It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by violet

Under Hoover Dam ? really. Talk about fantastic building projects. The building of the Hoover dam is a fascinating story if anyone gets a chance to visit. The visitors center has photos of the whole project. The terrain is anything but friendly there in the Mojave Desert. The large sandstone mountains and canyons are beautiful but dangerous. The Colorado river supplies almost the entire western half of the country with fresh water. Navadas strange shape was so that is could have some land boardering the river as only states that touched the river could use it. They added that little piece at the bottom of the state so that it could have river front property. Ever notice that Navada has a strange little appendage in its south east corner? Thats so that is gets the river.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I live in Toronto and I've often wondered about the fork in the tracks.. My parents always told me it was "only for employees" but I've never seen anyone go through the door on the side of the tunnel.. Interesting.

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Maybe this is stuf to read? Ice tunnels in the Antartic? They are really there!

www.crrel.usace.army.mil...

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Care to share where you found this info, I am curious if maybe Chicago has one of these secret subway systems.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by gorgon8819
Care to share where you found this info, I am curious if maybe Chicago has one of these secret subway systems.

There is no public info available actually. So I just used Google to track down various hints that there may be secret subways. Im sure Chicago has some interesting underground too.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Nice thread, Skyfloating. Last nights episode of Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory showed one of these underground systems with railroad access in the Ozark Mountains. Was quite interesting to see. It encompasses 50 million square feet.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

wow , its a one hell of a find.
very informative. thanks for sharing. Lets unravel the pieces that connect to each other and hopefully find the truth. ill start digging now, sigh!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck
Maybe this is stuf to read? Ice tunnels in the Antartic? They are really there!

www.crrel.usace.army.mil...

May be you should read your link also to see what those tunnels are for!

In any case, the use of tunnels for passage and utilities is clearly preferable over surface structures from the standpoint of safety and maintenance of equipment, especially in winter.

It's a bit like sky's OP when he made a comment about Tom Cruise and gave a link, what Sky implied about the link was rubbish.

What Sky claimed.

Originally posted by Skyfloating
But it is interesting to note that celebrities such as Tom Cruise ride their private subway in New York

When what his link ACTUALLY said was

The production company has even rented an entire subway train for $10,000 — which covers the cost of the motorman and conductor and about two hours of time — to take Cruise from Harlem to the official Midtown movie premiere on the last leg of his journey.

So Sky why EXAGGERATE what was actually said your a MOD here we should expect better from you should we not!

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by wmd_2008

This has been addressed quite often in-thread by me and others, as you might imagine. Time to move on to the rest of the story...

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

So you would give any information to the public???? Dont believe your eyes what you see. There is more then we know????

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I didn't have time to read all the pevious replies so pardon me if someone already mentioned it...

Evacuated tube transport...

That's the way to go for us in the future..? Or is it already the way to go for some "important" people among us?

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ni91ck

So you would give any information to the public???? Dont believe your eyes what you see. There is more then we know????

Typical conspiracy cliche reply!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

This has been addressed quite often in-thread by me and others, as you might imagine. Time to move on to the rest of the story...

I will say for thing for your thread it shows that all you need to do is set up a web site with any fictitious claims you want post any other link that looks like its true and some people will take it hook line and sinker!

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
Humans have been building secret underground cities and tunnels for thousands of years, it would be incredibly naive to think they wouldn't be doing it today, especially now that we have technology to do a lot of the work. As for how we don't know more about it, quite easy actually, it's the same way most of the big secrets are controlled, threats and ridicule.

Yes it's easy to hide our tunneling technology

Now were did they fit the cloaking button

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
You guys know about Prague, right? They raised the city by essentially strengthening the houses walls and building right on top. There's a ridiculously complex subterranean system there, and it was used for secret meetings by the resistance when they were occupied by Germany in world war 2...the germans couldn't find them, LOL.

The subway system in New York is old, and used to be run by several companies, not the city. That's why some of the stations have old signs saying things like "Brooklyn-Manhattan Transit Corporation".

If some private company built a tunnel in 1930, it wouldn't necessarily be secret when built. But if it was "abandoned" and "never used", it'd be forgotten about years ago. Theres tons of "abandoned" lines in New York City. Supposedly theres 13 levels of platforms in Penn Station, for example. I heard this one from some guy who had a friend of a friend...yeah, it's probably a lie, but it definitely goes a lot deeper than it looks. Of course, Penn Station is 100% completely underground.

Infact, I remember reading about one particular abandoned tunnel that bums had been living in, right on the tracks, for years. I think the Long Island Railroad bought it, and they had to go through there and kick all the bums out before they could start using it. I'm sure the bums found some other abandoned tunnel to live in.

