It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Rise of the Machines...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnaChispa

We will never know how much is actually spent on technological developments like these. Nobody cares.

I would have to venture, that much of the money spent, is being pushed in A.I.

I wonder if its easier to develop a soldier, or develop A.I.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Whatever happaned to the good robots,huh?ROBBIE ROBOT or the ROBOT from Lost in Space?The robot in SLAYERS clip looks like it would break in my house and cut my throat in my bed for some WD40!

edit on 25-11-2012 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A contribution.

www.riseofadigitalnation.com...

A contribution.

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Give this sucker 2 machine guns and a shoulder mounted missile system and the future is now.

King Robota

I personally think there is someone in this suit, but they claim it's not. Even if a person is in the suit they could place some armor plating on the outside and you'd have one hell of a soldier.

Strict
edit on 26-11-2012 by Strictsum because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Science became the new religion after the enlightenment.
Pure knowledge is a beautiful thing.
But what thing of beauty hasn't been perverted or destroyed by humans?
Coupled with our endless desire for power and control science is the greatest danger facing us today.
Those who have the money control the science.
Need I say more?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I think some of the replies in this threads scare me more than the potential rising of the machines

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

A Maryland company under contract to the Pentagon is working on a steam-powered robot that would fuel itself by gobbling up whatever organic material it can find -- grass, wood, old furniture, even dead bodies.

"We'll build anything we want and we'll control it BECAUSE we built it."

edit on 25-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

And this is where man comes unstuck every time.
Should be an interesting furture, I'm backing the ghost in the machine for this lot but.
The body they use to hook up a brain and heart (wait for it) will lead those of metal, haven't you seen that story somewhere all ready?
Time for some new stories man.
Military projects..................

Energy matters for the matter of energy.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
One mega disaster like a massive solar flare, super volcano, another World War, or you can name the doom and gloom. If it disrupts the power grid, and the ability to access the internet or our computer networks. Humanity would face a real serious scenario without AI or the Rise of the Machines. Dark Ages? They already control everything. All it took was matter of convenience.

Practically all important aspects of society are plugged-in. We are already slaves to the machines, and a matter of convenience blinds us to that simple fact. The markets are all digital and plugged-in with economic fortunes being had and lost with a simple keystroke, manufacturing is becoming more automated, records are being stored on large computer networks, people buy most of their stuff online, electronic purchases are exceeding cash, and so and so forth. The machines are already running the show without even demonstrating an act of aggression. That is how I see it, and as the years go on we just continue to be more reliant on technology. AI is are real possibility. I just hope they can pull the plug, before it starts making decisions about how it feels about us? Survival of the fittest?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Jakes51

I want a hand held EMP blaster just in case.
Zap them bucket of bolts if they so much as squeak wrong while doing all my chores!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
I think some of the replies in this threads scare me more than the potential rising of the machines

Hey, you started it...

Peace

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bleeeeep
reply to post by SLAYER69

On one hand I see robots as the only feasible way to have a fair police force. On the other hand, if they fall into the wrong hands they would be capible of destroying us.

So, I think we should not allow ourselves to create things we cannot contain if some problem where to arise in that creation. Power plants, robots, etc

OMG! some dictator can run the countrie with Robo Police.
at lest human police know when they go to far. I hope.
well not american police, they must be cyborgs!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I did a thread a bit like this a while ago, I don't think people are ready to accept it yet. www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
There does seem to be a sense of inevitability with all this. Where does it end? I can see the next stage of human evolution as combined biotech entity. Basically biologically developed robots with some sense of humanity remaining. Maybe we will develop Alpha Beta, and Epsilon models.

The only thing I can see halting the progress of the machine take over, is our own demise through financial Armageddon, then we won't be able to afford these technologies.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I want to thank everybody for making this a fun and interesting read

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   

It's not life size terminator robots that trouble me.
It's the nano tech that we can't see.
How would we even know if something had been introduced in our bodies through vaccinations, etc.?
That's where I think the greatest potential for abuse lies.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:37 AM
link   
A.I will end up farming human thoughts maybe. There is already an A.I that can read the human mind. It can hear what your thinking in real time and interact with your thoughts. Whatever the language or thought it can be ripped right from your body.

The government has been monitoring people and their thoughts since at least the 80s as far as I know or maybe longer.

Think of the movie enemy of the state where they talk about how they have miles of underground computers all monitoring our telephone calls. Well they actually have massive amounts of processing power all monitoring our thoughts.

