It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Developments in the Middle East

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Thank you for the links, I will look into it.

I try to remain pragmatic as possible, especially when it comes to situations like this, but i will be the first to admit there is plenty of things in our world that most of us are unaware of.

edit on 26-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

There was news of the movement of Sovi...ahem, 'scuse me, Russian naval assets moving to the Eastern Med back in August.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Check the last post of the thread.

The French and UK also have an 'armada' in the Eastern Med, ostensibly for possible 'evacuations' from Lebanon or Syria of French or UK nationals.

Seems the Eastern Med is a popular vacation spot for the US, UK, France and USS...ooops, Russia. Good for the local economies as they supply them with food and fuel.

On the Iranian ship, Gaza is still under blockade. That ship would be boarded in international waters by Israel, boarded and searched.

I doubt they would allow anyone to rearm Hamas this early in the game. More likely they would dock in Sudan, to replace the ones destroyed in the IAF raid.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Iran sends Fajr5 missiles, the Gaza fishing fleet is given 6 more miles to fish in and, The US agrees to send troops to Sinai rt.com... from the link

Netanyahu agreed to ceasefire after Obama promised US troops in Sinai next week?
It is all coming together, yes the next war will be over Mideast, just my thought on this.
If the Iran ship has Fajr5 missiles why not have a fishing boat(s) smuggle them in?
If this does happen would not the IDF fire upon the Iran ship if it is in the 6 mile line, or would the IDF fire upon a Gaza fishing boat if it was to go outside the 6 mile limit?
If Gaza was to get the fajr5 missiles, how soon would they put them use? Would they make the first shot or would they wait till IDF made a move?
Some questions that could make the cease fire go by the wayside.
edit on 26-11-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ErEhWoN

Unload in the Sudan would look the more realistic option,
If we take the times report for what it is, it clearly says that on board that ship Iran has put the Shahab 3.
Now you’re not going to get the Shahab 3 down a tunnel or have the time in Gaza to launch it the drones would pick you up and light you up.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

The first piece of news that I want to share is about Russia sending warships to the Gaza coast. They say these are for evacuation purposes but perhaps that is just an excuse. I will elaborate why in the next portion of the thread. Here is one of many articles discussing the Russian ships near Gaza. I have seen articles claim that there are as many as six.

I noted this has been picked up by a lot of the conspiracy theorist websites and reported completely out of context.

The Russian ships are part of the Task Force on their way to the Horn of Africa and Gulf of Aden for routine anti-piracy patrols. They entered the Mediterranean long before the current Gaza hostilities. Some of the Task Force elements were exercising with the Italian Navy. The original plan was for the Task Force to transit the Suez Canal in late November and join up with the Pacific Task Force for joint anti-piracy patrols.

Currently they are busy chirping away in Morse Code and I can pick these up here in the UK. The Russian Navy tanker in support, Ivan Bubnov, is sending international weather and is currently hove to off the Suez Canal. The Task Force is still scheduled to transit the Suez on the 27th. The first indicator of this is when the Auxiliary vessels cease transmitting International weather as per all the other anti-piracy Task Force transits to the Red Sea, Gulf of Aden to work off the coast of Somalia.

The Morse Code from Russian Navy Tanker Ivan Bubnov from 12 UTC today. Weather stripped out to leave the positional/course information.

12464 Kilohertz

RCV DE RCJG 26121 99316 10323 22200 @1212 UTC

31.6N 32.3E Hove to

Map Link

As I type the tanker is trying to send a possible weather message on 8345 Kilohertz. Appears to be having trouble contacting Sevastopol for the past 45 minutes.

Black Sea Fleet (BSF) task force consisting of Guards missile cruiser Moskva, destroyer Smetlivy, landing ships Novocherkassk and Saratov, and auxiliary vessels has completed first stage of the long-range cruise in eastern Mediterranean. At present, crews of the ships completed preparations for the next stage, an anti-piracy mission off Somalia. The task force will be reinforced by Pacific Fleet (PF) task force in early Dec 2012. In accordance with the deployment program, the BSF task unit is conducting technical maintenance activities. Experts of floating workshop PM-56 stationed in Syrian port Tartus can be also involved if needed. The task force finished preparations for the cruise to the Indian Ocean on Nov 24; passage of the Suez Canal is scheduled on Nov 27.

Rus Navy website link

See following posts with more info. Note that the Black Sea Anti-piracy Task Force is to meet up with the Pacific Fleet Task Force and work with NATO anti-piracy assets.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
reply to post by EarthCitizen07

Thank you for the links, I will look into it.

