It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Christian Trinity a Conspiracy ?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by MrBigDave

I am interested to know your viewpoint on Jesus existence before and after his time on earth.

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 02:15 AM
link   
Religion is flawed because humans are flawed
and we use a flawed book to prove it to each other!

You ask of Trinity and it is so0o0o0 in your face and no one see's it -

The Buy~Bull constantly talks of three deitys whom ARE the Trinity
God - Jesus - Satan

Yeah, I said it..
..now, don't you have something better to do with your lives.

Somebody go commit an neccesary act of kindness

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Jay33

I am interested to know your viewpoint on Jesus existence before and after his time on earth.

Before his birth Jesus only exhisted in the loins and mind of God. After his ascension until now, he has been sitting at the literal right hand of God. There are several verses that support this.

When you read the scripture without any preconceived notions floating around in your brain you will come to same conclusion that I have. The problem is that most people look at it through a tainted view that was handed them by someone at somepoint in their life. Trinitarians as well as the "Jesus only" people do this. We are too busy proving what we have been taught that we don't read what it actually says.

I was raised in a "Jesus only" family, where Jesus is God and he alone sits on the throne. I have studied all of the arguments and found that each side made good points, but both interpret things in a twisted way to support their beliefs. "Scripture interprets scripture" and someone should be able to determine the nature of God by using scripture alone. When Stephen saw Jesus sitting on the right hand of God, I believe that he literally saw Jesus sitting on the right hand of God. When Jesus talked of his father and god in a third person context he did so correctly, but when he spoke as God in the first person he also was correct because he had the spirit of God in him without measure. The dual nature of Christ is easy to understand if you forget all of the bologna that we have been taught. He was a man who had God in him. Some times the man would speak and other times God would speak. Its that simple!

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I have heard that concept before, I am curious how you reconcile this scripture with that belief. Of coarse it also proves the trinity false as well as it shows Jesus had a beginning. And that beginning was even before Genesis 1:1 even took place.

Colossians 1:15-17

15Christ is the visible image of the invisible God. He existed before anything was created and is supreme over all creation,
16for through him God created everything in the heavenly realms and on earth. He made the things we can see and the things we can’t see— such as thrones, kingdoms, rulers, and authorities in the unseen world. Everything was created through him and for him.
17 He existed before anything was created, and he holds all creation together.

Other bibles say, " He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation.."

I agree that they are two separate entities like you, however the scriptures help us to understand that whereas God Almighty is the Architect of our universe, Jesus Christ was the worker that made it through unlimited access and use of the holy spirit. God supplied the blueprint and power, which Jesus used to accomplish this task.

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

So you believe that Jesus is a God, or a person of God like in the trinity?

posted on Feb, 14 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
First of all, nowhere in the Scriptures is God referred to or called a "trinity."

Second, the word "three" is never used in reference to Who or What God is.

Third, God is never called or referred to as "a person."

Four, the holy spirit is never called "God."

Five, since Christ is the Son, He cannot also be the Father or be coequal with His Father. Christ plainly said:

"My Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrBigDave

If you are referring to the bible's definition of "god" status, yes. But then again Satan is called a god too.
There is a difference between these two gods and Almighty God the Father.

But you never answered my question

posted on Aug, 28 2021 @ 08:17 AM
link   
This is the best explanation I can give. For many Christians, and non-believers alike, the concept of the Trinity is confusing. This is because it’s not explicitly stated in any English copy of scripture; but it is shown. And if you can’t see it, let’s play a game. Specifically, a video game. Videogames seem to hold the key to intuitively understanding the complexity of the Trinity.

edit on 28.8.2021 by GolgothaBridge because: Video

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Lol, the basis for your thesis is because Satan counterfeited the nature of God for his many mystery religions that it invalidates the nature of God? In order for there to be a counterfeit there must be a true example the counterfeit hopes to mimic.

The Bible says the Father is God, it says the Son is God, it says the Holy Spirit is God, and it also says there is only one God. So the doctrine of the Trinity is based on those revealed truths in the Word of God, not because of Satan’s counterfeit mystery religions around the globe.

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Originally posted by MrBigDave

If you are referring to the bible's definition of "god" status, yes. But then again Satan is called a god too.
There is a difference between these two gods and Almighty God the Father.

But you never answered my question

Bible only has one definition of God:

”Ye are my witnesses, saith Yahweh, and my Servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe Me, and understand that I am He: before Me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after Me. I, even I, am Yahweh; and beside Me there is no Savior.” - Isaiah 43:10-11

posted on Aug, 31 2021 @ 05:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: mplsfitter539

First of all, nowhere in the Scriptures is God referred to or called a "trinity."

Yes, because it’s a theological term that comes from Latin. The Bible says “Godhead”.

Second, the word "three" is never used in reference to Who or What God is.

False, “Elohyim” is a plural noun in Hebrew. A plural is a minimum of three in Hebrew because they also are one of the languages that has a “duo” tense for things that are only two.

Third, God is never called or referred to as "a person."

We can’t infer He is a Person considering the Bible used personal pronouns to describe Him?

Four, the holy spirit is never called "God."

100% false.

Five, since Christ is the Son, He cannot also be the Father..

Correct, the Son isn’t the Father, also the Son isn’t the Holy Spirit either.

or be coequal with His Father.

False again. In Revelation Jesus Himself says He is the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last - these are OT titles Yahweh uses for Himself.

Christ plainly said:

"My Father is GREATER than I" (John 14:28).

Certainly, when Jesus said that the Father was in a much greater position than He was while incarnated into flesh and having emptied Himself of His rights to divinity and acting in the function of a Servant up to the cross.

But Jesus was talking about position, not His nature. When Jesus spoke about His nature He said “I and the Father are one” and “If you have seen Me you have seen the Father”. And as the incarnate Wordnof God He superseded the Torah, speaking on His own authority and issuing new commands. In Mark 7 Jesus condemned and rebuked the rabbis for doing this same thing with the Tenakh, “teaching doctrines of man” and nullifying/superseding the Word of God
edit on 8 31 2021 by NOTurTypical because: Coding error

posted on Sep, 1 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
to: Blue_Jay33

TextGiven the fact that the council of Nicaea is considered to be a conspiracy itself, and this is when this doctrine was starting to be established, it does make you wonder? ATS voted it as 20th top conspiracy of all time, so ATS members know there is something to this.

So now we get a vote on whether the NT is right or wrong. What about the OT? Do we get to vote on it being right or wrong?

Tell me about this OT God . Is He the same God as Abraham talked about? This OT God had evil spirits and good spirits according to the verses below. He could throw either one at you and He could take them away from you So does that make the OT God on par with the NT God? Have you ever read where a NT God did this?

1st Samuel _11:6 And the Spirit of God came upon Saul when he heard those tidings, and his anger was kindled greatly.

1st Samuel_16:23 And it came to pass, when the evil spirit from God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand: so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.

1st Samuel_18:10 And it came to pass on the morrow, that the evil spirit from God came upon Saul, and he prophesied in the midst of the house: and David played with his hand, as at other times: and there was a javelin in Saul's hand.

Now this NT God of Jesus gave the whole world the choice of the good spirit or simply leaving it alone. It looks to me as though the OT and NT have the same God and the same spirits so if you have a conspiracy in one then is it in both or have you voted on that yet?

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join