It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

S&F for creating a thread about a topic that very much interests me.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
Very interesting read so far...Thanks! S&F

The only question that arises is that these massive structures, equipment and rails were no doubt constructed and maintained by the working class. And as such would be very difficult to keep a secret. So why is it we don't know more about such huge undertakings?

A few beers with the boys on a Saturday night and it's all out in the open. And it would take 10's of 1,000's of people to build these things. So how is it kept a secret?

Peace

“I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video.”

www.ohgizmo.com...

Transatlantic Maglev has not been built yet.

technicalstudies.youngester.com...

There is no proof yet that the “LA to New York in Half an Hour” train is real yet.

theintelhub.com...

All fascinating ideas. It’s possible our nation is crisscrossed with secret tunnels. Some may have pre-existed. I am very interested in this topic.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcx1942
Thank you for posting this. I find it entirely possible there may be hidden underground networks for transporting "special" people. If I was a shady organization, I would want to conduct my operations and movement below ground as well. I am not surprised celebrities like ole crazy Tom Cruise can ride a special transit system.

Tom Cruise did not ride a special transit system. He rented a subway train for $10,000.
edit on 30-11-2012 by AuranVector because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by AuranVector

S&F for creating a thread about a topic that very much interests me.

If you could find out more it would be greatly appreciated.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by MarioOnTheFly

on a side note: i was in a d.c. congressional building (don't recall which one) but we got into a roller coaster type of cart that took us to another building - this was the building that has G.Washington painted on the cathedral ceiling with all of his angels around him we eventually ended up in the senate.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   
If there are secret tunnels and underground bases, there must be corresponding piles of rock on the surface.
Radar surveys of the US can find a 5 inch rise in the South Sisters mountains in Oregon. A 20 foot diameter tunnel 1000 miles long is a column of rock 1000 miles high and 20 feet around... or a spoil pile 20 feet high and a 100 square miles. or such. easily identified.
Show where the mining spoils are on the surface to prove such underground activites might exist.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkstar57
If there are secret tunnels and underground bases, there must be corresponding piles of rock on the surface.
Radar surveys of the US can find a 5 inch rise in the South Sisters mountains in Oregon. A 20 foot diameter tunnel 1000 miles long is a column of rock 1000 miles high and 20 feet around... or a spoil pile 20 feet high and a 100 square miles. or such. easily identified.
Show where the mining spoils are on the surface to prove such underground activites might exist.

Good point and one not made in this thread yet.

posted on Nov, 30 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by darkstar57

there must be corresponding piles of rock on the surface.

I disagree. There are plenty of ways to disperse all the rock/dirt/limestone.

Here is a great example that is happening as we speak.

Gotthard Base Tunnel

World's Biggest Rock Crusher The total volume of excavated rock on this project will be over 26 million tons — or the equivalent of 5 Pyramids of Giza. It's the highest-volume tunnel excavation ever. But the best part is, almost none of that rock goes to waste. The GBT's engineers are doing something revolutionary in the tunneling industry — they've built a plant on site that sorts through the aggregate and can actually crush it to the appropriate size so that they can re-use it for concrete mixtures. Over 5 million tons of that very same excavated rock actually ends up back in the tunnel as concrete. And all the rest gets repurposed elsewhere along the Gotthard Pass in the form of dams, support for bridges and even as new islands in the glacier fed lakes.

So, there we have it, almost none goes to waste and we have no visible pile of rock to correspond with the tunnel.

Also, your logic is a little confusing.... are you saying we should be able to see how Area 51 has been dug out and filled with bunkers in the lake bed and surrounding mountains?

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating

Originally posted by gorgon8819
Care to share where you found this info, I am curious if maybe Chicago has one of these secret subway systems.

There is no public info available actually. So I just used Google to track down various hints that there may be secret subways. Im sure Chicago has some interesting underground too.
edit on 28-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

I always wanted to sneak underground in chicago and explore, never was brave enough. The city has actually been raised several times, downtown is quite a few feet above ground, some areas even have multi level streets, they put the truck docks underground so you dont notice them and such. A couple years ago a car fell through a road about 20 feet...that was in the southside, where there isnt much underground....dont go to the southside to explore though, its a war zone

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Im also surprised by how something like this tunnel from NY to London could have remained unknown to the wider public. I would assume that workers sign confidentiality agreements.

Or compartmentalization of information. As a worker you'd build a small stretch of a larger tunnel and never really question what its for. This would be faciliated by companies such as this: Robbins.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

Thank you very much for a cool read and may i say New York to London on a train or vis vera ,i for one would be rattling.Its amazing it being kept so quiet but i would easily believe it because i know if i had the money spare
i would do it and im sure many think the same.I used to like listening to the coast to coast shows about this subject but the information was always the same year in year out. I remember waking out of my sleep one night to go bathroom and while there i heard a rumbling ,it was without a doubt coming from underground and it was on the very south coast of County Wexford Ireland.In your opinion would a tunnel be under the ground of the ocean floor or would it be built on the ocean floor because if you were building on the floor would it not make sense to shelter next to all land possible? star and flag,

posted on Dec, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
The City Hall subway station in New York is not "secret," nor is it part of a secret subway system. It was the terminal stop in the first subway line in New York City, which opened in 1904, built by the Interborough Rapid Transit Company. The station was used for around 50 years, until the subway in NY became so popular that longer trains had to be introduced, to increase capacity. If you look at the photo the OP posted, you can clearly see the station itself is curved, and the new subway cars introduced in the early 50s were too long to have that tight a turning circle, and the cars used today are still far too long to make that tight a turn. So, the station was decommissioned. It's currently part of the NYC Transit Museum, and you can even get a tour if you book in advance.

