It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Countdown to 12/21/2012. What will happen? Here is what I know.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I originally started writing this in response to a thread but since we are now so close to the date, I would like to share what I know.

The idea of the world ending on 12/21/2012 has been around longer than the internet and longer than most people think

In 1989 I took a class called Ancient Mayan Civilization at the State University of New York at Buffalo. My professor was Dennis Tedlock - a famous scholar and translator of Mayan hieroglyphics. He translated the Mayan creation story called the Popol Vue.

At any rate he lectured several times about the end date 12/21/2012 and even among Scholars such as himself there is debate about what is supposed to happen as well as debate about calculations and interpretations of the Mayan calendar system. The Mayans did believe in cycles and they did have stories about man coming into conflict and destruction from the things man has created.

Tedlock told us in lectures that he personally did not believe that the world would end on the famous date.
He even argued that the Calendar can be interpreted a different way which gave a completely different date far into the future.

However

Several years later - before the idea of 2012 really started to go viral. I was shocked to see my old professor Tedlock on TV - It was on a show called Ancient prophecies on NBC 1994
On TV - he was promoting the idea that the world would end in 2012.

Now this has led me to believe several different possibilities.

Either

he really always did think something might happen in 2012 but for the sake of his job and his reputation at the University he had to tell students that it was nothing to be alarmed at.

or

He was just riding the publicity band wagon and going on TV now just to beef up his own book sales and reputation.

Or

Something he had learned or translated from the time he was my teacher had changed his mind and now he did believe something was going to happen.

In conclusion - I remember his class well and to see him on TV saying this stuff - seemed like 180 degree turn on what he taught us in college.

I do realize there is little time left to speculate and we will all find out soon enough.
edit on 25-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Like I've said before, yet not so sarcastically... Since humans can predict the weather accurately to the day over a thousand years in advance, we must trust these people that predicted a major change in 2012.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by CyberTruth

I know what will happen, we're gona ROCK!!!

SS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
as i have also posted on other threads, i too have been waiting for this date since about the mid eighties. thats a long bloody time to wait for something.

i would love to see a thread just for those who have been waiting a long time. not the johnny come latelies who have heard about it recently and boo hoo the whole thing. they just dont get what its like to hear "the end of the world date" and then know for almost 30 years the countdown is on.

whether anything will happen....who knows. but as i have previously said, if nothing happens then there goes any belief in any prophecies...predictions etc for ever for me.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   

This happens on X-mas:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
That video about the Mayans was really entertaining, in a LOL kind of way.

I'll predict what will happen on the 21st December 2012... Absolutely nothing. Nothing out of the ordinary will happen.

I believe the Professor was just after making money, like you already mentioned...

He was just riding the publicity band wagon and going on TV now just to beef up his own book sales and reputation.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This may be a bit off topic but it was too strange of a coincidence to ignore.

I found it very odd that at about 4:35 of that video it says that the animals will "talk to man" and tell them what they have done wrong and such. That seems to coincide with a part of one of Leonardo Da Vinci's prophecies titled "Of Dreaming" from "The Notebooks".

It reads as follows:

You shall hold converse with animals of every species, and they with you in human language.

www.propheties.it...

Is it not a bit odd to speak about talking animals? Much less from two entirely different sources that don't seem to have influence with each other? And in such similar circumstances?

Also, the previous part of the prophecy seems to coincide with the other things stated in the video, but only slightly.

It shall seem to men that they see new destructions in the sky, and the flames descending there from shall seem to have taken night and to flee away in terror; they shall hear creatures of every kind speaking human language; they shall run in a moment, in person, to divers parts of the world without movement; amidst the darkness they shall see the most radiant splendours. O marvel of mankind! What frenzy has thus impelled you!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Here we go again, another thread hoping things will change for the better.

According to new age sites, mother Gaia has been making major changes since 11-11-2012.

i ask a simple question to all spiritual people on ATS; Have you noticed anything different that is now consistent ?

Have animals changed ?

Has the weather changed for the better ?

Are you able to see spirits without the need to meditate ?

The answer will be 'No. Nothing has changed'
which proves that this new-age stuff is all one big fat ugly lie.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Lol, good call.

Yea, I wasn't trying to state that those coincidences above have anything to do with 2012, or that I subscribe to what they speak of. I was just pointing out a strange coincidence.

Personally, I find 12/21 will be somewhat eventful just due to the hype. People going nuts and all that, but no couple thousand year old prophecy or anything.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Interesting opinions about what, if anything, is going to happen......... but one thing's for sure, the whole "Mayan calendar end date" has bought about a certain change amongst the world population in a way not easily seen.
Just the fact that so many have entertained the idea of an end to civilisation, believing it or not....... that in itself has changed the way one thinks and perceives this reality , if ever so slightly.
I've seen so many ATSers here, who had no interest at all in the realm of the "unscientific", come out with such depth and wisdom regarding the world of magik and spirituality, it leaves one to wonder, what is the driving force behind all this.