I try to remain pragmatic as possible, especially when it comes to situations like this, but i will be the first to admit there is plenty of things in our world that most of us are unaware of.

edit on 26-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Pretty sure humans are a slave race to the annukaki and/or reptillians to help them gather resources, use us as entertainment, and then purge us when we become a bit strong. The atlantians and lemurians probably suffered a similar fate to us.

The pathetic irony is that we are purging ourselves, via the illuminati who infiltrated every international agency with their private central banking scheme, that not only collects interest on the perpetual debt, but more importantly uses that debt as leverage against any resistance movement by paying conspirators to exterminate those threats. I am pretty sure all or most royal families are involved at the top. Bourgeoise 101..hence why a proletariat was deemed necessary by marxists. Even the marxist organisations may have been infiltrated though.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by seppirish

If the news release is true then the Iran ship must make port in Gaza for the missile system is to big to be smuggled in some info on this system www.fas.org... and for the real interesting part, it is a North Korea missile copy.

edit on 26-11-2012 by bekod because: line edditing

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66

It's a funny old world isn't it. While this is going on Iran and Israel are co-operating and sharing the funding of a new scientific project to be based in Jordan. The project is headed by a UK scientist who hopes that the common language of science can build the bridges that politicians seem unable to.

Sesame: Project Bring Together Middle East Scientists

Amid rising tensions in one of the world's most volatile regions, an audacious project to use science for diplomacy is taking shape in the heart of the Middle East.

In this land of ancient hatreds, a highly sophisticated scientific installation is being built in Jordan.

It has support from countries that are usually openly hostile to each other.

The plan is for a multi-million-pound synchrotron particle accelerator, known as Sesame.

It has backing from several Arab nations, together with Turkey, Pakistan, Cyprus, Iran and - astonishingly - Israel as well..

BBC

edit on 26-11-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

modern governments are compartmentalized.

one hand doesn't know what the other hand is doing.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

I noted this has been picked up by a lot of the conspiracy theorist websites and reported completely out of context.

I am not doubting your claim that they are part of the task force you mentioned, but there are various outlets both mainstream and alternative that have acknowledged the "evacuation" reason for those ships being there, Russians officials are claimed to have said this as well.

Personally, I believe your explanation makes more sense than the evacuation excuse, but with Russian officials announcing this in my opinion they are not there ONLY because they are en route to the Horn of Africa. I believe there is more than they are telling us, even if it is as simple as flexing muscles.

Good post though

Thanks for all the extra information.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

This ship I would say is on its way to the Sudan and its cargo will be broke up.
The Shahab 3 will stay in the sudan because of its size you need an artic lorry to launch it, and I cant see the IAF let Hamas pull up in a artic lorry on a street or some waste ground and set this up and launch it, and its range is to great for use in Gaza.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by aarys
I think the big story this week is Morsi in Egypt. It just goes to show you that the muslim brotherhood are behind and organising the uprisings in the middle east. Dear i say it. Rise of a antichrist.

LOL ..really? Take a look at Senator McCain...and see what "revolutions" he's been funding in the M.E.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Hi,

Israeli spy satellites spotted a cargo vessel in the Iranian port of Bandar Abbas that was allegedly Gaza-bound and carrying arms, the Sunday Times reported.

I realize spy satellites can see a license plate and stuff. But can it really help one read a ships manifesto? The Sunday Times reported? Why would spies give such good info to reporters?

I heard the last flotilla to Gaza had some crates full of snickers...snickers satisfies.

This decades-old skit deserves a final curtain.

If there is anything to come of this, let the suffering end without any further BS consequence.

I'd be grateful to see more news anchors stepping down...or standing up for what they believe to be right.

by the twos

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

No problem. All I see is a humanitarian contingency plan put in place as would any other nation with vessels in the region. For the Russian Chiefs of Staff it is all good publicity for the Russian Navy. The vessels were on work-up in the area and have to wait for the Egyptians to let them pass through the Suez.

I expect that all the vessels will transit the Suez possibly on schedule?

I've looked back my records and the Black Sea Fleet Tanker, Ivan Bubnov, is following the same routine before transit to the Gulf of Aden.

This is from 25th APRIL 2012. The Russian Navy Tanker is hove to at the same location as today.

From the Morse transmission on 25th April 2012

12464 RCV DE RCJG 25121 99316 10323 22200 @ 1203 UTC

31.6N 32.3E Hove to

Map Link

Russian Navy media report from April 2012 on the last Gulf of Aden deployment for tanker Ivan Bubnov.

