It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bright red light over london - 17:00 - 17:30 26 November 2012

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
reply to post by neil wilkes

imageshack.us...

Holy Infestation Batman! I had that said to me with a few of my interesting orb and "faces/shapes" backyard photos at night.

Only you see that unity only you!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by scrog77
What direction were you looking in ? It could be Jupiter rising, it's really bright in the sky at the moment.

Very possible. East South-east and the fact it disappeared later could simply have been clouds moving in to obscure it.
To the OP: Try going out around the same time for the next few nights and see if you see the same thing if it's clear
An interesting anecdote, not intended to reflect on the OP:
In fact a few nights ago I was outside with a neighbor and she pointed it out and said something like "Wow, what the Hell is that?!" Being an amateur observer I told her it was Jupiter. She was arguing that it couldn't be because she had never seen it before. It ended up being a 10 minute conversation with me explaining about stars being stationary and planets orbiting the Sun. She still wanted to "Call the airport or something." 80

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by synchronomy

What direction were you looking in ? It could be Jupiter rising, it's really bright in the sky at the moment.

Very possible. East South-east and the fact it disappeared later could simply have been clouds moving in to obscure it.
To the OP: Try going out around the same time for the next few nights and see if you see the same thing if it's clear
In fact a few nights ago I was outside with a neighbor and she pointed it out and said something like "Wow, what the Hell is that?!" Being an amateur observer I told her it was Jupiter. She was arguing that it couldn't be because she had never seen it before. It ended up being a 10 minute conversation with me explaining about stars being stationary and planets orbiting the Sun. She still wanted to "Call the airport or something." 80

It is definitely not Jupiter - I know full well what Jupiter looks like and exactly where it is in relation to this light. Jupiter is also a very different colour & size. (I am quite a keen amateur astronomer)

As it happens, I did watch for a couple more nights & saw it again last week. I now know what it is too.
I took a compass reading, and followed this to the local Green, where bang on line is a tall crane rebuilding one of the local dives - from my viewing angle the crane body could not be seen - only the bright red light.

But it is mundane, and you do not get much more mundane than a builders crane warning light!!
edit on 11-12-2012 by neil wilkes because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by neil wilkes

Originally posted by synchronomy

It is definitely not Jupiter - I know full well what Jupiter looks like and exactly where it is in relation to this light. Jupiter is also a very different colour & size. (I am quite a keen amateur astronomer)

As it happens, I did watch for a couple more nights & saw it again last week. I now know what it is too.
I took a compass reading, and followed this to the local Green, where bang on line is a tall crane rebuilding one of the local dives - from my viewing angle the crane body could not be seen - only the bright red light.

But it is mundane, and you do not get much more mundane than a builders crane warning light!!
edit on 11-12-2012 by neil wilkes because: (no reason given)

Always good to come to a firm conclusion on these subjects. Thanks for the update. There is usually a mundane explanation but many people refuse to accept them. Glad you don't fall into that category!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
It is what it is, not what I might have liked it to have been.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join