water from the air than I think that is bad.
I am thinking creating condensation is how this works but I only skimmed the article.

Not a problem the water will go back into the environment within hours think about it...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by samkent
Boring.
Now wake me when they make a self filling beer bottle.
That's something I'll pay for.

It wont be boring when TPTB decide to tax the hell out of available water someday and make it a rare commodity and you're SOL unless you pay the piper.Don't think that's coming?Watch Jesse Ventura's episode about the water conspiracy.
I know this is thought of as mainly a conspiracy site,and I believe in certain conspiracies but I don't often come on here proclaiming "CONSPIRACY!" every other day.According to Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs,we all need five basic things to sustain life:Food,hydration,oxygen,sleep and freedom from pain.
Also--water figures quite prominently into many industries and one day water will be more precious than all the gold and jewels in the world.
Just saying.
Now,I second the self-filling beer bottle!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArtOfTrance
if this water bottle is successful I feel it should only be used in emergency kits...like in case of emergency where water can not be accessed.

It should not be used as the "new trendy way to drink water" as another member stated,mass use of this tool could have devastating effects on Earth for all we know.

but as a emergency tool,this would be a epic for survival

No, you're wrong, quite frankly.

Even if every Human on the Earth had one of these it would not change anything in relation to the water particles in the atmosphere. There is plenty to go around.

It amazes me how many members here jump into a scientific thread like this and just don't understand the basic science behind the environment we live in. It makes me wonder about the education standards in the US, seriously it's concerning!

Suggesting this would have ramifications on our environment is like saying another person breathing oxygen would affect the amount of air we all have. It's nonsense.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Not a problem the water will go back into the environment within hours think about it...

Thank you for stating the common sense response that everyone else was kind of skirting around! lol

Water is like energy, it's in a constant state of motion through the chain of existence. It doesn't go anywhere. It changes form and is recycled through the entire system of life and takes billions upon billions of years to do so.

There is so much water on this planet that suggesting this little invention could damage things is like saying storing water in any way will damage the Earth. This is no different to every toilet on the planet having a cistern full of water, has that harmed our Earth?

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Great, because the world isn't already facing over population problems.

We need to expand past this planet before coming up with ways to increase our survival capabilities.
When # goes to #, and their are 20 billion mouths to feed, we'll have things like this to thank. I doubt it would see the light of day any time soon.

Great idea, we just need to be careful about how easy we make it for everyone to thrive on this planet. Maybe a future in providing water for settlers of another planet? Clear military applications.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

We have this already. It's called a battery operated dehumidifier. I have a small one that fits in a shoebox. Gets about a gallon of water hour depending on the area…

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by vpjanitorial

but this one is in new clothes me likey the diamonds.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by CranialSponge
Wow, I'm surprised at how many people here don't understand the hydrological cycle.

We've been drinking the same 4 billion year old water since our inception. But suddenly a bunch of water bottles is going to make that all disappear ?!

Oy vay...

Exactly! And the cycle continues when I go pee this water back into the yard!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join