It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girlfriend Rant... :O

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
lmao.... ta for a good laugh ... 5 rules of relationships 1. Confidence 2. Romantic 3. Honesty 4 know when its time to walk away and not look back.... 5. large quantities of alcohol work wonders for curing a broken heart...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Wide-Eyes

I wasn't that bad! At least... I don't think so

Quality tune by the way. Haven't heard that in years

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Awesome rant but I feel I shouldn't touch this with my ten foot pole ...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Timely

I will do you a big favor,I will pretend that I didn't read that post.
Remember the soup nazi from Seinfeld? Consider me the cookie
nazi,no cookies for you!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcellante

Haha been there, except in my case I got called an a**hole, stuck up, cold hearted and selfish.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

so i take it you have not dated any women, thus ur opinion on the matter is moot. see here on ats everybody loves proof, since you have no proof that you have experienced the pains of men dealing with unstable women your judgment is that of a troll that only wants to provoke a response of others to fulfill a need in your life that is lacking, i hope the best for you, and hope your blind judgments do not hinder the rest of your days here in the wonderful place we call earth. and i hope you do get ur own account here, it will prevent you from hiding behind that purple striped cat. unless your confidence level is not up to the challenge? one cannot hope to have there opinion respected if they cant even be themselves in a public domain as themselves. what say you?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
One of the many scenarios I cannot seem to understand:

We're sitting there and as usual she's watching her stupid TV shows and I'm there physically but mentally I'm on another planet. She notices and asks me a random question...

Her: "Do you think she's hot?".
Me: "Uh who?"
(She points at the screen..Random female celeb, As usual I'm not impressed).
Me: (Laughs*), NO!
Her: Why not?
Me: She's not my type (Beating around the bush)
Her: Tell me why?
Me: (Goes at it, on and on and on and on*)
Her: I think she's pretty.
Me: (thinking to myself* well good for you!!!) I think you're much hotter hun.
Her: really? (Smiles*) so if you had to choose between the two of us, it would be me?
Me: Yeah of course (Feeling romantic*), to me you're the most beautiful girl in the world, I couldn't care what anyone else says or thinks.
Her: OK..I'm getting sleepy now, think it's time you left?
Me: Really? Ok...

So I leave and after 10 minutes she calls me crying, saying I cant believe you said that. Do you think I'm ugly or something?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Might raise a few eyebrows with this post, but meh...
Yes, there are a lot more men out there, single and perhaps too whiney for some women, but perhaps some insight is needed into why.
As women we started out demanding equality. That became not enough, so we sought out to dominate society and we are still seeking ways to do it at every turn. Look what we have now? Society is in a complete shambles and there are just as many broken homes from screwed up women as men. We aimed to take over in a male dominated society so of course you are going to come across males who have taken the role of a submissive to all this feminism floating around.
It all started out as a good idea, but now it's exploded in our face.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Proof of what many of the pick up artists on the web have been saying for years.

Women don't know what they want but they know it when they see it.
And when they see a man that acts like a MAN they will circle him like sharks in a feeding frenzy.

Wussy behavior is not sexy. Manly behavior is.
Alpha male traits.

Confident
Humorous
Dominant
Passionate
etc

If you don't act this way. No woman will want to be with you.

Spoon boy: Do not try and bend the spoon. That's impossible. Instead... only try to realize the truth.

Neo: What truth?

Spoon boy: There is no spoon.

Neo: There is no spoon?

Spoon boy: Then you'll see, that it is not the spoon that bends, it is only yourself.

Time to realize the truth.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
LOL at the suggestion of stop having low self of esteem...

That is like saying stop being depressed, or stop being anorexic or stop have OCD!!! It not that simple to just stop, you cant wake up one day and just decide to have better self worth... or decide tomorrow is the day im gonna get better, clearly the poster has never had low self esteem or confidence...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I love your gf!!

She speaks what I feel about the constant female bashing on here. It makes me mad when I see it. These men are jaded and bitter and blame the entire female race for their problems. They dont even bother to think it's THEM!

