It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dragonridr

From your source,

In order to compute that last burn, NASA needed a precise position of the spacecraft, obtainable only by telescopic observation. All the observatories that could have done this were clouded over, except Oakland's Chabot Observatory, where members of the Eastbay Astronomical Society had been tracking the Moon flights.

I looked at the weather map for 17 Apr 70 and it doesn't support what you have there.

All these cities had a clear skies forecast on 17 Apr 70:
Albequerque
Boise
Brownsville
Buffalo
Chicago
Des Moines
Detroit
El Paso
Great Falls
Helena
Honolulu
Miami
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Portland, Or.
San Francisco
Seattle
Shreveport
Spokane

International cities with clear skies:
Lima
Rio de Janeiro
Havana
Kingston
Monterrey
Vera Cruz
Madrid
Manila
New Delhi
Sydney
Tokyo

Here's my weather link for 17 Apr 70 and as you can see my sources are verifiable.
news.google.com...

EAS members received an urgent call from NASA Ames Research Station, which had ties with Chabot's educational program since the 60's

NASA already had ties to EAS who "had been tracking the Moon flights." I wonder how deep this working relationship goes if we continued to scratch the surface ...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by SayonaraJupiter

Clear skies for the city doesn't mean the observatory was clear, or even was in position to view the craft. I've been in both Kihei and Hilo, both of which are almost directly under significant observatories, and seen beautify clear skies over the city and anywhere from light cloud cover to totally socked in at the observatories. But of you checked the weather for those cities it would show clear.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SayonaraJupiter

From your source,

In order to compute that last burn, NASA needed a precise position of the spacecraft, obtainable only by telescopic observation. All the observatories that could have done this were clouded over, except Oakland's Chabot Observatory, where members of the Eastbay Astronomical Society had been tracking the Moon flights.

I looked at the weather map for 17 Apr 70 and it doesn't support what you have there.

All these cities had a clear skies forecast on 17 Apr 70:
Albequerque
Boise
Brownsville
Buffalo
Chicago
Des Moines
Detroit
El Paso
Great Falls
Helena
Honolulu
Miami
Milwaukee
New Orleans
Portland, Or.
San Francisco
Seattle
Shreveport
Spokane

International cities with clear skies:
Lima
Rio de Janeiro
Havana
Kingston
Monterrey
Vera Cruz
Madrid
Manila
New Delhi
Sydney
Tokyo

Here's my weather link for 17 Apr 70 and as you can see my sources are verifiable.
news.google.com...

EAS members received an urgent call from NASA Ames Research Station, which had ties with Chabot's educational program since the 60's

NASA already had ties to EAS who "had been tracking the Moon flights." I wonder how deep this working relationship goes if we continued to scratch the surface ...

most of the cities you listed dont even have an observvatory so having a clear sky really means nothing.

For example honolulu didnt have one its in in Hilo. And looking through your list of cities did you randomly check cities because in 1970 most of them didnt have observatories. Let me give you a clue they never put observatories in big cities reason being is the lights make it difficult to see stars.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Here's your other claim that you made.

You do realize every observatory on the planet was tracking the apollo mission right?

Sources please. And please link a source for that other material you posted claiming that the only observatory without cloud cover on 17 Apr 70 was in Oakland, California.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr Let me give you a clue they never put observatories in big cities reason being is the lights make it difficult to see stars.

The 1970 population of Oakland California was 361,561. I guess that's not a big city and has no lights?

www.bayareacensus.ca.gov...

You originally tried to post a bunch of fluff about the Oakland observatory and how it "saved Apollo 13". Are you abandoning that now?

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Surely there is a telescope here on Earth that can be used to
view the lunar rovers and other crap left on the moon.

Problems solved.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

The Oakland Observatory has been just outside the MacArthur Freeway in Oakland in the mountains since 1915. It was originally in downtown Oakland (hence the name), and was the official timekeeping facility for the Bay Area.

