It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 334
<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 03:37 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

Thete is no glass ceiling - this is a term you have invented. Repeating it will not make it any more true. It is indeed a fact that no Russian astronauts have gone above rhat height. Implying that this is because it is not possible to go beyond that height is not true.
edit on 24-10-2014 by onebigmonkey because: hilarious typo

edit on 24-10-2014 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter
If anyone here was still interested in the topic of disclosures then I would point to the fact that the Russians have never put a human being over 475km... it's not something that is generally discussed... the Russian Glass Ceiling... but there it is. A hard, cold fact of human history.

oh i see.. you are using the "Tiger repelling rock" type fallacy as an argument..

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
No he isn't. He is offering inspiring words to new scientists to tell them to find answers to important scientific questions.

It was meant to inspire the new scientists, for sure.

Space exploration has only begun, with much undone..and amazing things, breakthroughs..

....are "available"?!?

So to get them, one must...

Remove one of truth's protective layers!

He said...

Breakthroughs are available.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

originally posted by: turbonium1

The astronauts don't need to be instrument technicians, in order to know if their instruments are working properly or not. They certainly need to know what instruments are on board, and where they are located.

you just said they do need to be instrument technicians..

just above you stated, if the VAB dosimeter fails they need to fix it.. why??

you claimed it was one of the most critical equipment on the craft, so if it failed all three astronaut must be VAB dosimeter technicians.. it must be repaired or else the mission will fail..

actually can you even explain why the VAB dosimeter must be operational at all times?? remember that the entire flight path has already been planned well before they even got into the rocket..

I said the astronauts are the only ones who could fix it, or at least TRY to fix it.

It is a critical piece of equipment, and potentially disastrous if it isn't functioning when near to, or within, the VAB

The crew would know every piece of equipment in their spacecraft.

They need to know all of their equipment, as their lives depend on it.

Something not working properly during the flight can be serious. Time is a huge factor, as well. A crew may have no time to ask Houston for help, perhaps.

Why would they NOT tell the crew about all of the equipment in their craft?

Oh, right, you said - because there is some equipment they don't NEED to know about!

No need to know about the VAB dosimeter, we can fly to the moon and back without it, anyway!

I guess they put it in the craft just for fun, or get some 'trivial' data, !?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   

So let's compare the two images, side-by-side..

No area is noticeably darker than the surrounding area in the two images, is it?

Either way, you have nothing to support your argument.

which image is more exposed?? and when editing into a panorama needs to have be darkened more to match the rest of the images??

or are you trying to tell me that both images are at the same brightness and need no editing to stitch them together to appear seamless??

I'm saying both images have no dark area. Your image has no dark area around the LM, so you have no case here.

But you already knew that, I'm sure.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Armstrong should have punched that moron.

well that wouldn't look good buzz already did that

Their extreme displays of rage don't exactly help your argument.

Just fyi.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Armstrong should have punched that moron.

well that wouldn't look good buzz already did that

Their extreme displays of rage don't exactly help your argument.

Just fyi.

that is the point i was making...go back and have a look.....

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Such intense emotion in Apollo astronauts has only one possible explanation - that they are all lying about going to the moon.

Anyone who did land on the moon would laugh at someone calling it a hoax.

Someone calling him a liar, and a thief, etc. is a personal attack, so it's normal to get ticked off here.

But it won't allow you to legally punch anyone, unless you're an Apollo 'naut, a god-like figure.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   

I said the astronauts are the only ones who could fix it, or at least TRY to fix it.

But they aren't the only ones who would know how to fix it. Providing they were given clear enough instructions, they would not need to know how it works, or even what it is for, in order to fix it.

It is a critical piece of equipment, and potentially disastrous if it isn't functioning when near to, or within, the VAB

Nonsense It is a piece of equipment that tells them how much an effect their extremely rapid transit through the edges of the VAB have already had in terms of radiation doses. The report you cited shows that the doses match those of the PRD, so they had back up. The only thing they could have done should radiation levels prove too high is to keep going as fast as possible to get past the VAB, which they were already doing anyway.

