It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This might be you (If you don't prep)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
This is happening as we speak in my lovely 3rd world homeland, which is slowly turning into a dictatorship with insane laws and imminent economic collapse.

This is what food rationing looks like in "peaceful" times. Don't think that this can't happen to your area of the world. Be smart and don't let your family go through this kind of humiliation by TPTB and start prepping NOW!

edit on 26-11-2012 by lupodigubbio because: vid error

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   
there is a plentiful food source that most dont even consider - people.

we wont go hungry, there is plenty of food running around.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf10
there is a plentiful food source that most dont even consider - people.

we wont go hungry, there is plenty of food running around.

I would rather stock up food before i consider eating my fellow man!
edit on 26/11/2012 by DeyTookErJeobs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

Too stringy.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
In a perfect world we all could prep. But I think we are being set-up by our
over-seers. Our economy is poor and jobs are scarce. People are on food stamps
and government dole. There is no surplus income for most people. Prepping requires
excess income and people are living week to week and day to day. To further
compound the problem we have willingly jammed ourselves into big cities where
there is no resource of water or food. I think the best preparation one could make
is to move into a rural area where land is available to cultivate and lakes and streams
provide water...but this is not feasible for 99% of us. If the SHTF those in major cities
like NY are doomed to scenes like this one.

If you look at the guys in the back of the truck handing out the food you can see how
power over others is corrupting. Instead of passing out the food quickly (there is no way
to pass it out equally) they slowly dangle and tease, enticing and denying, and then in
their infinite wisdom and judgment hand out the food randomly anyway.

This just makes the crowd more tense. They should have just tossed out the bags quickly
and efficiently and been done with it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by lupodigubbio

Here's the 6 words 99.9% of Preppies don't seem to understand:

"YOU HAVE TO DIE OF SOMETHING!!!"

At some point you're gonna die. that's a fact. And it will be of something or other, and that's a fact. So personally I would love to go in a balls to the walls desperate SHTF scenario than dying of old age in a nursing home with someone feeding me and whipping my butt and reminding me what day of the week it is and helping me to get out of bed once a day. The bible says "to live is Christ and to die is gain". Death should not at all be feared! And if you somehow end up in some crazy apocalypse and you just can't make it, well no problem, that's how you were meant to go. And as long as you know your maker THEN YOU'RE FINE! That's all there is too it. Besides, the average joe will last 6 months. The average preppy will last 2 years. What's the difference. The person who has the truest chance of survival is the one most prepared mentally and with skills and knowledge, not preps. You can always get preps if you have skills and knowledge. Without skills your left impotent holding a soft wee wee. So again, "YOU HAVE TO DIE OF SOMETHING!" Isn't that a freeing statement in life??? It feels good to know you're gonna die of something. Who knows what; but something. That's all there is too it. So forget prepping, if you die if the shtf so be it. You have to die of somthing.

edit on 26-11-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
I love preppers purely for the laugh they give me each morning when I see threads like this.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:03 AM
link   
prep for what?

I'd rather live. Im alive and well right now. I think I will enjoy it, rather than run around and worry about living underground in a shipping container for a disaster that might happen.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Things will not be pretty because almost no one will prep; maybe 10% will have some meaningful prepping. The preppers should remember that things will be very tough. The survivors will envy the dead. Nonetheless, it is better to survive and learn the lessens that will be thrust upon us. Humanity is about to refocus, in a very abrupt way and that is an excellent learning experience. It won't be fun and challenges will be immense but it is not the end of the world, just the world as we know it. You need to be prepared before March 2013 because everyone on the planet, will realize by then that there is something very wrong. The instructions remain the same. Get at least 250 miles from the ocean, at least 650' above sea level, shelter that can withstand high winds, food and supplies for as long a period as you can manage, get out of the cities by at least 200 miles, have a plan to deal with human waste, purifying water, cooking and protection from severe weather. The more people that prepare the better because there will be many virtual basket cases that need help. Make no mistake, we are required to help and share with others. Guns are to be used for protection from gangs and other bad guys and must not be used against the helpless. We must not be like TPTB, we must care. I would rather die being my brothers keeper than live and drive the needy from my door. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by rollsthepaul

Please explain what will happen.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
there are a dozen types of grass, in my state, that will totally sustain a human.

look into that. you have internet access.

thanks for sharing. peace

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Don't tell me this is happening on my favorite island in the Caribbean!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I tried to prep....