The observatory moved to its Mountain Boulevard location in 1915 due to increasing light pollution and urban congestion. In the mid-1960s, the facility was expanded considerably.

en.wikipedia.org...

The Chabot Observatory calendar records an application of optical tracking during the final phases of Apollo 13, on 17 April 1970. "Rachel, Chabot Observatory's 20-inch refracting telescope, helps bring Apollo 13 and its crew home. One last burn of the lunar lander engines was needed before the crippled spacecraft's re-entry into the Earth's atmosphere. In order to compute that last burn, NASA needed a precise position of the spacecraft, obtainable only by telescopic observation. All the observatories that could have done this were clouded over, except Oakland's Chabot Observatory, where members of the Eastbay Astronomical Society had been tracking the Moon flights. EAS members received an urgent call from NASA Ames Research Station, which had ties with Chabot's educational program since the 60's, and they put the Observatory's historic 20-inch refractor to work. They were able to send the needed data to Ames, and the Apollo crew was able to make the needed correction and to return safely to Earth on this date in 1970."

www.astr.ua.edu...

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Waratah

Here is a project for you:

Get all the facts - distance to the moon, size of the lunar rovers and other hardware left on the moon.

Then work out the angular diameter these objects would subtend from the earth.

Then look at the angular resolution of earth based telescopes.

You will then have your answer!

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr Let me give you a clue they never put observatories in big cities reason being is the lights make it difficult to see stars.

The 1970 population of Oakland California was 361,561. I guess that's not a big city and has no lights?

www.bayareacensus.ca.gov...

You originally tried to post a bunch of fluff about the Oakland observatory and how it "saved Apollo 13". Are you abandoning that now?

I have a question do you eer get tired of being wrong? You try to tear apart facts and sadly your just not good at it. To answer your question no im not its not in oakland its outside of oakland in a very secluded area. They need to do that with telescopes to avoid light pollution. Since oh i dont know telescopes need to see very dim lights in the sky.

There is records in observatories all over the world that tracked apollo missions in fact NASA would put out coordinate updates just so they could. Why dont you put some of that effort you used trying to find out the weather put it on something useful go contact observatories and have them check there records and educate yourself in the process. Every observatory keeps detailed records of observations in a log have fun.

posted on Jun, 15 2013 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Here is a project for you:

Get all the facts - distance to the moon, size of the lunar rovers and other hardware left on the moon.

Then work out the angular diameter these objects would subtend from the earth.

Then look at the angular resolution of earth based telescopes.

You will then have your answer!

Oh can i take this one you would need like a 2000 ft telescope to see landing sights. Largest telescope constructed so far is a 30 meter (98 foot) mirror. The Keck twin telescopes, using aperture synthesis, try to simulate a 300 foot wide scope. Thats why we couldn't see the landing sights until the Russians Japanese and the US put satellites in orbit around the moon but i know those aren't there either right.

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Thanks to Zaphod (who posted your source links for you ) now we can indeed start tearing into your source.

" We did team with BellComm of Washington DC and NASA to conduct optical tracking of Apollo spacecraft from Apollo 7 through 17. We supplied the rotational rate decay of the ejected SLA panels which was used to help quantify the tiny residual atmospheric air resistance at the high altitude flights. We were also asked to provide our best positional coordinates of the tracked spacecraft from the specular reflection against the backdrop of stars in order to refine BellComm's orbital computations. Source www.astr.ua.edu...

So, the Oakland 20" had a contract with BellComm, not NASA. That's the same BellComm that Ed Nixon worked for. You know, the president's brother, the geologist. You know, the guy that couldn't get a job as a geologist so he hired Farouk el-Baz at BellComm to catalogue the Lunar Orbiter images and selected the Apollo landing sites because he was the secretary of the landing site committee.

Reports of each Apollo mission were prepared and submitted to BellComm. Source www.astr.ua.edu...

When Oakland submitted the reports to BellComm in Washington D.C. it would be an action that they took to satisfy a contract with BellComm. Which likely means that Oakland was on the BellComm payroll and had a contract ## with BellComm.