Anyways, to me, it's really neat to see, maybe the idea of world destruction has no influence on you, but for myself, it has...... shall we say.... opened my eyes to a greater universe

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

true CT
the problem is, i guess.... that we re prone to " look for literal catastrophes " and the signs therof.
And that way of thinking is enhanced...polluted... conditioned by movies and msm
why ?
- to create the crying Wolf sphere, and get people off guard, alltogether.

... you know that the human mind hasnt stored information ' inside the mind ',
because the mind is but like a radio receiver ;
so the information is stored in a field around him.. right ?
What would happen,
when that electromagnetic field would get disturbed ?
Or filled with " other information " - causing people to see unusual things...?

Could that happen suddenly ? yes.
Or has there been a búilt-up already, for this to happen suddenly...? YES !

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   
..wasnt there an example of this already in history..? - yes

people, who were building a world rule matrix, then " got scattered, didnt understand eachother no more "
...aka the tower of babel
Now what could have caused that they didnt understand eachother no longer ?

..its a non-argument to say ' well i dont believe the Bible anyway '
and even shortsighted: because she doesnt just tell history - but also the future :

the 1st white horse, from the 4, IS this same electromagnetic change !

..and, right, ofcourse áfter that arrived, the hordes of people, who lost many faculties of sound mind,
will cáuse much trouble to oneanother... - apart from the earth changes caused by the changed EMfield

The olympics showed you what will happen first:
the lucifers eye crashing down onto earth

C 'mon guys ..? dont get off track ?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
As for the end of the world, I trust this much, much more.

Matthew 24:36-44

No One Knows That Day and Hour

36 “But concerning that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels of heaven, nor the Son,[a] but the Father only.
37 For as were the days of Noah, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
38 For as in those days before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day when Noah entered the ark, 39 and they were unaware until the flood came and swept them all away, so will be the coming of the Son of Man.
40 Then two men will be in the field; one will be taken and one left.
41 Two women will be grinding at the mill; one will be taken and one left.
42 Therefore, stay awake, for you do not know on what day your Lord is coming.
43 But know this, that if the master of the house had known in what part of the night the thief was coming, he would have stayed awake and would not have let his house be broken into.

44 Therefore you also must be ready, for the Son of Man is coming at an hour you do not expect.

www.biblegateway.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">b iblegateway.com

Pax

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:52 AM
link   
here's what's gonna happen

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   

they didnt even know the beginning of time never mind the end of time

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

I've known about it since the late 1990s. Half less time than you, but I wouldn't consider myself a newcomer to this idea either.
Do I believe anything will hapen? No, alas no. Never did.
If anything, I believe, like Paxnatus, that "nobody knows the day or the hour".
But I do understand how you feel, absolutely.

I think it'll be interesting to see the damage a non-event will cause to the "New Age" communities.
(When I say "interesting", I don't say it with Schadenfreude, not at all.)
Sure, there will be - there already are - people who will try to find all sorts of alternative explanations for the non-event, or find new dates.
But I doubt there will be as many as to allow most internet "prophets" and their associated websites to prosper as they did until now.
And that may be a healthy thing.

edit on 26-11-2012 by AdAstra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
That's ok cause my computer stages a coup against me every day and it has decided it shall forever F*** up my internet searches. Yeah it thins it's damn funny but I can replace it and throw it to the bottom of the lake.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bellagirl

im right there with you. I would say about 1989. now that it is upon us I feel differently about this since so many are waiting for the end. I dont see the end though. I really hope that the ptb dont use this date to further their grip on the population. All that is needed is to take away power for a while and all hell breaks loose. I am hoping for a leap in humanity. THE REVEALING. Take away the veil so everyone can see the truth and why we are on this planet, and realize we are all in this together and should not be killing eachother. it is truly amazing if you think about it. just killing eachother over WHAT???

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Here is an explaination of the doomsday clock by David Flynn. The clock description starts at about 2:20. I have read and watched all of his lectures and have to say he has found a lot of parallels. It makes sense the great celestial clock of the heavens.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 26-11-2012 by BrieBird because: (no reason given)

"From Flynn 's research : converting 33 degrees 33 minutes to nautical miles, one gets 2012.9 If viewed as a date, it seems to correspond to the end of the ancient Mayan calendar, December 21st, 2012. The Mayan calendar expect their serpent god and founder of civilization, Quetzalcoatle, will return to earth from heaven at the end of the age."
www.mt.net...

This guy is seriously interesting if you have the time you should check out his analysis.
edit on 26-11-2012 by BrieBird because: link didn't work

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Less than 1 month to go.
My research says that Earth 3D is coming to an end.
Earth will have a 3D/4D reality for about 1 year.
January 2014 the Earth will be 100% 4D.
--------
BTW, our sun will also be 4D. Have you noticed our sun looking more white and less yellow?
It's being shaked and baked by the Andromeda Council.
They have been busy on Earth also.
Tolec spilled the beans here:

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join