Not quite the intricate part of a secret subway system in New York the OP tried to make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeesfan

Not quite the intricate part of a secret subway system in New York the OP tried to make it out to be.

Well...I said its a subway station that is not open for public. And thats what it is.

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
You can book a tour www.mta.info... of it, so it's certainly not secret.

If you don't feel like booking a tour, you can simply take the 6 train to its last stop at the Brooklyn Bridge, but stay on the train after the last stop, and while the train is working its way through some runaway tracks so that it can switch from a downtown train to an uptown train, you can see the station in nearly full view.

Not trying to be a thorn in your side, and the presidential station under Grand Central is true, but tours are frequently given of the City Hall Station.
edit on 2-12-2012 by yankeesfan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 06:04 AM
link   
they have them in the UK also

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
There are totally underground train stations and tracks. They run directly below the surface tracks of the regular train system. In my homeless travels I have slept in my car near train tracks out in the middle of Wyoming. You can feel the hollow ground under the tracks itself vibrate if you are near a passing underground train. I believe that the trains themselves run very closely to the above ground trains to conceal/hide the vibrations when they travel. You will sometimes notice the ground still vibrating long after an above ground train passes and its not the vibration from the track itself, caused by the abbove ground train. Im no engineer, so im not 100% sure, I just spent a lot of time near the train tracks (BLUE/BLACK) as a child and you can feel the ground vibrating sometimes a good 1/2 mile away when a train is approaching. But after that the vibration fades. What ive experienced is the vibration continuing long after the train has passed and is out of that range. Cant say for sure that its an underground vessel, but the fact that they would need to be concealed and secret would suggest that they would be longer than a standard train since hours of use would be smaller time window wise and would also suggest that they would run them in the middle of the night along with an above ground train to blame it on that if anyone caught on or asked any questions about it. But theres definite ground vibration long after the train is out of range in my experiences out west.

EDIT: I also think thats how they got VIPS in and out of Bilderburg last year at that Marriott. There is some sort of underground system in that NOVA area.
edit on 3-12-2012 by strangedays because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Are there Subways people know little about? Yes military or government or test facilities are they top secret? I doubt it.

The man power needed for any one subway system is where your theory falls apart. Even military owned areas have leaks as AREA 51 can attest.

So how do you suggest they keep all the maintenance done?

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by abeverage
Are there Subways people know little about? Yes military or government or test facilities are they top secret? I doubt it.

The man power needed for any one subway system is where your theory falls apart. Even military owned areas have leaks as AREA 51 can attest.

Most of the links given in the OP were false anyway, why they weren't checked before making the thread I don't know but it seems to be a simple fact on here even when the real truth is known why let it stand in the way of a conspiracy theory!!!

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008

Most of the links given in the OP were false anyway, why they weren't checked before making the thread I don't know but it seems to be a simple fact on here even when the real truth is known why let it stand in the way of a conspiracy theory!!!

Agreed! Although I have no doubt there are a few smaller ones but across states or half the country? I call fake! FAKE! FAKE! Because even the local ones in Chicago, New York and even LA are a bitch to maintain. And when you start thinking about the logistics of man power needed for that and add secrecy the theory falls apart.
edit on 11-12-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

But wait...there is already a secret tunnel going from New York to London. Its baffling how it could be built while hardly anyone noticed: Secret Tunnel from New York to London

newp. this is not a tunnel...

I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video. But who really cares, you can still look in one end of this device in New York and see out the other in London. You’ll find one end next to the Brooklyn Bridge, and the other across the pond, next to Tower Bridge. Interestingly, the concept for this device has been around for over a century. Read about its origins, and check out a picture from one of the apertures, after the jump.

“The Telectroscope started off as a totally unintentional hoax in the 1870s,” explains St George, who is the leading expert on this forgotten backwater of Victorian technology. “It came about through an error. A French editor misread a report about the invention of a thing called the Electroscope – which is all to do with static electricity – and called it a Telectroscope. He also misinterpreted its purpose.

same as your source. you should read your sources material before posting.

not that i DONT think there's a tunnel .. i def do. somewhere but this is not it.

posted on Dec, 11 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Its simple....Soldiers. Enlisted men, and women. And, occasionally "contractors".

And, many of the bases are hidden in plain sight. Secret? Yes, some are.

Then, some are hidden, but not secret. So, the huge ones, the largest ones
that are just hidden but not secret are proof that this is far beyond concept, its reality.

To assume they dont exist due to the idea there are not enough people to maintain them
is silly.

Take for instance Muskö Naval Base in Sweden.

The underground base itself has an area of several km² and is connected by 20 km (12 mi)
of underground roads. A 3 km (1.9 mi) long, dangerously narrow road tunnel running some
70 metres (230 ft) under the sea level connects the mainland and Muskö island en.wikipedia.org...

Pictures here:
www.musko.nu...

And here:

photosweden.wordpress.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join