Now your fluffy story about how the little 20" in Oakland saved Apollo 13 turns out to be just another story of how the government manufactured Apollo evidence. And to finish the job (with Apollo there is always a hitch, or glitch with the Apollo records)

My own personal records were lost in the Berkeley Firestorm of 1991. Source www.astr.ua.edu...

We keep seeing this pattern with Apollo.

Lost Records

Records are lost. 700+ boxes of Apollo telemetry tapes were lost. The lunar samples never had 'adequate controls' and LRL audits proclaimed moon rocks were missing and unaccounted for. Lost the Eagle 11 ascent module. Lost the Orion 16 ascent module.

And you wonder why NASA has Keep Out Zones on the moon???

edit on 6/16/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: fix tags

posted on Jun, 16 2013 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Ok you really have to be stuck on stupid and i really dont say that to too many. There was no contract between an observatory and anybody there not a business. They are funded through private grants so unless you can show me Nixon made a sizable donation i really dont see how its relevant. And just so you know they have telemetry tapes for Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17. they found backups apollo 11 in still missing however the remainder were found at the radio telescope at Parkes Observatory in Australia because it had a larger antenna and backed up all the telemetry from the Moon at the time of the Apollo.

I dont remeber the exact reason apollo 11 is missing i think it had something to to with sending it to goddard space flight center or something.But i do know they found new images of the apollo 11 landing in SSTV which were released.

edit on 6/16/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr And just so you know they have telemetry tapes for Apollo 12, 14, 15, 16, and 17.

I'm talking about the 700+ boxes of original Apollo tapes (from all missions) which were gathered together into National Archives Accession #69A4099.

I posted my links & sources earlier in the thread.

But if you can claim they have the tapes, I'd respectfully like to see your sources.

posted on Jun, 17 2013 @ 11:00 PM
link   

The missing tapes you are so own about were from Apollo 11 it was erroneously reported all apollo tapes were missing they were not. They recently uncovered a backup of one of the etas ill track it down for you i think i saw it on NASAs website but theres alot of stuff on there so ill have to look.

posted on Jun, 18 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

The missing tapes you are so own about were from Apollo 11 it was erroneously reported all apollo tapes were missing they were not. They recently uncovered a backup of one of the etas ill track it down for you i think i saw it on NASAs website but theres alot of stuff on there so ill have to look.

I specifically asked you for sources and you haven't provided them. The Apollo telemetry tapes from Accession #69A4099 were lost. You say they still exist. Please post your sources now, thanks.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

James Webb Space Telescope go discover that egghead.

The project is working to a 2018 launch date

So have you worked out the answer to my project yet?

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

James Webb Space Telescope go discover that egghead.

wow, no need to be so aggressive, but this post kind of highlights the typical HB naivety or lack of research/knowledge or ignorance.

edit on 19-6-2013 by choos because: withdraw my answer, im going to let bruce have his fun.

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I specifically asked you for sources and you haven't provided them. The Apollo telemetry tapes from Accession #69A4099 were lost. You say they still exist. Please post your sources now, thanks.

As i said the apollo 11 telemetry tapes were missing they had the original video of the moon walk. That was what they were searching for nothing else. This video was the original sstv scans they stopped using it after apollo 11. So further apollo missions where stored differently. Im not sure you understand this the only telemetry tapes that were ever reporting missing was Apollo 11. Here read the story it explains the search and also how they found a higher resolution then the broadcast.

www.honeysucklecreek.net...

Heres some of the videos if you want to see them

www.nasa.gov...
edit on 6/19/13 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2013 @ 09:40 PM
link   

www.honeysucklecreek.net...

Looks like you are out of luck my friend. And so am I. That's the same link that is my source.

404 Not Found

Not Found
The requested URL /Apollo_11/tapes/398311main_Apollo_11_Report.pdf was not found on this server.
Additionally, a 404 Not Found
error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache Server at www.honeysucklecreek.net Port 80

edit on 6/19/2013 by SayonaraJupiter because: add pic

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join