It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 55
<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Works just fine for me.

There were "two" broadcasts. The one that the public saw that was grainy and low quality because it was fed through a scan converter. The one that they saw at NASA was crisp, and for the time, high quality. Those tapes were recorded and sent to Goddard, as backups in case the live relay failed. Those are the tapes that were lost. The original television feed tapes are still there, and a group is attempting to convert them to better quality through digitizing them.
edit on 6/19/2013 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

Works just fine for me.

I posted the proof that the link 404'd on me. I suspect foul play.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It's actually quite an interesting read. The data is still there, and is quite intact. The higher quality recordings that were done at Goldstone, Honeysuckle Creek, and Parkes (they were the only ones that saw the high quality recordings) were done as back ups to the live feed, are the ones that are missing.

NASA only allocated a fraction of the normal bandwidth used in live television. The commercial broadcast industry used 4.5MHz, and NASA allocated 500kHz for the broadcast. Westinghouse Electric developed a special camera that used 10 frames per second, and 320 lines of resolution, compared to 30 frames and 525 lines. RCA developed a scan converter because commercial television couldn't broadcast that resolution.

NASA withdrew 25,000+ 1 inch tapes for degaussing and reuse with the LANDSAT mission, when they ran short on tapes, and it's believed that the Apollo 11 tapes were with them. However, it's possible that APL has a backup of the Parkes tapes. The search is still going on.

The only tapes that are missing are the higher quality tapes. The original live feed broadcast tapes are just fine and intact, and still around.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Zaphod58

Sources please. Cites please. Quotes please.

I will copy & paste my info from page 25 of this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The key section is underlined, bolded. According to the gallant, non-NASA investigation headed by John Sarkissian, CSIRO Parkes Observatory, the National Archives saw fit to place all the "Apollo era magnetic tapes" - not just Apollo 11 - into the archive named Accession #69A4099.

Notice that he says "Apollo era", not just "Apollo 11".

In 1970, the tapes were placed in the US National Archives in Accession #69A4099. By 1984, all but two of the over 700 boxes of Apollo era magnetic tapes placed in the Accession, were removed and returned to the GSFC for permanent retention. These tapes are now missing.
These missing data tapes include the raw Apollo 11 SSTV tapes. For the past several years, a search for these tapes has been undertaken by several former Apollo 11 personnel. To date, no Apollo 11 SSTV tapes have been found. SOURCE www.parkes.atnf.csiro.au...

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Read it again. Read it and weep.

In 1970, the tapes were placed in the US National Archives in Accession #69A4099. By 1984, all but two of the over 700 boxes of Apollo era magnetic tapes placed in the Accession, were removed and returned to the GSFC for permanent retention. These tapes are now missing.

We are talking about "over 700 boxes of Apollo era magnetic tapes".

If the Apolloony Defenders are going to defend this then I expect 1. Citations 2. Links.

It also says the tapes were returned to GSFC for "permanent retention."

And this blows away the NASA excuse that the tapes were re-used for LandSat.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Zaphod, how more vague can you be??

and a group is attempting to convert them to better quality through digitizing them.

Would you please enlighten us as to who, what, where of this 'group' you speak of?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I'd love to copy and paste, but it's a PDF that won't let me do anything with it but read it. But you can keep repeating that the Apollo 11 tapes are gone, but you won't be any more right the 100th time as you were the first time. The original television broadcast tapes are fine, and intact. The higher quality tapes are the ones that were reused.

John Sarkissian started the search.
Colin Mackellar started a webpage to fan interest in it.
Stan Lebar worked on the cameras and agreed to help look for the tapes.
Bill Wood worked at Goldstone and helped search for the tapes.
Richard Nafzger is a Goddard employee and worked on television processing at the time.

They have been looking for the 1 inch back up tapes that had the high quality recordings recorded at the three tracking stations.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

I can see that you wish to avoid the fact that "over 700 boxes" are missing. Maybe you provide some citations from Richard Nafzger explaining why he can't account for receiving the magnetic tapes at Goddard.

I will also raise you a Nixon the Gambler magazine cover because I know you are bluffing

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I'm not bluffing anything. I'm repeating what is in the PDF. The tapes that are missing are the high quality tapes, not the television broadcast.

www.pdfhost.net...

There is the pdf. Read it for yourself.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   

And please respond to this citation:

Can't you read? 700 boxes are missing. Apollo era telemetry data is missing. You can't explain that. I am saying that this missing Apollo telemetry is evidence of a cover up. You don't have a response because you haven't shown that the 700 boxes were accounted for.

