It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AZ. Gun Store owner - Bans People who voted for Obama -

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I thought this was going to be a divide and conquer sort of news story - I was wrong - It makes perfect sense.

Gregory Gwyn-Williams, Jr.
CNS News
November 26, 2012
Last week, the owner of an Arizona gun shop made national headlines after it was reported that he had posted a sign and taken out a full page ad in a local newspaper that banned Obama supporters from entering his store. One week later, Cope Reynolds is cashing in on the attention.
Mr. Reynolds, owner of Southwest Shooting Authority says “business is booming” after his sign and newspaper ad caught the attention of various media outlets. The sign read: “If you voted for Barack Obama, your business is not welcome at Southwest Shooting Authority. You have proven you’re not responsible enough to own a firearm.”
Reynolds says he has been inundated with hundreds of calls and emails from media types and supporters. When asked about business, he replied, “I’ve been busier than a cat covering up poop on a marble floor.”

Source

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Privately owned businesses have the right to refuse service to whoever they like. If it has brought about a boon in business for the gun shop owner- more power to him!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
And in other news....
A New York College has banned anyone who voted for Mitt Romney.

CX

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
If you are an Obama supporter and you want to buy a gun there.....just say you voted Romney.

Not hard is it? Not like he will be checking.

CX.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
And how does he KNOW who voted for Obama?

Do they have a mark on their forehead or something?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
The gun shop owner has every right to sell to whomever he pleases. Sounds to me like he hates freedom. He obviously believes that the constitution permits the right to bear arms unless you are a liberal. What a hypocrit.

edit on 11/26/2012 by earthalien50 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

YES! It is the sign of the Beast!

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I don't think the shop owner cares one bit about denying service to certain people based on ideological grounds. This is a publicity stunt, plain and simple, with money as the primary motivation. Does anyone really think he wouldn't sell to a self-professed Obama supporter? Cash in-hand?

Let's see this for what it really is--an advertisement to boost sales, not some grandiose political statement. He's marketing his product by reinforcing the latent fears of his client base in a provocative manner.
edit on 11/26/12 by NthOther because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I applaud this fellow for these bold very smart business actions. It sends a clear message to the administration that followers of Dictator BO ( Body Odor) Barack Obama are not welcome in this economy. All stores should do this and then the message will really get out - and the economy will Boom as is this guys business. This idea could really help save our economy and prove 1) people do have money to spend, 2) they want to spend it, 3) they are just afraid to spend when they don't see any hope for the future. This can prove to Body Odor that Americans can fix the economy on their own without his meddling. ( less government)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
This local business is prospering after disassociiating itself from Obama.
Can you imagine the boom across the nation if Obama had not been reelected?
This is further proof that Obama is bad for business.

Time to update the universal business creed sign:

No Shoes,
No Shirt,
No Common Sense,
No Service

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
jesus...it would make sense if it was the opposite...
sign would read..."everyone that voted for romney has plenty of guns, if you voted for obama you better get yours".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by tvtexan
And in other news....
A New York College has banned anyone who voted for Mitt Romney.

Really? Funny I missed that news story, oh wait, WHAT? You are making stuff up? Oh thats not a surprise. Carry on!

Dorian Soran

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That really doesn't make sense. I know just as many Obama supporters who own firearms as Romney supporters. People exercising the right to bear arms is one of the biggest things that both political parties have in common.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix
I applaud this fellow for these bold very smart business actions. It sends a clear message to the administration that followers of Dictator BO ( Body Odor) Barack Obama are not welcome in this economy. All stores should do this and then the message will really get out - and the economy will Boom as is this guys business. This idea could really help save our economy and prove 1) people do have money to spend, 2) they want to spend it, 3) they are just afraid to spend when they don't see any hope for the future. This can prove to Body Odor that Americans can fix the economy on their own without his meddling. ( less government)

so the majority of americans are NOT welcomed in this economy?? as a blue state residence, i'm getting tired of the welfare we are handing over to the red states. more of my federal taxes are going to them, rather than coming back into my own state...bunch of red state welfare queens.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I believe someone once famously uttered the phrase "Elections have consequences".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by jimmyx

That really doesn't make sense. I know just as many Obama supporters who own firearms as Romney supporters. People exercising the right to bear arms is one of the biggest things that both political parties have in common.

i know...i was trying for a little humor, that's all. i've got more republican friends than i do democrats...and we argue all the time about politics...but...good food, good drink, and good times more than makes up for it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yeah, having more than 50% of the population not spending $ will REALLY help the economy.

You must have a business degree.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by littled16
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Privately owned businesses have the right to refuse service to whoever they like. If it has brought about a boon in business for the gun shop owner- more power to him!

Remember the South Park episode? If you want people to come to your store tell them they are not welcome.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtap66
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Yeah, having more than 50% of the population not spending $ will REALLY help the economy.

You must have a business degree.

The potential customers turned away just went somewhere else. I'm sure Wal-Mart will be more than happy to take said persons money.
edit on 26-11-2012 by marbles87 because: Wording

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Thats funny, i know a gunshop owner who likes obama. He says he makes more sales when liberals are in office....not that he votes for em or anything.

Romney wants to ban guns too, so i dont understand this guy. But its kinda funmy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join