It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 298
<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

a reply to: choos
perhaps you understood why and can explain it to me?

how can you even consider yourself in any kind of position to defend the apollo manned landings when you choose to only accept evidence that is based upon a source that would of been a party to the hoax itself.

And you choose to accept 'evidence' that is based upon sources that are credible?? Smoke another one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, moon hoax theorists motives are narcissistic in nature, the actual truth has little or no value to them.

edit on 21-7-2014 by seabhac-rua because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2014 @ 05:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

indeed.. you should probably let him know, i mean he is all for the truth afterall, theres no way he would delete/hide/ignore your critique..

oh wait..

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

perhaps you understood why and can explain it to me?

how can you even consider yourself in any kind of position to defend the apollo manned landings when you choose to only accept evidence that is based upon a source that would of been a party to the hoax itself.

And you choose to accept 'evidence' that is based upon sources that are credible?? Smoke another one.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, moon hoax theorists motives are narcissistic in nature, the actual truth has little or no value to them.

I just always assumed they were gullible and ill informed. Its easy to spin things by people like Jara hoping to make money off others lack of knowledge in that area. I could convince someone of almost anything as long as you put in enough facts to make the swallow the rest peoples imaginations will take over and fill in the blanks.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

The funny thing is that in the comments on Jarrah's latest video, in which he makes a mathematical screw-up that is pretty breathtaking even by his standards, his followers are ignoring or dismissing the comments that point it out. As though the fact that his calculations, which are the SOLE POINT of the video, are out by a factor of more than five thousand is merely a quibble or a distraction.

Just in case you missed it:

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Rob48

Well now we know why Jara believes radiation is lethal he cant do math. So how in the world would we expect him to understand radiation tables.

posted on Jul, 24 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

There's a whole other thread on this foolishness.

By the way, Jarrah's claimed radiation dose for the Apollo crew is equivalent to standing directly underneath one Hiroshima bomb every four minutes. And this apparently didn't lead him to think he might have made a boo-boo.

posted on Jul, 25 2014 @ 02:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Rob48

There's a whole other thread on this foolishness.

By the way, Jarrah's claimed radiation dose for the Apollo crew is equivalent to standing directly underneath one Hiroshima bomb every four minutes. And this apparently didn't lead him to think he might have made a boo-boo.

Problem is people dont look at something closely if they want to believe it. Same reason when people hear this outrageous stuff they have to want to believe than they dont question the facts. We see it all the time you can show someone information and show why the point is wrong and they still choose to ignore it. Bottom line is they want to believe and nothing will change there minds. Thats why i usually just try to point out when the make a mistake its not about changing their minds wont happen. Its about making sure someone who is curious at least gets all the information before they make up their mind. Alot of our moon hoax believers in here are way to far gone and others i expect dont believe what they say they just like attention and like arguing.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Thats why i usually just try to point out when the make a mistake its not about changing their minds wont happen.

I agree. We should always let the readers decide.
\
I don't come here to change your mind Dragonridr! I simplly don't care what you believe. What I'm really interested in is giving information to the reader so that the reader can come to their own conclusions. I hope that the reader has better analytical faculties than either you or I.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SayonaraJupiter

Thats why i usually just try to point out when the make a mistake its not about changing their minds wont happen.

I agree. We should always let the readers decide.
\
I don't come here to change your mind Dragonridr! I simplly don't care what you believe. What I'm really interested in is giving information to the reader so that the reader can come to their own conclusions. I hope that the reader has better analytical faculties than either you or I.

My suggestion is you start posting evidence instead of wild theories on Nixon than and only than are you trying to inform people. If you keep putting up post after ppost of fantasy that is called misinformation or maybe even deception. Heres a challenge find one scientist that says its impossible to the moon. Anyone who understands science knows the homework was done the equipment works and it wasnt faked. The problem is people like Jara who use gullibility to make money. People like the idea of a conspiracy and choose to believe. The sad part is If people don't think we were able to go to the moon don't believe in the ingenuity of human achievement. Going to the moon and returning astronauts safely back to Earth is arguably one of the most profound achievements in human history, and so when people simply believe it was a hoax, they lose out on that shared experience and cant sure in the pride for all we know we could be the only species in the galaxy to leave their planet. If not ill say its a very short list.

posted on Jul, 26 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The moon hoax theory fits in neatly with the growing "the government are liars", "chemtrails", "false flag" etc worldview.

I think that's it is a mistake to assume that a lot of people, esp here on ATS, are going to judge this subject rationally.

The problem, IMO, is that people inherently look for information that supports their stance.

Subjects like the moon hoax(and others) separate the wheat from the chaff as far as I'm concerned, the material is there to be studied, if a person takes the time they will come to a rational conclusion, but the misanthrope in me knows that most won't.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: seabhac-rua

The moon hoax theory fits in neatly with the growing "the government are liars", "chemtrails", "false flag" etc worldview.

I think that's it is a mistake to assume that a lot of people, esp here on ATS, are going to judge this subject rationally.

The problem, IMO, is that people inherently look for information that supports their stance.

Subjects like the moon hoax(and others) separate the wheat from the chaff as far as I'm concerned, the material is there to be studied, if a person takes the time they will come to a rational conclusion, but the misanthrope in me knows that most won't.

