It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Subways and Clandestine Underground Transit

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+98 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I`d like to propose that there are secret subway systems that are unknown to us. Subways used by military, by the rich, by the elite. Its my intuition that tells me so but evidence of this is very, very scarce. So I am left with having to piece together the small shreds of evidence that are publicly available and hope someone out there reading this, can provide more. I do believe that the subway system is more comprehensive than the evidence posted here suggests. To find out, we'd have to collaborate and look more closely.

The first image is the NYC Subway Station "City Hall". Whats so special about it? Its a non-public subway station, a secret subway station. Source. We don't know who gets in and out at such stations. But it is interesting to note that celebrities such as Tom Cruise ride their private subway in New York

Yet another secret NYC underground station of the elite apparently lies beneath the Waldorf-Astoria, though I am not sure it is a conventional subway as such.

The basement subway access area was adapted and used to ferry dignitaries and other notable visitors upstairs in a large adjacent elevator. FDR, who was careful to avoid appearing publicly in his wheelchair too often, famously preferred using a special train

The follwing image shows the secret Moscow Metro line. You see, in New York and London a secret subway line is only rumored, but in Moscow its fairly well established that there is a secret subway that the public cant access, even though the Government still hasnt admitted it.

Metro-2 in Moscow, Russia, is the informal name for a purported secret underground metro system which parallels the public Moscow Metro. The system was supposedly built, or at least started, during the time of Joseph Stalin and was codenamed D-6 by the KGB. It is supposedly still operated by the Presidential General Directorate of Special Programmes (ru) and Ministry of Defence.

Source

If you research the various big cities very closely with this idea in mind, you find little anomalies here and there that may point to secret subway systems. Here is one such example from a page called Transit Toronto:

Subway travellers riding between Donlands and Greenwood Stations often wonder why there is a sudden fork in the track, and a tunnel which appears to turn south to nowhere. Unlike Yonge and St. George stations, there are no connecting subway lines. Are the tracks part of a secret subway that only those in the know can use to bypass the congestion at Bloor-Yonge Station? Has the Downtown Relief Line started construction at last?

Not quite. The tunnel doesn't bypass the Bloor-Yonge station and offer an alternate route downtown, but it is a secret subway that only authorized personnel may use.

Toronto too has a station that is not open to the public. It is called Bay.

Not unexpectedly Tokyo offers some intrigue of its own. From secrets of the Tokyo Underground:

old construction blueprints of the Chiyoda line platform reportedly show an extra level even deeper underground. This concealed floor ostensibly houses a platform for special trains that transport government officials out of the city in the event of a major disaster.

(read more at the link above)

The following is a picture of the secret subway station of the White House.

Source: The Capitol Subway System

Continued in next post...

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: edited out "Ashfield Station"

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I have a suspicion that secret subways are not only built in big cities but across the country and maybe even across international borders. In this post we will therefore focus on the feasibility and possibilities of underground tunnels and transit systems. Without even having to consult conspiracy-theories we can see that there are already numerous underground systems in place. Just a few examples:

Secret Full Scale Underground Racing Tunnel

an ultra secret underground aerodynamics testing facility hidden under a mountain in an abandoned road tunnel, allegedly being used by a leading Nascar and IndyCar team.

A more infamous example are the numerous drug-tunnels running from Mexico to the U.S. But the main places to look for secret long distance transit are at the various governmental underground facilities in the world, a few of which I will list here:

Mount Weather Emergency Operations Center. The underground part of the facility was built as far back as 1959. Numerous countries have Continuity of Government facilities, many of which are underground. It is not a far stretch to assume that "continuity of Government" would also include transportation and transit between locations.

