It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emphasis on combating Evil, instead of promoting good

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
This thread is more of an observation I made and a question to those that practice religion more regularly then myself.

To preface, I am a non-practicing Catholic, though I do associate with a particular belief as I was raised in relation to it. I currently have many acquaintances and (older) relations that are heavily involved with religion, not necessarily Catholicism.

This past weekend I was visiting some relations and to be polite I agreed to attend some church services as well as some dinner, I believe they are some denomination of Christianity, perhaps United?.

I being relatively talkative, thought I would take advantage of the time to strike up some interesting and hopefully intellectual conversations with respect to religion, which I did manage.

However, an underlying theme I noticed with this particular branch of Christianity was this (new?) concern about combating the influence of the “dark ones”.

I had never known this particular religious denomination to emphasize the need to be aware and combat the forces of the “devil”, though the term devil was no exactly expressed and the promoting of good seemed to be taking a side seat to this crusade.

I found this in stark contrast to other previous experiences I have had speaking with religious individuals.

My question is: Is this a relatively new shift in ideology, or has this always been the case?

I ask this because with respect to some of the conversations I had this past weekend, it seems like some people believe that specific individuals, or groups of individuals on this planet are the spawn of evil and beyond repentance and must be “eliminated”. Eliminated is the only term I can use to describe their attitude on the subject.

Can anyone give me a better picture?

edit on 26-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Society may be taking hold on their minds and shaping their religious beliefs to match. What I mean is...they may be under the effect of what is ultimately a subconscious meme.

For example bullying is a hot topic these days with people "FIGHTING" for legislation to turn "hurtful" words into a criminal act. This is exactly as you described a choice and emphasis on combating the "bullying" issue by combating "evil" ones instead of promoting "good" and lifting up those who are bullied, that option sad to say is apparently less appealing.

The trend or psychological meme isn't limited to the context of bullying though...consider the concept of "preemptive" war and how that precedence was set in Iraq...and is trying to be continued into other areas of the globe...such as the Israel-Iran fiasco.

The emphasis socially lately has been that of "activism" we saw this with "Occupy" it took root and is infesting minds everywhere to take action and stop the things they don't like with their own Facebook crusade. The meme isn't restricted to the internet...it goes wherever your mind goes and a preemptive activist ideology is the current trending social meme.

The road to hell is paved with good intentions and whilst combating evil those who do so are doing so with good intent....meanwhile back at the bat-cave they are building their own prison cells thinking its for someone else...

the legislation-bills-laws-acts that have been passed under this brainwashing preemptive meme have been some of THE MOST oppressive in application.

anyway rant aside...I think the particular people you talked to are drinking the cool-aid and acting accordingly.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Sly1one

Thank you for your reply and your insight.

I think the particular people you talked to are drinking the cool-aid and acting accordingly.

I would agree with your conclusions. It seems that a certain level of conditioning has taken place.

The reason i noticed this was the all my experience with modern interpretations of religion growing up have been for the promotion of good and community development.

I say modern religion because we are all aware of the history of religion and its relation to conflict.

The phrase that i heard several times was: "We must be ever vigilant against evil" or "We must stop the damage of the dark ones".

Seems like quite a reversal to me.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

groups of individuals on this planet are the spawn of evil and beyond repentance and must be “eliminated”. Eliminated is the only term I can use to describe their attitude on the subject.

i assume the groups you relate to are the nephilim (demons in human form) ?

All of YHWH's mortal creatures, no matter how imperfect can be forgiven and written into the Book of Life.

What you have said is exactly what Satan says to the nephil spirits when their host bodies die.

He repeats what Enoch the Scribe was told by mentioning that all spirits that have tainted angelic DNA are damned to walk this world until Judgement Day.

He then lets them assume that they will never be forgiven and naturally they then do evil against those who are more human.

Imagine every spirit is like silver. At every refinement stage the spirit gets more pure and cleaner, hence all spirits, both human and nephilim can be forgiven filled with pure goodness.

Enoch's message was to the fallen Watchers whos natural habitation had been the heavens until they forsook it. He was telling them that they would not be allowed to return there since they had made their choice to incarnate here on Earth.

i once spoke the above to door2door Jehovahs Witnesses. They denied the existence of demons completely. i mentioned demons being forgiven after seeking forgiveness and they denied that completely. i then mentioned that YHWH has limitations in that He cannot forgive the nephilim. Everything went silent. i am sure i heard a pin drop.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Thank you for your reply.

i assume the groups you relate to are the nephilim (demons in human form) ?

I am confused by this statement, are you saying my relations are demons? or that is the "evil" they are referring to?.