The 700 boxes of Apollo era magnetic tapes are missing. Everyone needs to understand this. MISSING. The tapes were not reused for LandSat. If they were reused for LandSat then Richard Nafzger at Goddard would be able to prove that and he can't.

edit on 6/19/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: let's raise the stakes add pic nixon the gambler

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

And the data on those tapes were back ups. Can you read? Back ups. The original data is intact. They were recorded as back ups in case the live broadcast failed. Why are you having so much trouble understanding that? They are Slow Scan TV recordings that were back ups. What part of that can you not understand?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I would refer you to the following citation "700 boxes of Apollo era magnetic tapes".

Sarkissian is not referring only to Apollo 11. He is referring to the entire "Apollo era". That's probably the sticking point of our disagreement, wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   

And all 700 boxes were back up tapes. They were high quality recordings of five moon walks, including Apollo 11. They were all back up recordings.

en.wikinews.org...

Only the magnetic data tapes containing the recorded transmission from the moon's surface are missing. The data on these tapes includes the original slow-scan TV signals, plus voice and telemetry data of the first Apollo landing. The originally broadcast conversion of the slow-scan recordings of the landing are preserved at the National Archives.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

And all 700 boxes were back up tapes. They were high quality recordings of five moon walks, including Apollo 11. They were all back up recordings.

en.wikinews.org...

Only the magnetic data tapes containing the recorded transmission from the moon's surface are missing. The data on these tapes includes the original slow-scan TV signals, plus voice and telemetry data of the first Apollo landing. The originally broadcast conversion of the slow-scan recordings of the landing are preserved at the National Archives.

I have tried to point out to him this several times he doesn't realize telemetry tapes were used just like a hard drive most of the tapes had useless data sent from say oxygen sensor in cabin or fuel sensors heart monitors temprature sensors. Each taking up several reels just hart monitor would have been 3 astronauts and total would have used about 20 each. This is why they were not considered essential and we're handled poorly. 99 percent was useless data backed up in case of problem.

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

Apollo Defender, your scriptures are here. And I quote

Among the 2,614 boxes of Apollo mission tapes that went to the facility, the original Apollo 11 may have been among them. Between 1975 and 1979, NASA's Goddard Space Flight Center recalled all but two of the 2,614 boxes. The remaining two boxes included telemetry tapes from Apollo 9 Source www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jun, 20 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Zaphod and Dragonrdr, you can give yourselves all the stars but you must realize that I just raised you from "over 700 boxes" to "2,614 boxes". And you still can't account for any of those boxes of Apollo telemetry magnetic tapes.

The pot stands at 3 Nixon covers and 2,614 boxes of Apollo telemetry tapes.

What have you got? Hollywood?

Play It Again, Neil: NASA loses original Apollo 11 video, but Hollywood rides to the rescue

By SETH BORENSTEIN , Associated Press
July 16, 2009

WASHINGTON - NASA could put a man on the moon but didn't have the sense to keep the original video of the live TV transmission.

In an embarrassing acknowledgment, the space agency said Thursday that it must have erased the Apollo 11 moon footage years ago so that it could reuse the videotape.

But now Hollywood is coming to the rescue.

edit on 6/20/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 05:41 AM
link   

You really don't understand the word "back up" do you?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Here is the next paragraph you convieniently for for got to read. So much for all that missing apollo data and from your own source wow

First-generation copies of the converted video from
Apollo 11 as well as other first-generation copies and
some original versions of the converted video for the
Apollo 12 through Apollo 17 flights are still in NASA
Johnson Space Center's Informational Resources
Directorate's video vault in Houston.

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by choos

because the whole point was to point out that it was over a period of ONE YEAR..

but if you were so concerned about the shielding perhaps you should have referred back to table 2 which give you the equivalent dosage in ONE YEAR and the equivalent dose penetrating 0cm depth is between 1.32Sv PER YEAR to 0.53Sv PER YEAR, DEPENDING ON SHIELDING

Yes, "DEPENDING ON SHIELDING"

That can be said for all missions into deep space! So what?

then by all means use the real numbers which you seem to imply you have.

The experts don't know the real numbers, that's the problem.

you realise all scientists/engineers will be using these numbers. if these scientists and engineers are using these "made-up" numbers you realise that it can fail??

Sure, the numbers can fail, and often do.

Because the numbers are just estimates.

Look at how their numbers have changed so much, over the years.

Why do you think that is?

Any idea?

posted on Jun, 21 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

You really don't understand the word "back up" do you?

And you don't understand "first generation copies" are not originals.

new topics

top topics

<< 52  53  54    56  57  58 >>

join