It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange two suns Lebanese news?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
That sounds like Betelguese. It's around that distance, and area of space.

That would be quite a sight to see.

So it would have had to gone nova 640 thousand years ago to see it now?
edit on 25-11-2012 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by snowspirit

I just translated, what she was saying. I'm sure she has no astronomical knowledge - she just read from the prompt, I assume
But she did say word for word: "Astronomers predict", means it didn't happend yet.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

Dear goodness, how is this thread so popular?!

At most latitudes on Earth, the Sun is visible, in the sky, you know, that great big thing up and around you, and it's up there for anywhere between 8-16 hours depending on the time of year (Discounting more polar coordinates).

With that said, there are billions upon billions of human observers to make the very real observation that, yes, there is one Sun in this solar system at present time lol

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Betelgeuse is in the constellation Orion, it is about 643 Light Years away, is a red giant, and yes, astronomers expect it to go super nova sometime.

However, when that will happen is still not known:

Due to misunderstandings caused by the 2009 publication of the star's 15% contraction,[45][74] Betelgeuse has frequently been the subject of scare stories and rumors suggesting that it will explode within a year, leading to exaggerated claims about the consequences of such an event.[118][119] The timing and prevalence of these rumors have been linked to broader misconceptions of astronomy, particularly to doomsday predictions relating to the Mayan calendar.[120][121] In their 2012 study, physicists at the Space Sciences Laboratory point out that the apparent contraction in the star's diameter may be due to the complex dynamics in the star's surrounding nebula and not the star itself,[47] reconfirming that until we better understand the nature of mass loss, predicting the timing of a supernova will remain a challenge.

When it does finally go, we will see it (and it will have happened 643 years before we see it), and yes, it will make quite a show.

edit on 25-11-2012 by eriktheawful because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Im pretty sure this is a news report about this:

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Earth 'to get second sun' as supernova turns night into day

And that is about Betelguese.

And that is something that could be more than just a nice picture, pretty sure that was the gun that was pointing our way.

I've always wondered in the 1980's when they starting building those dumbs, if they had picked up something like a Supernova heading our way.

On the other hand it could just be a real inflood of energy as in good not negative.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Looks like a interesting break in the cloud cover that happened to block the middle of the sun out hence the appearance of two suns.

Move along.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   
The lady anchor is speaking Russian. She is not saying anything about two Suns.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:52 AM
link   
It's not 2 suns... why only Lebanon saw it, what about their neighboring Country? ...
As you can see the cloud is blocking the SUN, tho making it look like there are 2 suns. If you keep looking at the vid, u can clearly see the sun its connected, the cloud its just cutting it.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
I taste another conspiracy here - they just want you to buy double sun tan lotion -

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by CottonwoodStormy

that would be very nice to see every day and night ,if only
thanks for sharing anyway

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
LOL

Hey man I'm glad to see you were able to post your first thread congrats

Keep up the good work.

SS

Thanks SS, I woke up today and I was really excited to see the response now I feel glad I posted if only to stir a little discussion! I'm glad there's been some attempts at translation!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I guess the conspiracy theorist in me, does make me truly wonder if we would ever be told the truth if such an event were to happen or is happening due to an extinction policy I believe of world gov's. I really don't think they have our best interest at heart nor would they want to deal with mass panic, so thats why its always good to question if this is a rare occurence of something or a hoax, cause you never know!

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Here's the original video, from the UK, back in August 2010:

....this illusion is visible since 6'40" and it's just a trick of the sun light and the clouds, with a zoom used at its maximum possibilities.

In this screenshoot, you can see the curve of the sun at its rightmost portion:

From this, you can define its center (with the "+" mark):

and finally, at 7'14", when the cameraman zoom out, here's how the whole sun is really, partially hidden behind the clouds:

So no Nibiru, no Betelgeuse, etc....
edit on 26-11-2012 by elevenaugust because: clarifications

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   
One thing I don't get... help me out here.

How does the two suns theory works with the 3 days of darkness theory? Both related to 2012, but God what a contradiction...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Well even if the video is from August which by the way thabnk you for finding, it was being used in a news report, as an example of something to come, this super nova, betelguese perhaps as some who have attempted to translate have pointed out?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shuye
One thing I don't get... help me out here.

How does the two suns theory works with the 3 days of darkness theory? Both related to 2012, but God what a contradiction...

Unless its not a 2nd sun and something else, like what Nasa scientists supposedly leaked about an asteroid called Nibiru? www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by elevenaugust

Your explanation doesn't make sense. You've conviniently disregarded that the right "sun" has a clear oval top section...far more oval than the bottom right you pointed, meaning that the right sun ends at the top section, and is not obscured by clouds, therefore it can not be a part of the larger sun..picture

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
To me there is nothing more to add... but wait... maybe i am wrong...

OMG ---->

And another one... from the same band...

So i managed to add something for those who had the tickling sensation when they saw the thread title.
O, forsaken Ones... never let go hope... death there will be!!
Maybe not as spectacular like some of you truly wish for.
Maybe a last breath some of us take to exhale for the last time... knowingly... silently... happy.
Last breath that was not used to scream the inhuman battle cry.
Senseless and wasted some feel when there is no enemy to fight. When there is nothing to fear.
Let us create new enemies. Or let us create a horrible destroyer like Horus was once to us. The Watcher.
A monster we can hide behind. A new unknown. Shall we call this god then?
Yes!!

To dwell in sadness because of this thread can turn out to be even more disappointing then the disappointment felt when total obliteration was again canceled.
Mighty gods come and go.
We just pick another one!! Must!!

So fine to feel helpless, small and dumb again

But hey...
I have some for the way...

In time all flesh will die.
We can hide but cannot run forever.
Tricky little bastard the universal existence in all of all its expressions is

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by eriktheawful

The problem I have with the experts view on Betegleuse is that they tell us that as soon as it explodes, we will see it in our sky.. The only other thing I can suggest is that it has already exploded and we are simply waiting for the 643 years to pass. Is it possible that it exploded somewhere in the past 5-600 years and the space agencies know it?

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Anyone can "see" the second sun for themselves first hand from anywhere on earth, but most are too scared to do so. The governments of the world do not want you to know this information! You know how everyone says not to stare at the sun? Thats the secret. All one must do if you want to "see" the second sun is this:

1. Find an unobstructed view of the sun either early morning or late afternoon, when the suns rays aren't as powerful.
2. Stare directly into the sun for 5-10 seconds, preferably without blinking.
3. Immediately close eyes and look down at your feet (through closed eyes)

You will notice an image burn-in from the sun, which is normal. But you will also see an image burn in from the second light source that is right beside the sun! I know, I know, "but the government says I'll go blind!" This is a conspiracy site after all. I know it sounds crazy, but just try it. Of the maybe 5 people I've told this information too, the 2 that actually TRIED what I said have seen the same thing and are now believers. If you just try to look for the second sun, you cannot see it due to our sun being so bright it overpowers the other one. I feel this information has been suppressed for too long. If more would take heed to what I'm saying and just try it, we could start to have intellectual conversations about this second sun and what it means for humanity. Thanks for reading, and I look forward to hearing from those that try my method and are able to see for themselves what is "hiding in plain sight."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join