It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man invented dates and time, hence they are meaningless.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Lots of people like to get all superstitious and wrapped around the axle of dates and numbers. Most recently and predominantly 2012, and specifically Dec 21st. It's no different than Friday the 13th, or Tuesday the 12th.

Come on people, it's just a day. It will be just like every other day before it. Nothing mystical or apocalyptic is going to happen, no matter how much you want it. The sooner everyone accepts that and moves on with their lives, the better off everyone will be.

Does anyone really know what day it is anyway? For all we know it could be Trarch the 43rd in the year 4 Gazillion and 32. What's the oldest form of life on the planet? Bacteria probably, do you think cyanobacteria keeps a calender? NO, because it doesn't matter. Humans came up with dates to help us keep track of stuff.

And anything humans have come up with means exactly nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nothing you do will ever matter, ever.

So when the 22nd of December comes around, people will say "Yay, it's Saturday!" and then go about doing whatever it is they do on Saturdays.

This public service announcement has been brought to you by the letter Q.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Well done my friend, you have found the circle, the agreement of Jacob. How many more days is there until the end?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Man invented seconds and inches too. Are they meaningless?

It's a measure that tells you when something is. If someone relates the number of the day to the actual events of the universe then we can just refer to a number on a calendar rather than saying this will happen when the sun is lowest in the sky... Just as I can tell you a cliff is in 5 ft I could tell you the end of the world is in 5 hours.. Assuming I can surmise the future based on some physics or something..

You can map time in different ways, but no matter how you code it it's still relative to reality..

But alas no one can read this since words are mans creation they mean nothing... Too bad.

edit on 11/25/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

As the Pope has just reminded us, Jesus was probably born around seven years earlier than originally calculated, so the true date, in "A.D." terms probably ought to be 2019.
That rather mucks up all the number-symbolism associated with "12-21-2012". "12-21-2019" just doesn't have the same ring to it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by usernamehere

I'm not familiar with that, I will have to look it up.

reply to post by Dustytoad

And what actual event of the Universe is it related to?

There are arguments that the Mayan Calender ended last year. There are arguments that we lost a hundred years or so around 5 or 600 AD.

It's all frivolous nonsense. People trying to give some deeper meaning to their banal existence.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

And anything humans have come up with means exactly nothing in the grand scheme of things. Nothing you do will ever matter, ever. Does that include this post ?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Time was invented for a reason. To track the cycles of seasons, celestial events, and return of their gods.
It wasn't invented by man but taught to man.
edit on 25-11-2012 by AccessDenied because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-11-2012 by AccessDenied because: spelling

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by letseeit7

Yes, it does include this post.

And every post ever posted. Especially those posts posted by you.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AccessDenied

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Or just some stuff written by people?

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Jupiter goes around the sun at a set rate....if you track time by Jupiter's location, time is no longer meaningless....
Let's say the Mayan calender tracked something big, hypothetically speaking here, like Nibiru(and no I don't believe it). Well then, the date that the Mayan calender signifies took on a whole new meaning. The date "December 21st, 2012 would just so happen to coincide on the date of the mayan calendar. It's not the numbers or dates themselves that matter....it's what happens on that date.

and you're wrong...thing's do matter here. I held that belief for a while...but I was wrong.
edit on 25-11-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

I just noticed your edit. And I am forced to admit, that nothing truer has ever been written in the history of ever.

If only more people would realize that words are meaningless, there would be a lot less pain and suffering in this world.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Ok. I'll play your little game.

Please enlighten me, what exactly is going to happen? And please provide some type of evidence to support your hypothesis.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Man didn't invent the earth going around the sun and the moon going around the earth.

We could have said 69 Johny's make up a year instead of 365 days
doesn't matter.

Days, hours, minutes they're just ways for man to make sense of things....

SS

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If man invented time...

Could I possibly un-invent it and make "effect" come before "cause"?

Ohhh the paradox's I could make with such a universe.

*insert mad scientists evil laugh here.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Tell someone baking a cake or cookies, that time doesn't matter!

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

I don't have access to documents in the Vatican.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

If you would like that, feel free.

Perhaps I should have been more specific? Man invented time, as in it is currently 5:24pm. The example of nonsense time would be people attributing special meaning to it being 11:11, or something.

Time as in, we can't as yet, or maybe ever, go back and change what has already occurred? I can't help you there.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

You said and I quote: "Nothing you do will ever matter, ever."

That is so not true. What people do and say does matter; particularly the kind and generous things in life.

link   

Originally posted by AccessDenied
Time was invented for a reason. To track the cycles of seasons, celestial events, and return of their gods.
It wasn't invented by man but taught to man.

This is correct.

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by AccessDenied

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

Ever read the book of Enoch? The first chapter is in the Bible.

Angels took Enoch for a ride around the world and then into space. He was shown the stars, the moon, the sun, the earth, their orbits relative to each other, how many seasons per year (orbit), how many days per year (orbit), etc.

Might want to take the time to read it. It's a good read.

link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by Ghost375

Ok. I'll play your little game.

Please enlighten me, what exactly is going to happen? And please provide some type of evidence to support your hypothesis.

Time article

Regrettably, the Nibiru yarn got a boost in recent days with the very real announcement that an alignment of several of the very real planets will be taking place this month, offering a fleeting treat for stargazers willing to get up before sunrise and take a look. Even this genuine cosmic phenomenon, however, may be a bit less than it appears.

Beginning today and lasting for a few weeks, Mercury, Venus, Jupiter and Mars will be visible in the early morning sky, aligned roughly along the ecliptic — or the path the sun travels throughout the day. Uranus and Neptune, much fainter but there all the same, should be visible through binoculars. What gives the end-of-the-worlders shivers is that just such a configuration is supposed to occur on Dec. 21, 2012, and contribute in some unspecified way to the demolition of the planet. But what makes that especially nonsensical — apart from the fact that it's, you know, nonsense — is that astronomers say no remotely similar alignment will occur next year.

"Nothing bad will happen to the earth in 2012," NASA explains patiently — if wearily — on its website. "Our planet has been getting along just fine for more than 4 billion years, and credible scientists worldwide know of no threat associated with 2012."

I for one think something significant will happen on that date.
edit on 25-11-2012 by AdventureTime because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join