But my sister ate all the food.

edit on 26-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by zroth

there are a dozen types of grass, in my state, that will totally sustain a human.

You should try it for a week just to see if there's any substance to the claim.
I'll send you a whopper while in the ICU.

@OP - this is the Dominican Republic? What's going on to make food so scarce people are fighting over bags of rice? I heard many laughing about it but it looked pretty sad to me seeing little girls of 6 or 7 trying to fight their way in to get near the truck.

We laugh and think this can never happen to us.
Read history, it repeats itself and yes, this could be you.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
You can do a lot even in the city. Check this guy out: urbanhomestead.org...

While I havn't yet turned my whole backyard into a zoo/garden, I'm headed that way. Water collection and filtration, vegitables, eggs, solar power...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It looks more like electioneering going on in that video rather than food rationing, more like some political party handing out freebies during election season. I didn't see anyone there that looked to be on the verge of starvation, and others that appear to have not missed a meal in the past decade or so. I've been with politically active friends during visits to campos handing out T-shirts and food packages and it looks about the same with people fighting over grabs but mostly having a good time. A lot of laughter and smiling faces in that video.

It doesn't hurt to be a little prepared. It doesn't take the end of the world to have a week-long power blackout, banks and ATM's to go offline, or somehow have services interrupted for awhile. Having a few extra rolls of TP, a little extra food, some candles and flashlights, and/or a few bucks put aside in a cookie jar doesn't take much to have put aside at the ready. Telling yourself otherwise is like those who say they can't find 15 minutes a day to study or exercise - in only rare cases is that really the truth.

Some preppers may have six concealable handguns, seven hunting knives, a Jeep or Hummer in the driveway for the express purpose of making a vanishing getaway to nowhere, and a bug-out-bag fit for an excursion to Mars. I may never be quite that "prepared." All of that seems more of a fashion statement to me, but there really is little reason to not be prepared for a few minor unforeseen occurrences. Do you all at least carry an extra coat or blanket in the trunk of your car in case of a breakdown in middle of the night?

There is no shame being ready for something happening out of the ordinary. What is the difference in being a "preppie" and being someone that maybe has a little extra sense?

edit on 26-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

I prefer not to die of hunger, I prefer not to die of ignorance, I prefer not to die unprepared.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   
A week or so ago a local church gave out complete Thanksgiving dinners. You wouldn't believe the line of cars and when they ran out the people went bezerk. People getting however much they asked for and selling it within a block. Cars parked in the middle of the street and people pushing for the door. Police told them this was their last year because it was so bad.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

Originally posted by zroth

You should try it for a week just to see if there's any substance to the claim.
I'll send you a whopper while in the ICU.

@OP - this is the Dominican Republic? What's going on to make food so scarce people are fighting over bags of rice? I heard many laughing about it but it looked pretty sad to me seeing little girls of 6 or 7 trying to fight their way in to get near the truck.

We laugh and think this can never happen to us.
Read history, it repeats itself and yes, this could be you.

Yes, this is in the Dominican Republic and it's happening because of rising prices and food scarcity to keep the populace less angry. I live in an country where pretty much everyone is a survivalist by nature. We have 12-18 hour blackouts almost every day, have one of the most corrupt governments in the world and we share the island with Haiti, one of the poorest countries in the world and guess where they are coming when they finally destroy the little resources they have left?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Is it just me or do the woman in that video seem really well fed !!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join