It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012, Depression, and Honesty.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Catastrophic changes on the level of worldwide disaster are not needed to better one self, nor should the hope of be used to excuse complacency or self defeatedness.

If you're having problems with your life and outlook, you are not going to be able to make much more sense of things in 2013 in comparison to 19XX-2012 unless you put it upon yourself to do what you need to do to be who you envision yourself in the place you know you deserve.

There will be no universe encompassing magical event to make people understand and see what is the true you in fantasy, nor is life going to become globablly easier at the snap of some pixie-dust resined fingertips, let alone for your respective little personal situation.

Depression and other personal issues of imbalance can not be handed off to the next nearest prophecy of doom or the newest theory of imminent annhilation if you hope of ever finding this ascension or enlightenment you speak of and claim to "feel".

All you're feeling is the lack of satisfaction and contention within your current situation that has now found itself creedance due to a large number of similarly sad folks sharing in on all the "visions" and "predictions" and "prophecies" and "projections" and such.

What you are feeling is the desperation of wanting all your problems fixed for you at once with no effort on your part, mixed with the temporary false hope that others like you have swallowed and vomited into a pile to keep yourselves fed.

If you desire more, commit yourself to self betterment relevent to where you are lacking. Or you can stay inside and medidate and get real strong in your dreams and thoughts. If you put all your eggs in a basket that exists in ideas of a plane seperate yet related from the one we are currently in or another dimension we can't see or perceive but can monumentally effect us....then I don't believe you deserve an omelette anyways.

Be honest and take responsibility with your life. Be the best you that you can possibly be. Most people are not so fortunate to be consumed by passing threats of a fictional nature.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LizardSlicks

Or leave the system totally and let it die out like it deserves and create something new without politicians and the rich telling you the rules you should live under. The people is the change we have been waiting for. And do not be to sure that we will not have another weird people movement like when the Berlin wall fell. Sometimes humans get feed up and act in unison and when change comes and it is ready it will not be stopped.
edit on 26-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Does wanting to hurl every time you hear or read the word ascension count? Also, its very depressing being back at work after four days off. If I thought for a minute that the world was ending next month, I would've stayed home and slept in today.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Yes, that is the real kind of change that must be focused on. It starts at a personal level, then once you've found yourself good and healthy you'll see you're in a position to help another, and so on. It takes a seemingly impossible amount of dedication and commitment on a worldwide level to reach a point of global changes, but even if we don't get there yet, I'm sure everyone can help their neighbor or community in some way!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by britelite1971

That's the kind of self defeating outlook that many find acceptable to adopt under the guise of "2012". Good for you for getting on to work and continuing being your full self, in light of this responsibility dismissing, reality twisting "event". You will be rewarded by surviving December and seeing January, where you will enjoy a total of 8 weekend oppurtunities to sleep to your healthy hearts content.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   

So true.

I wonder how many folks have been just going mad with spending or any form of financial suicide.

Or just living their day to day with the hopes that it wont last much longer.

In the hopes that the world will end on December 21th......

My guess is millions of not billions.

SS

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   

So.... are you a professional shrink or do you just pretend to be one online?

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Well said and true.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Or leave the system totally and let it die out like it deserves and create something new without politicians and the rich telling you the rules you should live under. The people is the change we have been waiting for. And do not be to sure that we will not have another weird people movement like when the Berlin wall fell. Sometimes humans get feed up and act in unison and when change comes and it is ready it will not be stopped.
edit on 26-11-2012 by LittleByLittle because: Spellchecking

Just move to canada, that equates to about the same.

No offense to the beautiful canadian country and their awesome people of course.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Aww it's you 'stoner. Are you lost little boy? Do you really puff puff or are you inherently too worthless to get off the couch and learn things in the real world yourself? The only thing I shrink is the swelled up opinions of those that have an inflated sense of self worth and wisdom. Since you can't even pretend to have either, my effect would only announce itself in the physical with the shrinkage of your pride and courage.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The only thing I shrink is the swelled up opinions of those that have an inflated sense of self worth and wisdom.

I'll bet that gives you self worth and a sense of wisdom, huh.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

My self worth is not extracted from this website. I do feel that as part of this community if I feel like I have a good perspective or insight to add into something based upon where I've been and what I've done, for the purpose of denying ignorance, I will certainly let it be heard.