Cheyenne Mountain Operations Center

Raven Rock Mountain Complex

Many of the facility's activities are classified, and distribution of most unclassified information about the facility is discouraged by the government.[2] On May 25, 2007, the Federal Register published a DoD policy declaring that it is unlawful for any person "entering in or on the property ... to make any photograph, sketch, picture, drawing, map or graphical representation of the Raven Rock Mountain Complex without first obtaining the necessary permission."[3]

On the feasibility of underground transit systems:

Kremlin greenlights Siberia-Alaska Tunnel

Yes, that 65-mile tunnel under the Bering Strait separating Siberia and Alaska, first proposed in 2007, is back on again. And this time its chances of actually being built are strengthened by a 500-mile link from the existing Trans-Siberian line to the Eastern Siberian city of Yakutsk, scheduled for completion in 2013.

4000 mph underwater train from London to New York

A more detailed article on this is here: Transatlantic Maglev

But wait...there is already a secret tunnel going from New York to London. Its baffling how it could be built while hardly anyone noticed: Secret Tunnel from New York to London

The following article proves that a high-speed underground subway from L.A. to New York was already being planned in 1972:

LA to New York in Half an Hour

As you can see, the evidence, thus far, is anecdotal, awaiting more solid proof. I hope I have inspired you to add your own insights and maybe even research to this idea. For now, what we know is that secret subway stations, secret subway lines and secret underground facilities do exist. The question is to what extent they exist and I would like to think underground transit is a little more sophisticated than we are told. I would think that it would be an important part of "continuity of Government" and substantial "black budget" allocated to it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Very interesting read so far...Thanks! S&F

The only question that arises is that these massive structures, equipment and rails were no doubt constructed and maintained by the working class. And as such would be very difficult to keep a secret. So why is it we don't know more about such huge undertakings?

A few beers with the boys on a Saturday night and it's all out in the open. And it would take 10's of 1,000's of people to build these things. So how is it kept a secret?

Peace

edit on 25-11-2012 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Im also surprised by how something like this tunnel from NY to London could have remained unknown to the wider public. I would assume that workers sign confidentiality agreements.

Or compartmentalization of information. As a worker you'd build a small stretch of a larger tunnel and never really question what its for. This would be faciliated by companies such as this: Robbins.

edit on 25-11-2012 by Skyfloating because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Thank you for posting this. I find it entirely possible there may be hidden underground networks for transporting "special" people. If I was a shady organization, I would want to conduct my operations and movement below ground as well. I am not surprised celebrities like ole crazy Tom Cruise can ride a special transit system.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Don't know about the rest but West Ashfield station in London is not secret, or clandestine.

It is a fully functional fake station used to train new employees.

Everything at the station is designed to look and feel as real as possible. The platform can be made to vibrate and feel windy to give the impression of a train coming in, while the track has false points so staff can practise what to do in cases of signal failure.

A mock train carriage even has fake adverts inside and a driver's car with a simulator. And the ticket booth has a video that gives examples of good and bad customer service.

Before the centre opened in September, new staff had to shadow more experienced staff while they learned the ropes. Training manager Sean McArdle said: "The response we get is fantastic because people find themselves in a similar situation to the real world, as opposed to a classroom. They immerse themselves in the learning."

The Tube station that cost £1million but has no passengers

I would hazard a guess that most of them are not secret, or clandestine, either. Well not anymore lol.

edit on 11/25/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Interesting thread. Chances are if these secret subways do exist, we paid for them with our taxes. Regarding the Toronto Bay subway station, they built an extra Bay station which sits unused (since it was built) underneath the operating one.Please nobody try the following since the dangers are obvious and mortal. Many years ago, people I know went in to it by sneaking down the tracks from the above Bay station. Back then it was just a really dirty, empty subway station that hobos slept in. I'm sure by now they have beefed up security to make it harder to get to.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
List of known and suspected underground bases in the U.S.

Alleged map of an underground transit system I found somewhere on the Internet (source unknown):

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Mumbotron

Many subways have old no longer used tunnels and stations.

For example...

Londons abandoned subways

Quite a few eh?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOK
The Tube station that cost £1million but has no passengers

Spend that money to build a subway station thats fake? I'll remain skeptical...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   
At the source document you provided for the West ashfield station it says its not a secret station but a training facility. Its not even underground its above ground on the 3rd floor of a building lol

Yes, it looks like a fully functioning modern tube stop, but it’s not actually open to the public. London’s West Ashfield Station is, in fact, on the third floor of an office building and used to train newly hired employees.

source

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Spend that money to build a subway station thats fake? I'll remain skeptical...

