It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to 12/21/2012. What will happen? Here is what I know.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by dplum517

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by CyberTruth

Wow, interesting how very few posters here on your thread were actually paying attention. I believe the jist of your thread was the turnabout of your professor's position regarding 12/21/12, not whether or not anything was going to happen.

On that note, is it possible you could shoot your professor an email and just ask about the change of thought? I'd be curious as well to find out the answer.

Funny how the thread took that turn....

I think it also might be possible that your Professor never changed his opinion at all. Perhaps NBC decided to use some of his footage and distort what he said and take it out of context, to make it sound like he's an end of the world nutjob.

Something similar just happened to David Wilcock .... he said National Geographic used some footage on him months later and took what he said out of context then continued on to debunk what he said (lolz).

The way media networks edit and distort what people say, is simply astonishing.

Good possibility and one I did also consider to a certain degree. Some of the the points he was making were referring to a Mayan destruction story that happened in the past which it seems they were trying to apply to the future. I remember the professor making similar comparisons in class but if my memory serves me correctly - only in order for us to relate and understand past Mayan mythology.
edit on 28-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
To say nothing will happen is a bold statement. To say the world will end is an even bolder statement. The fact remains these people predicted solar system based predictions. Without computers. Without telescopes.

To many folks from to many eras seperated by time & distance has used this date as a target date for something. What? I guess we will have to wait & see. The Mayans were very accurate in their dates of events. Why would we second guess their record of accuracy in predictions? We should stand prudent and expect something.

A question for all. If a man was making predictions and he was never wrong and people allways tried to expose him as a fraud. Remember, he has never been wrong. If he predicted a boulder would fall from the sky and land exactly where your standing. Would you move a few steps to the left or right? Or would you test his record of accuracy? Prudent thought say's take a step to the side.

Whether anything happens is any bodies guess. I will be prudent and stay close to family that day. I will turn 50 Dec 2nd. If it all ends 19 days later. Well, I had a good run.

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

The Maya had one reference to the date and there was no prediction associated with it. Outside of that the date has not had any significance until modern day when a bunch of con men tried to make money off of it. So who are all these people over all these different eras that are placing emphasis on the date?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Well... 2 references now.. haha

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I predict the end of the month will occur

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by CyberTruth

Originally posted by Gridrebel
reply to post by CyberTruth

Wow, interesting how very few posters here on your thread were actually paying attention. I believe the jist of your thread was the turnabout of your professor's position regarding 12/21/12, not whether or not anything was going to happen.

On that note, is it possible you could shoot your professor an email and just ask about the change of thought? I'd be curious as well to find out the answer.

I hadn't thought of that but an excellent idea. I just sent him an email and I will post again if he is gracious enough to respond. I also sent him a link to this thread. Could be interesting.
edit on 26-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

I am happy to conclude this thread by sharing a reply to my email from the the good professor himself. It may raise more questions than answers but his voice on the subject is clearly relevant and appreciated.

Hi xxxx--

Chapter 12 of my most recent book, 2000 Years of Maya Literature, deals with the
2012 issue in detail. What you saw on TV was bsed on the a projection of the
Popol Vuh-s story into a future era but was not connected to 2012 as such. What
happens on December 21, 2012, in brief, is the passage into 6-digit long-count
numbers by Mayan reckoning and continues the long count dates over a span that
lasts many billions of years. Forecasts for the era that begins on 1.0.0.0.0.0
cover only the passage to 1.0.1.0.0.0, which lasts 7200 days (360 x 20).

--Dennis Tedlock

Distinguished Professor
McNulty Professor in the Poetics Program
Research Professor of Anthropology

Dept. of English
306 Clemens Hall
University at Buffalo
Buffalo, NY 14260

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by TauCetixeta

It will be a regular day until you turn on the TV. There will be reports of bizarre time zone anomalies around the globe. Flights will be arriving early/late with no explanation.

Well... I will post back here after the 22nd and you can respond OK? We will all see the truth soon enough. That's why nailing down a day is important, so we can tell who is wrong and who is right.

V

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by openyourmind1262

To say nothing will happen is a bold statement. To say the world will end is an even bolder statement. The fact remains these people predicted solar system based predictions. Without computers. Without telescopes.

To say nothing will happen is not a "bold statement". Great claims require great evidence. Mayans never predicted the end of the world as we know it. That's hype. It's a nice diversion from the more mundane reality i suppose. But that is all that it is. It's sort of like dreaming about winning the lottery. A nice diversion from the mundane.

We should all be prepared somewhat for come what may. But lets not get to hoping too much - least you be sorely disappointed.

V

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
I heard about 2012 for the first time on a Travel Channel show wayy back in 2001, before most people knew about it. So yeah, it's been around a long time, it doesn't surprise people were already talking about it in the 80's.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Sorry, posted in the wrong thread. hahaha
edit on 3-12-2012 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   

edit on 12/13/2012 by o0pinMind0o because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join