Black Sea Fleet (BSF) large seagoing replenishment tanker Ivan Bubnov has successfully passed the straits and entered the Mediterranean Sea with the view to reach the Gulf of Aden. The tanker's task is to maintain activities of Russian Navy's counter-piracy task unit deployed to the region. BSF marine unit is on board to protect the ship when passing straits and at anchorage. Seagoing tug MB-304 recently left Sevastopol and soon will join Ivan Bubnov in the Mediterranean to accomplish analogous tasks.

Link from April 2012

The international weather Morse transmissions will cease as the transit of the Suez Canal takes place. The area from the Red Sea onwards is far too dangerous to openly transmit weather with positional information. The Russians will also not let the tanker or any other auxiliary vessel transit on its own so when the Morse Code international weather stops it is an likely that one of the warships if not all will be in transit together.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
CE... I do enjoy your posts. You have a good sense of things. As such my contribution here is not as such about the development, but it is a very insightful little piece of information.

The following article was printed in the renowned Danish news paper Politiken. It is an unbiased news paper, although some people on the right side enjoy calling it red.
The article is an interview with Israeli born historian Ilan Pappe, and his message is short... we HAVE TO sanction Israel, to put a stop to its madness.

They do NOT get a carte blanche for the things that happened 70 years ago. That time has past.

Please enjoy the article here:

translate.google.com... iken.dk%2Fdebat%2FECE1824361%2Fstop-det-israelske-vanvid%2F&act=url" target="_blank" class="postlink">Ilan Pappe - Stop the Isaeli madness

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by flice

I agree that Israel is deserving of sanctions for various reasons, a boycott just isn't good enough. Regrettably those who regulate the sanctioning of nations do not logically hand out these sanctions because if they did Israel among many other nations would be under strict sanctions and even possible blockades.

Thank you for sharing the link but unfortunately my browser at work is not letting the google translation go through so I must read it once I get home.

I will share my thoughts once I have read it.

Also, I enjoy your posts as well, so thank you.

Cheers.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   
The first thing I am wondering is why would warships be needed for evacuations, unless there was the possibility of conflict? If Israel attacks an Iranian ship in international waters, I believe Russia has a moral obligation to retaliate. However, if the Iranians are carrying munitions, things become a little murkier. Is there any proof however that this vessel is carrying arms? I think this would be a great excuse for Israel to sink an Iranian ship regardless of whether the statement is true.

I understand that Israel has many enemies in the region, but this does not justify their treatment of the people in Gaza. It is inhumane and these actions are basically war crimes. There are people who like to blame the entire thing on Hamas, and this is just an over simplified and incorrect viewpoint. Completely disregarding Israeli actions really shows that someone is not neutral and objective, but has an agenda and is trying to promote that by issuing comments that simply serve to confuse people who do not know much about what is going on over there.

I would like to see some nation stand up to Israel. Even living in the US, I would like to see a nation stand up to America, simply because supporting wrongful actions does not reflect a lack of patriotism. In fact, I would say that those people who blindly support their country, no matter how many evil acts they commit, is the unpatriotic individual. So I would actually take sides based on the moral high ground, and not national boundaries. That is how we all should think, because the opposite is what evil people in power attempt to use to get what they want. And if they are evil, what they want is usually not what is in the best interest of the citizenry.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

The first thing I am wondering is why would warships be needed for evacuations, unless there was the possibility of conflict?

I believe in the current uncertain environment that is the middle east, warships are probably warrented. However, as I had mentioned previously, the more people in the area with military equipment the more tense the situation becomes.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by flice

I agree that Israel is deserving of sanctions for various reasons, a boycott just isn't good enough. Regrettably those who regulate the sanctioning of nations do not logically hand out these sanctions because if they did Israel among many other nations would be under strict sanctions and even possible blockades.

Thank you for sharing the link but unfortunately my browser at work is not letting the google translation go through so I must read it once I get home.

I will share my thoughts once I have read it.

Also, I enjoy your posts as well, so thank you.

Cheers.

Israel, usa, ussr should have been at the top of the sanctions list decades ago.

Just goes to show a united nations infiltrated by evil rich people is just as pointless as having no united nations.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
With Putin's history in the KGB it seems that Russia takes the more strategic position in most situations instead of one that would lead to direct confrontations. It's a more clandestine approach to his foreign policy.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Hello TommyJo, so cool to be able to read someone that has their ears on the actual transmissions from the Russian fleet.

Hear anything from the HMS Illustrious or HMS Bulwark. Or even the Charles de Gaulle?

Or do they rely exclusively on SatComs?

i hadn't read anything in past week or so about their whereabouts.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join