It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hope for Israel. IDF soldier tells Rabbi who legitimizes killing non-jews to take a hike.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Well, this is some hope for Israel. It is good to see that some IDF soldiers have a heart and soul and do not use the Torah as an excuse to kill non-jews.
www.ynetnews.com...

Rabbi Lior's visit sparked a row. Some of the unit's soldiers were outraged by the presence of the controversial rabbi, who had endorsed the "King's Torah"
 essay, which legitimizes the killing of non-Jews.

As religious soldiers began gathering around the rabbi to listen to what he had to say, Prater (sic) told his comrades that Lior was one of the rabbis who gave their consent to the "King's Torah" book. Along with other soldiers, he searched for quotes from the book on his cell phone, including the permission to kill small children "if it is clear that they will grow up to pose a threat to our nation."

This soldier, Omer Parter, has some tremendous guts to stand up and speak his mind. Rabbis have huge influence over the Jewish community, much more than pastors. Just recently a rabbi told his congregation to smash their iphones because they do not want their flock getting information outside of their closely knit Jewish community.
www.jpost.com...

Rabbis are constantly telling soldiers that killing the "villains" of Gaza is necessary, even children.
www.fox23news.com...

This, despite the fact that Ultra-Orthodox Jews do not have to enlist in the armed services despite it being MANDATORY for everyone else.
www.jpost.com...

So, this is a huge act of courage to defy a Rabbi and call him out on his views which seek to legitimize killing non-Jews and even children.

As tensions rose, Rabbi Lior decided to leave several minutes later without addressing the soldiers.

www.ynetnews.com...

(note: the article seems to have a hard time spelling this soldier's name right. They say both Parter and Prater, but I think it is Parter).

I think this is incredible news. It shows that not all IDF play into the sick and twisted mind view of the extremists, which of course is the framework for the Zionist expansion. And he did not silence the rabbi, so freedom of speech was not violated, he merely excercised his own freedom of speech to the man's face and informed his comrades of the extremist mentality of this 'teacher'.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Nice find OP. It's good to see that there are people willing to think critically and question authority!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Israel a extremist nation who been found out, even brainwashed by media america waking up to Israel Hell and her extreme right wing ideology.

Did you known Palestinians now have more ambassadors around the world then Israel, that speaks volumes.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by snapperski
Israel a extremist nation who been found out, even brainwashed by media america waking up to Israel Hell and her extreme right wing ideology.

Did you known Palestinians now have more ambassadors around the world then Israel, that speaks volumes.

That's interesting and I've never heard this before. Do you have a link for that? I checked on wikipedia but it appears as though Israel has more ambassadors than Palestine, but wikipedia is not the best of sources.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Robert Fisk is a multiple award-winning journalist on the Middle East, based in Beirut.

Arab countries once had seven diplomatic missions in Israel, now only two maintain relations. And there are now, according to Liel, more Palestinian ambassadors around the world than Israeli ambassadors. If they've been doing their job these past few weeks, Mahmoud Abbas may get the votes he dreams of. And Israel will appear more isolated than ever.

www.independent.co.uk... l

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by snapperski

Thanks, that's really shocking. Israel's arrogance and/or insanity will be their downfall I think. They are so one sided in their "peace process" it's sickening.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I THINK PEOPLE STILL HAVE HOPES IN RELIGIONS LEADERS,PROPHETS,MESSENGERS,POPES,ETC,ETC ACCESORIES ,THAT TELLS YOU WHAT TO DO AND WHAT TO THINK OTHER THAN YOU.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I wouldn't kill kids either, or anyone else for that matter. Taking life is horrifying to me, it's the worst kind of thievery, because you can't give back what you take.

join