LOL. It is in a building above ground, it does not have working trains, the track goes nowhere.

It has a fake ticket booth with a video screen where the customer would be. They simulate vibrations and wind from an oncoming train.

They spent that money on a training facility for new employees. It probably cost more to build than a real station.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
My mistake. Im going to edit that one out, otherwise the whole thread will be deRAILed by how thats not a subway station. Thanks guys.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

Im also surprised by how something like this tunnel from NY to London could have remained unknown to the wider public. I would assume that workers sign confidentiality agreements.

Or compartmentalization of information. As a worker you'd build a small stretch of a larger tunnel and never really question what its for. This would be faciliated by companies such as this: Robbins.

I see your point but some of these tunnels go back further than the tunneling machine in the pic.
Compartmentalization would no doubt play into the ability to keep secrets but we are talking staggering amounts of materials, man power, 1,000's of miles of tunnels, tracks etc. The task of keeping it all a secret is mind-boggling.

I can see over the years that workers die off, department heads are replaced and so on. A brand new start each time could be possible. But keeping a perfect secret is never perfect.

I'll venture to say that some of these tunnels really do exist while others could be just urban myths. Maybe?

Peace

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I'll venture to say that some of these tunnels really do exist while others could be just urban myths. Maybe

I think the evidence is too scarce to say that such systems exist. But I could imagine that they do, simply as a matter of national security or "government continuity". Time will tell.

link   

My mistake. Im going to edit that one out, otherwise the whole thread will be deRAILed by how thats not a subway station. Thanks guys.

You should probably do some more research into the others also. I knew the Ashfield one without looking it up.

They more than likely all have reasonable explanations for their existence.

You can't build an underground system without anyone knowing it. All the work is not done out of sight underground.

edit on 11/25/2012 by ANOK because: (no reason given)

link   
Bering Strait Tunnel to Connect U.S. and Russia?

Originally conceived in 1906, during the rule of the last Russian Czar, Nicholas II, the project had been deemed unrealistic by many, and put on hold by world wars and revolutions, but now seems to have recaptured the hearts of businessmen on three continents. The tunnel is expected to be twice the size of the Channel Tunnel connecting Britain and France. The 65 mile giant would be the key component of a 3,700 mile railroad reaching from Yakutsk, Russia to Canada’s British Columbia.

Posted at The Blaze on September 13, 2011 at 12:08am by Tiffany Gabbay

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Not to let the air out of the balloon... but no where in that NY to London article does it say there is a tunnel there now. In fact it says...
"I hope I’m not bursting anyone’s bubble when I reveal that the Telectroscopes (designed by artist and inventor Paul St George) are connected not by a tunnel but by fiber optic cabling, and an HD camera and projector on either end provide live streaming video. But who really cares, you can still look in one end of this device in New York and see out the other in London. You’ll find one end next to the Brooklyn Bridge, and the other across the pond, next to Tower Bridge."

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What a great thread !

I also have "heard' about secret Underground transit, but honestly have never seen any proof of it.

Non-Public transit in NY?

Wonder who uses it really?

S&F

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Very interesting! Thanks for the legwork OP. I wouldn't have anything to add but thoughts, but I am sure though that plans for this type of secret transit have been in the makings for a long time. What is almost even more interesting to me though would be all of the underground facilities that went along with all of these subway systems. There could be whole cities underground and it would be hard to find them for someone without inside info. It may be that mankinds future survival depends on this type of forethought and preparation. Maybe some in high places have known this and made plans accordingly some time ago.

In my opinion it would not be very hard for various govt or commercial entities to find the manpower to do this in secret. I am sure that work is being done all over the world at any given time that is done under the cover of darkness. The methods of getting this type of work done have been tried and true for generations.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join