How many of these tunnels are really abandoned, and how many are in use? How many are in use occasionally, and look abandoned 99% of the time if you sneak down there and look? No one would ever know except the bums who live in tunnels. And no one listens to bums. No one cares about them. And even if they told me a crazy story, how do I know its true? Why would I think its true? Maybe urban explorers go down there and it really is abandoned, until that one time they're sneaking down the tracks and get hit and killed by the secret train? No one would ever know. Dead men tell no tales.

So yeah, there's positively secret **** down there.

Infact, here's a secret subway station. www.fastcodesign.com...

The normal trains actually turn around at this secret station, so if you stay on the train instead of getting off at the last stop, .....you can see it. It's cool as hell too.
edit on 29-11-2012 by phroziac because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

Ah! Just an enlarged version of the 1864 underground at Crystal Palace!

en.wikipedia.org...

A slightly later US version. en.wikipedia.org...:Beach_Pneumatic_plan.jpg

The great Brunel also had a similar idea, but was defeated by rats eating the grease that kept leather supple!

en.wikipedia.org... (Need to go down the page a bit to the Atmospheric Railway.)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Hi
The Russians invented a wicked rocket torpedo [ shkar?] that goes 300 mph I think by diverting the gases around as an envelope and cutting water friction-air friction is a big barrier as well. The bees have done it with 'fuzzy' surface- only a matter of time.
If DUMB are true then the tunnels will be there as well with no hi tech friction problems- I suspect there is one N E of Spokane near the border . If true then we are just dumb surface people suitable for their ends.
My Bible says there are people ' in the Earth, on the Earth and under the Earth'. Christ and His Book are good enough for me and all this is an indication of the ongoing war of Satan and his minions against God's ultimate rule.
Rather a nervous subject for most people in denial though eh

y
just a subscript but it seems if you get too mouthy on this subject in a serious public way so that it exits the crank report area you die
ie Phil **** and others dumb reports, alien tech etc

Originally posted by ANOK
reply to post by capod2t

The thing is trains can only go so fast in a tunnel because of the build up of air resistance, and the inefficiency it creates, too much fuel burned over 200 MPH to be viable. To go the speeds claimed the tube would need to be a vacuum, and that technology is not yet available.

The idea of magnetic trains with no air, or rolling stock, resistance have been talked about for decades.

edit on 29-11-2012 by Yacov because: adden'dumb'

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
I live a couple miles from an I95 interchange. Between me and the interchange is a large childrens' hospital with an adjacent Ronald McDonald's House facility. These two sites are very important in this region for what they are. The original grounds and buildings for the hospital was donated decades ago by one of the VERY elite families in this country.
A large swath of that area underwent a MAJOR reconfiguration (roads, many acres of terrain) recently that included the interchange and the entire area between I95 and the hospital. During this time there was constant blasting and heavy machinery operation.
On the surface of it there was nothing really unusual considering the job being done.

When the work appeared complete the blasting could be heard and felt for about 6 months afterward. To me, that was more than a bit unusual since there was nothing above ground being worked on any more.

The hospital, of course, has a helipad which one would expect to see med-evac choppers land on and depart from.
For years the traffic was several choppers per week...at most.
But during this construction period it became 5 or 6 every day...all kinds of 'copters at all times of day or night (nothing really large though many were clearly not medical). Unless children all over the area were suddenly in need of emergency evac, this traffic is unusual.

After construction...still 5 or 6 per day...for about a year after. It continued for about 6 months after the weird blasting ended..........until about a month ago.

First the weird blasting sorta had my interest. Then the helicopter traffic got me thinking and I suspected an underground facility of some type was either upgraded or newly built. The plans for all the above ground work are public but nothing is available about anything underground so if it is something below, it's "secret".
Now, the nearly complete lack of helicopter traffic REALLY has me wondering.
Looking back on the time period as a whole, I get the impression that there was a hurriedness to it all.

edit on 29-11-2012 by doug r because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 29 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Obviously Engineers would know how to build a tunnel between Russia and the USA, but the problem I foresee is that such a tunnel would be through some very active earthquake prone areas. Sometimes known as the Pacific Rim of Fire, any tunnel build in such an area would need many fail-safes to protect against earthquake damage, and of course flooding due to same.

I like the idea of such a tunnel. Russia is not our enemy, and many USA citizens, like myself, have Russian heritage. It also would be great to have an Alaska, to say one of the northern States, railway. (Possibly there is one but I don't know about it.???)

Another idea about train cars having both the USA and the Russian standard wheel distance. Perhaps cars could be treated like we treat containers. That is a car is lifted from the Russian standard to the USA standard wheel set. (Sorry I don't know the technical terms.)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phroziac

In Birmingham , AL they had a 3 billion dollar sewer repair and reconstruction scandal. I often wondered if some if it was a cover for something else.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join