If you mean the latter, then they seemed to be under the impression that these individuals had to be combatted.

Imagine every spirit is like silver. At every refinement stage the spirit gets more pure and cleaner, hence all spirits, both human and nephilim can be forgiven filled with pure goodness.

You outlook seems to be more in line with what i remember religious individuals promoting when i was younger. My concern is that some people have taken a very aggressive/negative stance towards other people they deem as "evil".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

However, an underlying theme I noticed with this particular branch of Christianity was this (new?) concern about combating the influence of the “dark ones”.

I had never known this particular religious denomination to emphasize the need to be aware and combat the forces of the “devil”, though the term devil was no exactly expressed and the promoting of good seemed to be taking a side seat to this crusade.

I found this in stark contrast to other previous experiences I have had speaking with religious individuals.

My question is: Is this a relatively new shift in ideology, or has this always been the case?

I ask this because with respect to some of the conversations I had this past weekend, it seems like some people believe that specific individuals, or groups of individuals on this planet are the spawn of evil and beyond repentance and must be “eliminated”. Eliminated is the only term I can use to describe their attitude on the subject.

Unfortunately you have used very vague wording to describe what you encountered. If you are Catholic you are acquainted with their mass. It is ritualistic, the same day in and day out. Very similar is the Anglican church here - services are set hymns, 5 minutes on scripture, more hymns, communion the out the door. Not an ounce of spirit to be found. Churchgoers have zero understanding of the day that we live in.

I've stated this because a Catholic or Anglican (for example) would be entirely lost in a Christian church or meeting which actually discusses scripture. "Eliminated" is your term as you stated above - so what was their words? Please give examples for someone to comment on. Even if you are a non-practicing Catholic, how is it that you have no understanding that there are those whose father is the devil as Jesus stated?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

Thank you for your reply and your insight

I am a non-practicing catholic and only attend a church service when needed (eg. Funeral, Marriage etc) The service focused on examination of scripture I would say, that drew many modern parallels.

It was not really the service that caught my attention, it was the attendees who did, as many of them joined us for the dinner.

I feel you really can get to know people over a good meal and some wine

I've stated this because a Catholic or Anglican (for example) would be entirely lost in a Christian church or meeting which actually discusses scripture.

Yes, I was quite lost and did not notice many similarities from my time in churches when I was younger.

"Eliminated" is your term as you stated above - so what was their words? Please give examples for someone to comment on.

They would say things such as; We must defend ourselves from those ally themselves with the dark ones and I believe “purge” was used. Though in what context I cannot be certain. Also, we must remove the influence of the “dark ones” was common.

Even if you are a non-practicing Catholic, how is it that you have no understanding that there are those whose father is the devil as Jesus stated?

I have a very basic understanding and what I can recall from the age before. None the less, my concern was in the change of mentality I had observed from say 15 years ago until now.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

To my understanding..

"Evil" is a distortion of The catalyst of your life here. You have been trained to believe that there is an Evil, and it wants to "get you". I was once convinced of this..

The catalyst has been implemented in your life for one reason, and one reason only. It is not there to force you to be that way/commit that act..it is there to give you the opportunity to choose. These "individuals" that you speak of are here for a purpose..and the meaning of that purpose is outside of my restriction..for the knowledge it requires may be unknown to you at this time.

Everyone's point of view is a distortion of what is, they have been distorted by the influences of other distorted minds.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by Rapha

are you saying my relations are demons? or that is the "evil" they are referring to?.

No.

Every human host body contains a spirit.

Initially both Adam and Eve were pure human spirits. During the days of the fallen watchers the human DNA bloodline became tainted with angel DNA.

Noah and his pure human blood line were saved during the Great Flood. Those humans with angelic DNA in their blood (the nephilim) perished. However, water and drowning cannot destroy an immortal spirit. Hence the spirits of the nephilim (nephil spirits) roamed this world from then on.

Now, all spirits know that Judgement Day approaches. If all pure humans are killed off before Judgement Day then that final day will not occur. This is what Satan wants. This is his grand plan with world war 3 as mentioned by Albert Pike where WW3 will be a war designed to massacre all christians in a war between christianity and islam. Look at the past 20 years in the middle-east for proof of this.

So, back to your question; a person with angelic DNA in their blood is a demon. But this doesn't mean that they are naturally evil. Far from it, every spirit can be forgiven whilst in a host body. All it takes is faith in Jesus Christ and they will be saved by the Spirit of Christ.

A demon is simply another word for nephil spirit, ghost, giant, djinn, negative entity, ancestral guardian.

Its the church, in its ignorance that has labeled spirits that cannot ascend to Heaven, as demonic and evil.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Rapha because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join