It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For $8.00 An Hour A Walmart Employee Will Kill Your ***

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
I just read about these two employees from walmart attempting to stop a shoplifter. The shoplifter was killed in the process. I do not condone shoplifting however,it is sad that someone lost their life over material things. I also wonder what will happen to the employees since Walmart through them under the bus.

Alleged Walmart thief dies after confrontation

He exited the front door of the store and three employees caught him in the parking lot, where a physical altercation took place while they detained him.

When police arrived, they found the employees on top of the man. The officer put the man in handcuffs and said he noticed there was no resistance from him.

The officer had the employees get off the man, and noticed the man was unresponsive and bleeding from his nose and mouth.

Paramedics came and transported the man to DeKalb Medical-Hillandale Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
www.wsbtv.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   
That's weird!
I don't see how they killed him.

edit on 26-11-2012 by wrksstudios because: Boo!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I've worked in customer service before, it's never worth it to try an stop a shoplifter case and point your OP...

Poor shoplifter tried to go " Rambo " for no reason and paid the ultimate price, sucks

He stole something from Wal Mart.... That's not worth dying for.

SS
edit on 123030p://am3047 by Spike Spiegle because: added text

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I've worked in customer service before, it's never worth it to try an stop a shoplifter case and point your OP...

Poor guy tried to go " Rambo " for no reason and paid the ultimate price, sucks

SS

Especially when the company you work for covers their butt by saying that the employees violated company policy. Where was the manager?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Unfortunately, it's that time of year, when shoplifting is at its highest. I just hope nobody else gets killed.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Cropper because: Unfinished post

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

if they were sat on top of him , then i think that he probably suffocated .

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   
for those loss prevention guys that's just training for their police careers. it'll probably look good on their resumes.

i bet all 3 were offered a job.

shoplifting is not a capital offence in america. in saudi arabia probably.

it's nice to know three murderers are walking the streets now.

3 against one unarmed man is not even self defence. unless you're in the law enforcement field.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Shoplifting is not worth a human life.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by wrksstudios
That's weird!

edit on 26-11-2012 by wrksstudios because: Boo!
I think the combined weight of the 3 employees on top of the perp suffocated him maybe.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   

That's weird!

He probably had something to eat from their Walmart deli before the altercation

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

That's weird!

He probably had something to eat from their Walmart deli before the altercation
In that case its suicide not murder

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

better yet the shop lifter could have been a "Target" Company spy and took "poison pills" so he doesn't get interrogated.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

edit on 26-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
This happened in the area I live in and it doesn't surprise me a bit. To me this just reads like another day in the metro Atlanta area.

When I worked for Wal Mart here, years ago, as a manager, we could not keep loss prevention employees because of the fact that they had to follow protocols about violence, and the people they were trying to arrest did not have to. It was not unusual at all for our LP people to end their day bruised and bloodied.

There are very stringent rules at Wal Mart about who is allowed to try and stop a shoplifter. Management and loss prevention mainly. But if the shoplifter assaults an employee during apprehension? Then a dog pile can happen - as the priority shifts from apprehending the shoplifter to protecting the person who tried the apprehension. Also Wal Mart policies are such that there is a minimum dollar amount required for an apprehension to be risked. Stealing a candy bar won't get you stopped - though it might be used to refuse you entry to the store at a later date. Though I am sure that "renegade" LP and management are probably guilty of ignoring this guideline.

Having said all that... in this city there's no telling the truth of what happened. Our local news seems to try - but there is such a gangster undertone to Atlanta that one never knows the truth of any violent act around here.

~Heff

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My brother in law was a Walmart Theft Prevention Officer. He witnessed a shoplifter about 40 years old walk out with a big screen tv. He and another Theft Prevention Office confronted the thief in the parking lot. Thief took off in a car. Bro and other guy gave chase. Few miles down the road in a deserted church parking lot the thief pulled in and waited. When My bro in-law and his partner pulled into the parking lot, the thief emptied a clip into the car they were driving. Both Walmart employees died that night. The bad guy got caught a few days later.

Walmart "officially" does not support leaving the store to catch shoplifters but my brother in-law used to get pay bonuses for that exact thing.
Killed for a TV.....
Killed for a DVD player....
Terrible someone needs to steal. Terrible that he died because of it. I doubt the Walmart TPO's were trying to end his life. Probably got out of hand like most altercations especially since Walmart employees lack Law enforcement training.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Company policy is not to get sued in this case open grounds for wrongful death.

3 people on top of a would be thief is overkill literally.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cropper
Unfortunately, it's that time of year, when shoplifting is at its highest. I just hope nobody else gets killed.
edit on 26-11-2012 by Cropper because: Unfinished post

Holy # it wasn't this dangerous back when I was a kid...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:34 AM
link   
For the amount of money Walmart rakes in each year, they really don't need to be uber aggressive. Once the thief is out of the store, it should be up to the local police. Check out the financial statistics of Wally World:

www.statisticbrain.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Safeway employees killed a shoplifter in the parking lot that took a pack of cigarettes and a loaf of bread in Seattle a dozen years back or so. They use a sleeper choke hold and he never regained consciousness. I don't agree with killing for less than $10, but I don't do that line of work.

You can get food stamps and there are food lines if you need to eat in the U.S., but the shoplifters are not stealing to eat. They are walking out with full grocery carts with expensive foods, top of the line steaks, seafood, carpet shampooers, razers, $50 make-up kits, and anything that can be sold quickly on Craigslist or to small corner stores so they can buy their drugs. They regularly bust some stores for purchasing stolen products and reselling them.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   
These kinds of events are probably going to become more common.
With the ever-increasing population of consumers and would-be thieves...
This sort of news is bad, but not surprising.
Especially with bad news blasting every media outlet 24/7.

I see people getting more courageous these days.
Which is a good thing, but it should be aimed elsewhere.
Instead of getting courage to steal from walmart...for meaningless garbage.
Instead of getting courage to stop a thief...who didn't even steal your property.
Instead of taking a life to protect a corporation...who won't even notice the loss...
These people should have the courage to stop the real thieves in CONgress.
You know, the ones that steal your money and use it for things you don't approve of.
Or the same people that pass laws to protect themselves instead of the people.
Possibly the same people who have used your taxmoney to fund black projects...i.e., Darpa?

That's considered stealing, too...if you don't approve of it.
Right?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join