It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Student Suspended for refusing to wear RDIF tag

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Wired- Student Suspended.... RDIF

2:30 p.m. PST UPDATE: A local Texas judge on Wednesday tentatively blocked the suspension, pending further hearings next week.

A Texas high school student is being suspended for refusing to wear a student ID card implanted with a radio-frequency identification chip.

pretty much the schools get fund on a daily basis? for very day the child was there...

the ending part explains the schools systems whole problem..

The district, in a letter last week to the family, said it would allow her to continue attending the magnet school with “the battery and chip removed.” But the girl’s father, Steve Hernandez, said the district told him that the offer came on the condition that he must “agree to stop criticizing the program and publicly support it,” a proposition the father told WND Education that he could not stomach.

the whole scenario is disturbing... I wonder what would happen if the teachers did there jobs... I remember something about roll call...

A blind person could see the schools problem... no honor or leadership...

ATS threads over this similar subject
Texas School District Reportedly Threatening Students Who Refuse Tracking ID

U.S. School Kids Already Being Tracked with RDIF Chips, plus more technology news

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:25 PM
link   
This was posted somewhere on ATS yesterday.

New news to add though.

Couple of the kiddoes hacked the school district, claiming to be Anonymous members, in retaliation.

Also, they plan to put these trackers on kids in 112 of Northside's campuses.

www.kbtx.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
See, they did it all wrong. They should have come up with some sort of school related social network. Every student gets a mobile access card, that they can log into the school computers with. That access card can be used by your friends to catch up with you, while you're in school property.

Like a scaled down face book.

Tell them they want to use it, they'll jump at the chance.

Tell them they have to use it, they'll balk at the idea.

Just ask zuck.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

I ran it through ATS...

All I found involved them starting it...nothing over the first suspensions involving it..

It would be nice if they tracked were a students abilities were at... That would be amazing if they did there JOBS..

It is a waste of money...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
I pretty sure I saw on another news site that a district court issued a TRO to stop the suspension so the girl could continue in school while the issue was litigated.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ripcontrol
It is a waste of money...

If you do more research, you'll find its actually a method of enabling the school to legitimately gain funds available to them that they are rightly entitled to have.

Its a revenue plus.
Without the tags, the school will not get funds that they should rightfully have. (Due to studnts on campus incorrectly marked as absent)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I know, search doesn't always work for me either. Here are three of them.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Bexar County, Texas - San Antonio and Northside ISD are all the same place stories.

PS - It's RFID - the Thread title has a typo.
edit on 25/11/2012 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

A simple search for "Texas school RFID" reveals several threads/posts before yours; including this one which makes your thread untrue and misleading:

Trying to read your posts, I can see why schools would want to make sure enrolled students are actually
present and attending classes, though.

jw
edit on 25-11-2012 by jdub297 because: sp

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

thank you for the insult I appreciate the comments

I did however run it through the search engine.. I posted the link to the relevant threads that showed up in the search engine.......

As for being in the school and learning.... the idea is a failure...

the students federal money should be received based on something other then a present....

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

Thank you... I was interrupted multiple times during this process... it resulted in several typos I observed after reading it... I am past the edit time....

The search engine is annoying me lately....I used keywords, and all I got was the two threads I listed...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by alfa1

As I have stated I disagree with methodology..

There has to be a better way then using if a student is present to determine funding... Of note, a few articles did mention they are supposedly tracked at the school only ...

Cali said no

If the school wanted to do this, I think at the very least a fingerprint roll call would have been cheaper and much more cost efficient.

As for the young ladys case there is another thread were a TRO has been granted

new topics

top topics

join