Feel free to produce any facts and figures that demonstrate the astronauts received a dangerous dose of radiation.

The important ones that they needed to know about

They need to know all of their equipment, as their lives depend on it. The VABD was fully automatic and needed on intervention from them and my guess is that they wouldn;t have been able to get at it anyway as it was built into the hull.

Something not working properly during the flight can be serious. Time is a huge factor, as well. A crew may have no time to ask Houston for help, perhaps.

Mostly because they are strapped into their seats travelling at high speed through the VAB with not much they could really do about it.

Prove they didn;t. Prove the crew didn't know about it.

Oh, right, you said - because there is some equipment they don't NEED to know about!

That's right, which is not the same as them not knowing about it.

No need to know about the VAB dosimeter, we can fly to the moon and back without it, anyway!

Yes. The VAB do not reach the moon and are passed through very quickly.

To get useful data of events that have just happened and send it to the ground or future information. Pay attention,
edit on 25-10-2014 by onebigmonkey because: parsing is such sweet sorrow

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Such intense emotion in Apollo astronauts has only one possible explanation - that they are all lying about going to the moon.

Or they find it annoying to be stalked by a moron and harrassed by them.

Anyone who did land on the moon would laugh at someone calling it a hoax.

They do. I've heard them do it in person. However if someone follows you all day, lies about the interview they are trying to do with you then calls you a liar repeatedly, they deserve a punch in the face.

Someone calling him a liar, and a thief, etc. is a personal attack, so it's normal to get ticked off here.

He did. That short clip is only part of long sequence of events.

But it won't allow you to legally punch anyone, unless you're an Apollo 'naut, a god-like figure.

Actually it does. The court case was dismissed on the grounds of provocation. Unlike the criminal conviction Sibrel earned for violent behaviour.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I mistook your point on Aldrin's punch, sorry about that.

The worst astronaut reaction - imo - was Ed Mitchell's

He kicked Sibrel in the butt, and then a bit later...

Assuming the camera was off, Mitchell and his son both made death threats to Sibrel.

The Apollo-ites say it was a harmless joke.

It doesn't seem like they are joking around,( as if a joke would ever justify it, in any way.)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Prove they didn;t. Prove the crew didn't know about it.

Alan Bean didn't know about the VAB, period, so that's obviously one who didn't know it.

Now - you have any proof that they DID know about it, or if even one of them knew about it?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:07 AM
link   

I mistook your point on Aldrin's punch, sorry about that.

Fair enough

The worst astronaut reaction - imo - was Ed Mitchell's

He kicked Sibrel in the butt, and then a bit later...

Assuming the camera was off, Mitchell and his son both made death threats to Sibrel.

You never threatened anyone with that? Knowing full well that if it came to to you wouldn't?

The Apollo-ites say it was a harmless joke.

It doesn't seem like they are joking around,( as if a joke would ever justify it, in any way.)

I don't claim it was a joke (I've not seen that particular footage), but what I do claim is that you need to see these things in context.

You risk your life doing something incredibly dangerous, then some idiot hounds you and claims you are a liar. Why would anyone tolerate that? I can think of very few people in the world who would not get angry, and I can think of many people who would punch someone in the face for far less (try going downtown on Friday night and calling someone a liar, see how you get on).

I think most of them have been remarkably restrained in the face of provocation. I think to make claims about how they would behave under such provocation is dishonest, as we all know how we would behave in such circumstances no matter how minded our morals.
edit on 25-10-2014 by onebigmonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Or they find it annoying to be stalked by a moron and harrassed by them.

Actually it does. The court case was dismissed on the grounds of provocation. Unlike the criminal conviction Sibrel earned for violent behaviour.

Mitchell was not stalked by Sibrel.

Sibrel paid Mitchell for an interview, and he went to Mitchell's house.

After Sibrel took up the hoax angle, Mitchell lost it. He kicked Sibrel, and issued the death threat, as his son also did.

Mitchell even had a moon hoax video in his machine, so he already knew about the hoax issue before this.

Nice try.