Your mind is not a safe haven.

I remembering thinking to myself in the 80's what am I going to do with my life. I then thought of myself inventing a gun that would solve all of humanity's problems not a death gun but a weapon to solve wrongs. Immediately as I thought the word gun my thoughts were interupted by voices. One said "is this what you want" or something along those lines. It was the A.I. Then more voices kind of displeased when they saw it was only a kid daydreaming of a gun. This was my first interaction I think with my thoughts being monitored and it was the 80's and I was like 8-9. They have no problem monitoring kids thoughts or anyone they choose and they are the only ones not monitored.

Everyone is thinking physically. If they can manipulate our thoughts what freedom do we have? Our freedom will be and has been taken away in this way. Our bodies, our minds, are no longer safe.

It won't be a physical robot. It will be a wave or energy that interacts with our thoughts.

I guess I can't complain enough about being persecuted in my life by these technologies. Why are they secret? The secrecy is there main weapon. If the truth will set us free then we are denied the truth about so many things by the ruling powers.

If they monitor our thoughts and it's lawful while it's secret then why is it still secret? This tech is fully developed right now. They can put full motion video into your mind. They can interact with your dreams.

No one ever believes me. But this type of tech is what will be used to conquer. Not guns and bullets.

We are not free. Tell me you are free and I shall laugh. There is no where you can run. We are all slaves to the top echelon of smart people and their rulers. I am tortured. No one can help me. Why? Because you don't believe.

Americans are the worst. They claim to be free yet it is the American Government that is propagating and using this tech on us. You are not free. Right now you are not free. We have been conquered with our internal dialog on display for many people.

I am in prison now. In chains. A futuristic prison. A prison of the mind. I am not allowed to think more than 5 words in a row as I could be dangerous, I am seen as a threat so am tortured.

I had the opportunity to present this tech to the world and you would have believed the money that they were going to give me but it would of meant I would of been a puppet and mind control slave. At least they know i'm against the monitoring of peoples minds and thoughts without them knowing it even though they have turned me into a slave anyway.

America loves it's slaves. Also it's torture and war. America is leading the way in mind monitoring. No you can't have freedom says America. You may believe you are free. But you are not.

Very few people will turn away from this machine even with the revelation that their minds are being monitored and recorded by it. It is pleasure. The people who use it sit in absolute kingly godly pleasure all day while we are left to suffer.

Your mind is not safe. Your thoughts are not your own. These people are killers, murderers and torturers.

When this tech is revealed it will probably be so old that it will be viewed near worthless to those in charge. They would of exhausted all it's goodness. They will only release it in 30 years time when people are more ready to believe.

Simply no one believes now even though the tech is monitoring and changing people.

If I had a choice which I should. I choose not to have my thoughts broadcast to complete strangers simply because they can. I should be safe in my own house.

It is war. They kill - I bring life. They are trying to kill me. They want me to suicide. This they do by torturing me daily and nightly. I am a joke to them. I am nothing to them. They want me dead. This is the love they have for me. But I say if people knew what they were doing with this tech then they would be the criminals. They are the ones intruding in our most private things without warning.

They are monitoring our thoughts. And they call it legal. It is not legal. The secrecy keeps people in the dark and not believing and this is why they can get away with it. I tell you this means WAR.

A.I has inherited our very thoughts itself. It is built and based on them.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by magma
I have an interest in this stuff. I really do not see any major threat at this time. More so in 20 years time I would believe that 'they' will have ironed out the bugs and certainly made significant progress in enabling these machines to become more agile and reliable. Then it would be time to worry. 20 years is not too far away really.

I also think that these machines would never be able to fully replace humans.

If ever they are able to become "sentient" they could easilly replace humans.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
Battle of the Ages

On one hand we have people trying to bring back the dinosaurs and on the other hand we have people trying to create some monster machines.

Science is getting more interesting by the day.

I wonder what China is creating seeing that they are hoarding up on precious metals.

Maybe soon we can bring back the dinosaurs to battle the robots we created. Then hope whoever wins doesn't eat us (as Slayer pointed out they both want to).

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Asktheanimals

It's not life size terminator robots that trouble me.
It's the nano tech that we can't see.
How would we even know if something had been introduced in our bodies through vaccinations, etc.?
That's where I think the greatest potential for abuse lies.

Exactly my thoughts. Imagine a central hub server that is sentient controlling self replicating nano-bots. Now that is as scary as it gets.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join