It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might be you (If you don't prep)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Here's the 6 words 99.9% of Preppies don't seem to understand:

"YOU HAVE TO DIE OF SOMETHING!!!"

At some point you're gonna die. that's a fact. And it will be of something or other, and that's a fact. So personally I would love to go in a balls to the walls desperate SHTF scenario than dying of old age in a nursing home with someone feeding me and whipping my butt and reminding me what day of the week it is and helping me to get out of bed once a day. The bible says "to live is Christ and to die is gain". Death should not at all be feared! And if you somehow end up in some crazy apocalypse and you just can't make it, well no problem, that's how you were meant to go. And as long as you know your maker THEN YOU'RE FINE! That's all there is too it. Besides, the average joe will last 6 months. The average preppy will last 2 years. What's the difference. The person who has the truest chance of survival is the one most prepared mentally and with skills and knowledge, not preps. You can always get preps if you have skills and knowledge. Without skills your left impotent holding a soft wee wee. So again, "YOU HAVE TO DIE OF SOMETHING!" Isn't that a freeing statement in life??? It feels good to know you're gonna die of something. Who knows what; but something. That's all there is too it. So forget prepping, if you die if the shtf so be it. You have to die of somthing.

edit on 26-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

Quoting the bible? really? I should not bother responding, but let's see if you can "get it".

Prepping is not limited to apocalyptic scenarios, fear and obsession with this physical life. Prepping is a lifestyle that includes self-sustainable practices, community life, learning of new skills and communion with nature. It's about breaking away from governments, corporations, banks and industries. Some of us live in ruthless countries with less than a 1/4 of the commodities you have. Some of us have been very close to death and are not afraid of it.

You obviously have no idea what it is to starve, poverty or crime.

Prepping is finding quicker, more creative solutions to problems before they happen. You want to call it thanatophobia, lack of faith, paranoia? Be my guest.

I "pray" rationing is nothing you have to see in your towns and neighborhoods and that you can keep laughing at all the boys and girls who cry "wolf" in less fortunate parts of the world. I suggest traveling.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sure I'm not reading every post here,

Have to say to you NON prepper's - you are a hazard to those that have done so..................

Remember that when SHTF, your life will depend on it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Try to gain a little perspective here. Don't think of prepping as preparing for an extreme event.

From the posts above I get the impression some people think prepping is for when the apocalypse comes and stays forever. Prepping is not about surviving long term with nothing. It's about bridging a temporary gap in the supply chain. If you have a pantry full of food, you don't need to worry about a disruption. You can let other people freak out and raid the grocery stores.

A good example is Sandy. Here people are still without power weeks later. But if you had a generator and a tank of fuel, you could keep your fridges cold and your lights on, even of you ration. If your water system goes offline and you have a hot tub full of clean water, you don't have to worry about dehydration. Since my water system is on a well it requires power.

I was without power twice two years in a row for two weeks at a time a few years ago just because the Arctic Express rolled through here and took out some power poles. If I had been a prepper then, I could have got through that with a snear. Now, I can, complete with hot showers every night.

It's a matter of degree. If you have a spare box of kleenex in your cupboard, you're a prepper. Try to think of it in those terms.

edit on 11/26/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by zroth

there are a dozen types of grass, in my state, that will totally sustain a human.

look into that. you have internet access.

thanks for sharing. peace

You should try it for a week just to see if there's any substance to the claim.
I'll send you a whopper while in the ICU.

I've been on grass juice fasts for several days. No need for a whopper, the OP wants to live not die.

I'm not saying to eat lawn, simply to look into river grasses and other indigenous types of grass.

Use some critical thinking. What are the biggest and strongest animals on the planet? What is the primary makeup of their diet?

Grasses have all of the amino acids required to make a protein in your body. Basic science.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join