It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabhac-rua

I get you.

I like to keep an open mind. No specific reason or argument...just a hunch. Just to be weary...

Authority makes me uneasy

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I get you.

I like to keep an open mind. No specific reason or argument...just a hunch. Just to be weary...

Authority makes me uneasy

Yes, you are right.

I urge anyone seriously interested in the Apollo program to do real research from an unbiased standpoint, the conclusions they will come to are obvious.

Not trusting authority is a good thing, but this subject is not about trusting authority, as many HB's claim, it is about the evaluation of the mountain of data available, from multiple sources, to the researcher.

Keep an open mind but never willfully dwell in ignorance.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I wont dispute the evidence or the hoax.

It's something else. I feel as if maybe there is more to the story. Just that. That maybe not all parts of the picture are revealed. But I like to indulge myself in fantasies...so I could be wrong.

Just the notion that even if they did know or have seen/done something...would it be disclosed publicly? Surely implications of some kind of discovery would be considered from many angles by holders of such information. Knowledge is power.

Back to that uneasy feeling...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I wish people would stop with the moon hoax thing. It was not a hoax. MY dad worked for NASA and was very involved with the program. So did thousands of others.
Besides that, they faked it multiple times, really?

To name a few:
They faked it (Apollo 8 lunar orbit)
They faked it again (Apollo 9 earth orbital demonstration of CSM, LM, and Portable Life Support System used on the lunar surface)
They faked it again (Apollo 10 Dress rehearsal for first lunar landing; flew LM down to 50,000 feet from lunar surface)
They faked a landing (Apollo 11)
They faked another landing (Apollo 12)
They faked one not working out well, just for good measure (Apollo 13)
Then they faked it again, this time with sucess (Apollo 14)
And again (Apollo 15)
And again (Apollo 16)
And again. (Apollo 17)

Come on people. Give it a rest already. You're insulting the real heros that did this feat and the ones that died in the process, both early test pilots and the crew of Apollo 1 who died on the pad in a fire.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
Oh, and going along with the OP, I was watching a football game and they showed some clips of the moon landing to I guess bolster patriotism or something, but the clips were of the flag waving in the wind. I was like wtf they are either trying to hint at the fakery on national television or trying to legitimize the flag waving as perfectly natural.

I really hope you aren't this stupid. For someone with such a loud voice and opinion, you really are uneducated. You should do a little reading on the matter, even from a conspiracy theorist's viewpoint.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarioOnTheFly

I wont dispute the evidence or the hoax.

It's something else. I feel as if maybe there is more to the story. Just that. That maybe not all parts of the picture are revealed. But I like to indulge myself in fantasies...so I could be wrong.

Just the notion that even if they did know or have seen/done something...would it be disclosed publicly? Surely implications of some kind of discovery would be considered from many angles by holders of such information. Knowledge is power.

Back to that uneasy feeling...

I wouldn't dispute that angle with you at all. There has been much speculation as to whether they encountered anything unexpected up there, and Aldrin himself has gone on record to say that some unknown object accompanied Apollo 11 for a while on it's way to the moon, so......

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
I believe they went to the moon. But more often that the said they did. Think about it. What is it we need most in this world? Energy. The moon's surface is jammed packed with Helium 3. Do you think they haven't tapped that resource yet?

A little brain candy -- Any body ever watched "The Greatest Story Ever Denied. 2 - Moon Rising"

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by XLR8R

Wasn't Helium 3 the background story for that movie Moon...it was directed by Bowie's son?

Nice movie

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   

You mean the SLA panel? Not really unknown.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

And Buzz certainly does have a round-about way in getting to the point of his story. It wasn't until the final second of that video when someone pointed out [paraphrasing]"you saw the SLA panel" that Buzz said "yeah".

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

I wouldn't mind listening to any story he has to tell.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Including the SLA panel story?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

I haven't seen that movie yet. I'll have to check it out.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm wondering why we had to fake a landing on the moon when there's currently a robot on Mars streaming footage back to NASA? How did we snap pictures of the flag on the moon if we'd never actually been to the moon? Honestly, is it so hard to believe we're able to make it to the moon?

Why would people even want to believe that the moon landing was faked? Seriously, I doubt we had anything but the technology to actually do it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

I hadn't seen that. Well that's one piece of UFO lore for the bin. Thanks for posting.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
As with all moon landing 'hoax' threads, Ill ask my question, and wait for the answer that will never come:

If we havent been to the moon, how can we reflect lazers, from earth, off of the reflective surfaces that were left behind?

I wont hold my breath for an answer.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It makes sense that they would employ the most accurate simulation possible. After all, there wasn't room for a screw-up on this mission.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
It would be easy enough to verify. The props shouldn't be a perfect match to the moonlanding footage. If they arent, then they were either smart enough to use one set of props for public display and another for the fakery, or the props are different from what we see in the footage, because in the footage Apollo is touching down on the moon.

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
As with all moon landing 'hoax' threads, Ill ask my question, and wait for the answer that will never come:

If we havent been to the moon, how can we reflect lazers, from earth, off of the reflective surfaces that were left behind?

I wont hold my breath for an answer.

You can reflect lasers off the moon itself and the Russians set up Mirrors too with the Lukhold Robots, which one could argue is a superior achievement over sending men to the moon. There are better arguments to make the case that it wasnt faked, like aerial pictures of the landing site, the fact that the position of Apollo was easily enough traceable with 2 sets of radios.
edit on 27-11-2012 by Merinda because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ppk55

I watched the simulation and what do I see next to the Moon.......STARS.

What do these three clowns say in the most sad press interview after returning from the moon...".no, we do not recall to see any stars".

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by fenceSitter
Can someone please give me a feasible explanation as to why they would fake the moon landings? I just don't understand why they would go through that much trouble to fake it.

I watched the moon landing on TV. I promise you, the special effects of that time were so poor that it would have been obvious if it were faked.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join