She is DEAD ON ACCURATE!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
You go, girlfriend! Uh, I mean OP's girlfriend!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow

besides the whiney insecure chic scenario WHAT happened to GSP's pretty little face :O

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSnow
uh relationships are two ways ya know...

You love the negativity and you love the complaining and probably all of the sympathy and whatever else comes along with your pity party.

You know why I'm single? cause my x girlfriend (and the last 5 I've dated, consecutively) is exactly as you described. Seeking attention for the smallest of things, whining all the time about what I do and who I hang around with. Shopping with her eyes closed for items that will be worn anywhere from 1 week to 2 months max (what a waste of cash), complaining when I go clubbing and when I drink or smoke, telling me to stop training cause I'm getting too big....then complaining a few months later that I've lost too much weight....WHAT THE HELL DOES IT TAKE TO PLEASE THEM?

Um did you ever think that maybe the type of women you look for is the problem?!!?
You probably don't even realize it!
edit on 11/26/2012 by mblahnikluver because: grammar Nazi'd myself

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

Love the Albert "Selleck" avatar. (if albert einstein and tom selleck had a love child that is what he would look like)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This was a fun thread. The best was the post of the whiny girl, which could just as easily have been a whiny guy. I'm sorry the talent pool both sexes seem to be frequenting is so shallow and immature. You could both tell stories about each other for hundreds of hours, I'm sure.

You've posted some real truths here. I'm not complaining. But I am an old guy with a long term marriage and seven grandchildren, so I know it can be done. The best advice I could give with the benefit of hindsight is to not try so hard. Do your own thing and follow your own dreams and the realtionship--the good one--will come.
edit on 11/26/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Carlos Conditt.........(UFC154 more than a week ago.)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The idea that one size fits all doesn't work when it comes to relationships. Relationships are as unique as snow flakes are all different. I always laugh when I see lists of attributes of what real men or real women should be. Excuse my humor but it is like trying to put square pegs into round holes. Relationships are always in flux no matter how stable they appear. Things change and what first drew us to the other may not be so enduring.

Modern attitudes have changed the "rules" and they are not the same. Some women might still want the knight in shining armor while others want a husband who will stay at home and take care of the kids while they pursue their career. The global popularity of romance novels would seem to indicate there is a great interest in experiencing "romantic love." A common thought is the idea that the more you have in common the more likely your relationship will work. Dating sites advertise that they screen based on that criteria. However research has shown that people with little in common can still have very successful relationships.

So what is the secret? In my humble opinion, relationship have the best chance of survival when both partners are unselfish. If you are unselfish you are willing to sacrifice and compromise. You are more likely to accept the other person for who they are and just the way they are. You are not a doormat nor are you a smothering blanket. Do not enter into relationships where you experience either one. Those initial endorphins will wear off at some point and you better have more than just a good orgasm.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I generaly leave work, beat my chest, make animalistic sounds, go to hunt flowers (they can be slippery little critters to track), forget them in the car, slaughter beast, light fire, await woman to cook, eat, await woman to run bath and finish dishes, remember flowers, but now I'm full and can't be ars*d to move. Make to look interested in that "really cute" cat video. Offer tea as I pour my scotch (sometimes get caught out with the yes answer). Look interested as she tells about her last dream and the kids she teaches. Tell her some really cool stuff that happened at work. Offer back rub in bath (more chance of sex that way) Go onto ATS discuss some really cool ideas (ignore when she's wrong). Watch another sodding cat video. But best of all cuddle up smell her love her and fall asleep with her in my arms.

Does this qualify as a man or a mouse ?

If the answer was mouse get back in kitchen and wash that floor woman

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Here's the problem with people in general:

SUPERFICIAL DEAL-BREAKERS

Not very many of us are mature enough to look past such a thing.

IDC what anyone says about relationships: between lack of communication and the above, accounts for why people have problems in the wonderful world of relationships.

My advice to the guys out their - date an average looking woman you get along with. In 50 years looks will not matter...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join