It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Giants Of Ancient America: “8′ Tall With Double Rows Of Teeth”

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: CoriSCapnSkip
a reply to: Harte

Harte, for what it's worth, when I Googled the subject, every second site was by Fundamentalist Christians claiming ungodly scientists are suppressing the truth about giants to the point of destroying evidence because they don't want to admit the Bible is right.

Which makes one wonder, because when most of these reported finds were made there were very few scientists who were not Christians.

There are still lots of scientists who are still Christian today.

Survey of scientist's religion versus the general public

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 04:42 AM
link   
I think we all know something is being hidden but what?......

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucifer84
I think we all know something is being hidden but what?......

"we all"? I don't think so; but tell us what you think is being hidden and why you believe that.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Harte

Harte, for what it's worth, when I Googled the subject, every second site was by Fundamentalist Christians claiming ungodly scientists are suppressing the truth about giants to the point of destroying evidence because they don't want to admit the Bible is right.

Just like I said in an earlier post.

Harte

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: skalla
a reply to: Hanslune

Well Hans, obviously the erroneously short Napoleon was much jello of these giants and had a hissy fit and threw them in The Seine. It quite obvious really.

I was going off memory when I mentioned Napoleon's control of the Vatican here is a more complete response. Want to put it here so I can find it in the future

Considering how many times Rome itself was sacked: in 410, 455, 546, 846 and 1527 how much does one think might have been left not to mention the plundering of its records by Napoleon in 1809, nor considering the centuries where the Papacy wasn't even in Rome and sometimes there were two or even three Popes in Italy, France or Spain. This also doesn't consider the internal looting of the Vatican by a number of, shall we say, greedy or debtor Popes like Pope Leo X (1475 – 1521), Pope Clement VI (1291 – 1352)

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Do you actually believe you are informed of everything from those in Power? Do you actually think they want the average Joe to know and understand everything?

I don't know what is being hidden, that is the point.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Actually, the point is that you don't know if anything is being hidden. Yes, I think there is information being suppressed in Middle Eastern archaeology...but not for any of the reasons being broached in this thread.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

Actually, the point is that you don't know if anything is being hidden. Yes, I think there is information being suppressed in Middle Eastern archaeology...but not for any of the reasons being broached in this thread.

Might that deal with religion?

Certainly the Saudis in the past have destroyed a number of 'sites'.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Do you actually believe you are informed of everything from those in Power? Do you actually think they want the average Joe to know and understand everything?

Where centralized power had been used in the past to control archaeology, (communist bloc) it was very obvious and there was a bureaucracy to do so. Where others had tended to do so, again a structure exists to do it. Can you point to this structure that is suppressing everything in world and doing so in way that archaeologist don't know or are even aware of it?

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Well, Islam is but one ME religion with a territorial outcome from the local archaeological process.

posted on Nov, 27 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hanslune

Well, Islam is but one ME religion with a territorial outcome from the local archaeological process.

Absolutely there are several there in question; Islam, Christianity and Judaism all have irons in the fire and the fundamentalist Hindus have tried some odd twists too (not in the ME of course) seems to par for the course.

posted on Nov, 29 2014 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I totally believe the giants existed. The question is were they homo sapiens suffering from a genetic mutation www.sciencedaily.com... and were then slaughtered into extinction or the traits were bred out, or were they really a separate species?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cenpuppie
Those 8 foot giants aren't our ancestors. They were here when the native americans first started arriving and from the tales those guys were killing the various tribes as they started settling the contryside. So, before the tribes "split" they banded together and had a nasty war. Forced the survivers to a lone cave where they burned them out and killed the last one.

Americans have run across some remains in burial mounds and tombs when the west really started to get settled but those get missing remarkebly quick. There are newspaper clippings with sensational headlines like "giant skeleton uncovered" and the like. Per their MO once an institute arrives its always gone. And you have the giant Iraq axe and old Celtic stories, giants have been places. With small blups and mentionings throughout history.

The story you are referring to was in the Southwest right? But what about these mounds and giant claims more than 1000 miles away on the eastern half of the US?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14
The story you are referring to was in the Southwest right? But what about these mounds and giant claims more than 1000 miles away on the eastern half of the US?
...and they always seem to stop at the Canadian border. I'm sure there's a good reason for that.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 07:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck...and they always seem to stop at the Canadian border. I'm sure there's a good reason for that.

Must be that the Canadian government has a much better coverup system in place than ours! How about Mexico? Aren't there people there who will dig up anything for a buck?

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck...and they always seem to stop at the Canadian border. I'm sure there's a good reason for that.

Must be that the Canadian government has a much better coverup system in place than ours! How about Mexico? Aren't there people there who will dig up anything for a buck?
I know scads of Canadian archaeologists. Even if the government is not interested in the results...word gets out anyway:
Pat Sutherland
The truth is that there were lots of reasons for this hokum about giants to be spread around the 19th century old west. I've pointed some out. You choose to buy into the nostrums...well...remember the words of the Prophet: Don't step in that, Wilbur...

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Quetzalcoatl14

You mean like the Hopewell giants?

Now we're starting to get into some more serious blunders. This next one was an error of omission. When I talked about strange skulls and other bizarre human skeletal remains, I made many mentions of 7-foot-tall skeletons and creatures with double rows of teeth having been discovered in the United States in the late 19th century. It was almost a fad: Just about every time a railroad crew cut into a hillside, they'd turn up some such oddity. The best I could do was to ascribe this to the PT Barnum mentality that was sweeping the nation at the time. It seemed everyone and his brother were trying to make a buck exhibiting some strange oddity, but every time a scientist or museum wanted to take a look, suddenly the specimen was lost or stolen or otherwise absent. In short, the best explanation I could find for 7-foot-tall skeletons and double-toothed skulls was a lot of tall tales.

But then I heard from archaeologists, and learned that many of these finds were real, just really hard to find pictures or documentation of, especially when you don't know what to search for. For about 700 years the eastern United States was dominated by various cultures from the Hopewell Tradition, and these included the mound builders and other societies. There were cultural practices that can account for all the strange skeletal remains I described. They liked to mutilate the bodies of their slain enemies. One method was the disarticulation of the limbs of a corpse, so that its bones could be hung up as a sort of wind chime. Once finally laid in the ground, the separated bones gave the appearance that this person must have been seven or more feet tall.

Jawbones often received similar treatment. Holes were bored into them to accommodate leather thongs, and to non-expert railroad crews, such jaws appeared to have sockets available for a second row of teeth.
Like we often find on Skeptoid, the true explanation is almost always far more interesting than any you can come up with when you stop your investigation prematurely, as I did when I did my original episode. The PT Barnum explanation was pretty humdrum and dismissive. The real reason the bodies appeared to be 7 feet tall, and that the skulls appeared to have a second row of teeth, gives a much more engaging view into history.

Source

Harte

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I find this so fascinating.

Not sure if this has been added to the discussion - if so please disregard.

Newspaper clippings speaking of giant skeletons found

Lake Delavan WI article

Maple Creek WI - 9 foot skeleton found

The remember when I was a child - living in a small town - a fellow classmate and his dad were building a pool. They began digging and uncovered bones. There was talk around town about them being giants and had funny two rows of teeth. They called the museum - Smithsonian - and that was the last I ever heard of the bones. No one ever talked about it again. Strange.

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:23 AM
link   
double rows of teeth would be a dental nightmare. ouch.

but isn't there a folk song about two rows of jaw teeth and two coats of hair?

posted on Dec, 7 2014 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: wanderingconfusion

Why would someone in a small town call the Smithsonian?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join