Hey im skeptical of almost everything but always look at the facts before jumping to conclusions. For example i have some problems with events on 9/11 even i believe it was the Saudis all the evidence leads you there. But when it comes to the moon hoax there is just overwhelming evidence that we went to the moon this is no longer about just distrust in the government this is something entirely different. This is almost like an attempt to alter history for a very nefarious purpose. Me being paranoid but i have noticed major attempts to rewrite history has started in many areas not just the moon landings. And oddly the internet is helping this phenomenon.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
oddly the internet is helping this phenomenon.

I have theories about this.

While the internet has been a great liberator of information, it has also given a platform to idiots, charlatans and liars that was previously not there.

On a computer monitor the opinions of a moron have exactly the same appearance as an expert with lots of experience and knowledge. When the moron's views don't challenge those of the reader, and re-inforce the prejudices already held by the reader then people are likely to pick the words they agree with rather than the more challenging world of numbers, data and objective analysis.

In addition to this they get to feel special because someone on the internet has told them that they are privy to some grand secret and are now part of an exclusive club of warriors against the establishment. People with very little going for them get to feel that they are important and part of something. It gives them a sense of power (however illusory) that they never had.

I think we all go through a phase in our adolescent years of challenging authority and the accepted state of things, and of feeling that something is going on that we don't know about and from which we are being excluded. It's much easier to deal with being nobody and not having any of the cool stuff that other people seem to have if you think there is a grand plan to keep you in your place by some shadowy group of hidden oppressors.

Most of us mature enough to realise that we aren't the centre of the universe, don't know everything, and that sometimes things are as they are because that's how they are rather than as a result of some kind of evil design.

Believing Apollo was hoaxed is, in my view, an issue to do with immaturity and lack of cognitive development, not righteous indignation and challenging hegemony.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:08 AM
link   
a reply to: onebigmonkey

I dont think you can fully judge Moon hoax theorist without looking at their positive qualities ..they have a long tradition of existence in the community & are sensible individuals,,,since a hoax is the only reasonable explanation.......

The Hoax cannot be undone by any craft that the propagandists possess.

Man must be taken towards the lunar expanse and cast upon the surface from whence it nefariously claimed,,Only there can it be unmade.

posted on Jul, 27 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   

a reply to: onebigmonkey

I dont think you can fully judge Moon hoax theorist without looking at their positive qualities ..

I have yet to find any.

they have a long tradition of existence in the community

Only if they set foot outside their mom's basement.

& are sensible individuals,,,since a hoax is the only reasonable explanation.......

Oxymoron.

The Hoax cannot be undone by any craft that the propagandists possess.

Man must be taken towards the lunar expanse and cast upon the surface from whence it nefariously claimed,,Only there can it be unmade.

Gibberish.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: seabhac-rua

You are too judgmental.

The Russian Glass Ceiling is at 475km altitude. Fact. Nothing you can do to change that. The CEO of space adventure says he can take a Soyuz on a circumlunar flight.

If Putin could send a Soyuz around the moon don't you think he'd send Pussy Riot to the moon?? He'd love to get rid of them
What a publicity stunt! First women to orbit the moon... would be Russians...

Reasons: It would embarrass Obama/USA. The SLS is at least 3 years away...
Reasons: It would escalate the moon race with Russian "presence" in lunar vicinity.
Reasons: It would enhance Putin's image as "Conqueror" and we know Putin is obsessed with his legacy, like Nixon was.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

a reply to: seabhac-rua

You are too judgmental.

The Russian Glass Ceiling is at 475km altitude. Fact. Nothing you can do to change that. The CEO of space adventure says he can take a Soyuz on a circumlunar flight.

If Putin could send a Soyuz around the moon don't you think he'd send Pussy Riot to the moon?? He'd love to get rid of them
What a publicity stunt! First women to orbit the moon... would be Russians...

Reasons: It would embarrass Obama/USA. The SLS is at least 3 years away...
Reasons: It would escalate the moon race with Russian "presence" in lunar vicinity.
Reasons: It would enhance Putin's image as "Conqueror" and we know Putin is obsessed with his legacy, like Nixon was.

No hed more than likely want to send them to the bottom of the ocean with or without a sub. Wouldnt want to give someone opposed to your policies free publicity.

posted on Jul, 29 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Not a fact. No such thing. You've made it up. If it was a fact the CEO would not be saying he could take a Soyuz on a circumlunar flight.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey

Not a fact. No such thing. You've made it up. If it was a fact the CEO would not be saying he could take a Soyuz on a circumlunar flight.

What happened next ? Roscosmos cancelled the Space Adventures mission over a month ago. Didn't you know that?

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: SayonaraJupiter

You were the one that brought it up.

Stop moving your owm goalposts and find some proof of something tangible.

posted on Aug, 2 2014 @ 01:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

I think he is playing with semantics and saying that GCR may not be a major concern for short missions, but is still a concern

However, obviously any increase in radiation exposure risk (even when that risk is minimal) should still be a concern. People who are involved in space physiology would not be doing their jobs if they said there is no concern at all, because that would be false. But having said that, a minor increase in risk may be lead to a minor enough concern, but still fall within the acceptable risk assessment levels.

What I'm saying is that the astronauts and NASA knew that the astronauts would experience a slightly high risk of damage due to radiation, but that risk would be minimal because of shortened exposure times. The astronaut (most of them who previously held the even more dangerous job of test pilot) were willing to accept that minor radiation risk.

GCR is a concern on short-term missions, that's my basic point here.

This paper doesn't discuss any of the MOST SEVERE TYPES of radiation. Your side tries to ignore that problem.

Aluminum is another big problem, for sure.

top topics

<< 295  296  297    299  300  301 >>

join