And what is it that you want?
Am I fool that can be taught a lesson by you?
Please, please me.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

And what is it that you want?

All I want is a sprawling ranch style new energy efficient home on a large acreage plot of land, and a brand new jeep. Well, I would even more, want a massively large lottery win so I could have those. It's all I want. Thats all. Otherwise, I'm still reasonably happy........ because I'm not young anymore. Such angst, then.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
People have to start living within their means. Needs take preference over wants. It's all the things that we buy that we do not really need that cause us hardship. Do you need that extravagant home or apartment to survive. Is that prestigious neighborhood worth the cost? Do you need a hundred eighty channels to choose from on the tv? Banks didn't make this any easier on us, letting us spend way more than we earned and allowing us to buy things we do not need or have not worked for so we appreciate them.

We are loosing sight of the good in the world chasing the almighty buck to pay our debts. The Big corporations love this, it makes us dependant on them to keep the money flowing. After a while spending money we do not have seems natural and becomes the norm. The government needs a strong Economy so they will do things to protect this flawed philosophy. They see what they know and do not want to admit that there chosen system is not reality.

So what do we do? Quit buying things we do not really need. If you think you need something, contemplate on it and see if it is just a desire. Do you need a new and better phone or unlimited data? Can't you just go to the coffee shop and see who's around? Maybe you will make a new friend and find that there is more to life than you think there is. Everybody needs to look around and see what is happening. There is no need to get depressed, a mistake is only a mistake if you did not learn from it. Set your path in the right direction and avoid the direction that you have been going in. Let the depression be transferred from you to those who will lose by your change of lifestyle. Start paying off your debt instead of making new debt. You will be surprised how good this feels and your health may improve if you start cooking at home with old recipes. We need to be busy, find a hobby in growing and cooking food or walking on a nature trail. sit by the lake with a fishing pole, who cares if there is no fish in it. soon when others see the change in you they will be sitting next to you fishing in that fishless lake and the DNR will come around and plant some fish for you.

Enjoy life, you don't need money to be happy, you do not need a new car either. Energy likes to be busy, it doesn't have to be expensive to have fun.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Eedjee

LOL, you and me both. This slum apartment in the middle of narcotic central and the loppy creaking corolla are barely standing up to the winter. And the angst.........tell me the truth now, does it ever really go away completely? *sighhhRAWRRRRGGHHH*

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by LizardSlicks

Aww it's you 'stoner. Are you lost little boy? Do you really puff puff or are you inherently too worthless to get off the couch and learn things in the real world yourself? The only thing I shrink is the swelled up opinions of those that have an inflated sense of self worth and wisdom. Since you can't even pretend to have either, my effect would only announce itself in the physical with the shrinkage of your pride and courage.

Too easy to get you to display your true colors my friend.

Do you feel manipulated?

Nobody is buying your BS buddy....
edit on 13-2-2013 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

You speak the truth, rickymouse. Your posts are valuable because you take the time out to get it out here for all of us; anyone who cares. Thank you for being here.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

My true colors being? All I displayed is disdain for you based upon you have nothing to add but still wanting to pop your little head in.

Do you feel clever? I hope you do, someone who responds to threads three months later with a childishly unprovoked "are you a shrink, or do you just pretend to be one online?" most likely leads a less than satisfactory existence.

You can be who and what you want to be, blarney! All you have to do is keep a clear mind and your eyes open.
Eventually you will forget why you were ever so bitter to begin with.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

For me, at nearing 54, my angsts have completely gone away, from being near suicidal in my late 20's-to-early 40's. And oddly, I don't have much. A cat, a lousy apartment, no romantic relationship (talk about --angst-- eegods,) but my reactions are mostly laughter, instead of offense, or whatever. (That -might- be creeping dementia, but I hope not:lol

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eedjee

For me, at nearing 54, my angsts have completely gone away, from being near suicidal in my late 20's-to-early 40's. And oddly, I don't have much. A cat, a lousy apartment, no romantic relationship (talk about --angst-- eegods,) but my reactions are mostly laughter, instead of offense, or whatever. (That -might- be creeping dementia, but I hope not:lol

Actually, doesn't dementia sound like it could be fun
Escape reality

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join