It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In shocker, Israel's Barak quits politics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

In shocker, Israel's Barak quits politics

news.yahoo.com

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak on Monday abruptly announced he was quitting politics, injecting new turmoil into the Israeli political system weeks ahead of general elections.

Barak, Israel's most-decorated soldier and one-time prime minister, said he would stay on in his current post until a new government is formed following the Jan. 22 balloting.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Wow!!!
So he's leaving

Netanyahoo might now chose a more hawkish replacement, and that would mean the war on Iran will happen in his next term in office.

It also means that the Palestinian issue might escalate to something even worse.

He was considered as a moderate voice, if his replacement is hawkish then it's not good times ahead!

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   
As much as Israel's govt wants to attack Iran, and vice versa, I think they both know it's a foolish move. Israel wants to keep existing, as does Iran, so while they will incessantly threaten each other, it is unlikely that anything will come from it.

If Netanyahu assigns a chicken hawk to oversee Israel's defenses he is a retard.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
As much as Israel's govt wants to attack Iran, and vice versa, I think they both know it's a foolish move. Israel wants to keep existing, as does Iran, so while they will incessantly threaten each other, it is unlikely that anything will come from it.

If Netanyahu assigns a chicken hawk to oversee Israel's defenses he is a retard.

Nope. You don't understand Israel. They're convinced that they won't exist if Iran gets nuclear weapons and keeps giving better and better missiles to Hamas/Hezbollah/Islamic Jihad. That won't change whoever is in charge - it's "hard-wired" into the Israeli mindset.

A war between Israel and Iran has been inevitable for some time. We're approaching the end game now. Israel would have attacked years ago, but the US was too bogged down in Iraq and Afghanistan and wouldn't let them off the leash. Now that's finished and the US elections are out of the way, it's game on. My money is on somewhere between Feb and May next year.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
War criminals like Ehud Barak are known to quit politics, only to return in their limelight years. Keep your eyes peeled. I was hoping he was cleaning his closet for a date with the ICC.

top topics

join