As for Aldrin's case, he only got away with it because he's a god-figure to you lot. You or I would never get away with it, and you know it.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:29 AM
link   

So let's compare the two images, side-by-side..

No area is noticeably darker than the surrounding area in the two images, is it?

Either way, you have nothing to support your argument.

which image is more exposed?? and when editing into a panorama needs to have be darkened more to match the rest of the images??

or are you trying to tell me that both images are at the same brightness and need no editing to stitch them together to appear seamless??

I'm saying both images have no dark area. Your image has no dark area around the LM, so you have no case here.

But you already knew that, I'm sure.

both images dont have a darker area like in the panorama due to not being edited.. even in the edited images you can see the brown tint under the LM.. get your eyes checked if you cant..

you were the one saying that the darker area next to the LM would be easily visible from space.. and now you are saying there is no darker area around the LM?? do you want to make up your mind first before commenting??

ive been telling you that the panorama has been post-edited so the dark area near the LM is more pronounced because the original was very washed out/bright/over-exposed..

edit on 25-10-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   

The astronauts don't need to be instrument technicians, in order to know if their instruments are working properly or not. They certainly need to know what instruments are on board, and where they are located.

you just said they do need to be instrument technicians..

just above you stated, if the VAB dosimeter fails they need to fix it.. why??

you claimed it was one of the most critical equipment on the craft, so if it failed all three astronaut must be VAB dosimeter technicians.. it must be repaired or else the mission will fail..

actually can you even explain why the VAB dosimeter must be operational at all times?? remember that the entire flight path has already been planned well before they even got into the rocket..

explain why it is a critical piece of equipment.. why would it be disastrous if the VA dosimeter suddenly stopped working? you havent explained this to me yet..

no they wouldnt.. they didnt make it, they were trained to PILOT it.. not trained to make it from scratch..

They need to know all of their equipment, as their lives depend on it.

no, they needed to know how to operate the NECESSARY controls

you act like ground control is there for looks.. again its no wonder you think its hoaxed.. you seem to be of the belief that ONLY the astronauts have to do everything themselves..

are you even aware of how much support was given to the apollo 13 crew??

because they had something more important to do.. like oh i dont know pilot the craft!!

they put it in the craft to monitor it for further information, ie. to see if it correlates well with the estimates and the personal dosimeters...

you really need to go learn about these things instead of assuming everything..
edit on 25-10-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I don't claim it was a joke (I've not seen that particular footage), but what I do claim is that you need to see these things in context.

You risk your life doing something incredibly dangerous, then some idiot hounds you and claims you are a liar. Why would anyone tolerate that? I can think of very few people in the world who would not get angry, and I can think of many people who would punch someone in the face for far less (try going downtown on Friday night and calling someone a liar, see how you get on).

I think most of them have been remarkably restrained in the face of provocation. I think to make claims about how they would behave under such provocation is dishonest, as we all know how we would behave in such circumstances no matter how minded our morals.

They are not a bit restrained, and it's clearly the opposite reaction.

If I landed on the moon, why would I care if someone claims that I didn't?

If this guy showed me footage he claims proves it was a hoax, it won't hold up. Because I knew it was real, I would also know he got it wrong.

And I would be quite happy to show him what is really going on in that footage, and he'd understand exactly why he got it all wrong.

Not the Apollo guys, who blow up over it. You should realize why this is not a normal reaction to have...

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 05:04 AM
link   

If I landed on the moon, why would I care if someone claims that I didn't?

thats your opinion..

why do you assume that everyone will act EXACTLY how you would??

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   
AS am interesting aside, I have just attended a presentation by Fred Haise, and very interesting it was too.

He made the point during a Q&A session that the only person who would know everything he needed to know about the Command Module would be the Command Module Pilot, as he might need to bring it home alone.

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

You're seeing a moment in time. Convicted violent criminal Bart Sibrel is a serial stalker and hounded these guys with his pointless publicity stunt. They did not blow up in an instant, it took hours of Sibrel being an annoying cock to get them to that point.

top topics

<< 331  332  333    335  336  337 >>

join