It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If 2012 Doesn't Happen We're Doomed

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I guess some people are so much tied up in their own beliefs of doomsday prophecy that when Dec 21 comes and goes without incident they might actually have to face reality and get on with their lives. This must be quite frightening for someone who has lived in their own fantasy world for a a long time.

edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

You are just stating a bunch of facts. Maybe you have become aware of this because you have had your blinders removed. Congratulations and welcome to the club.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Kingster129, That's a pretty brilliant observation if you ask me.You are of course absolutely right. We won't stop producing and consuming until the last tree has been cut down and turned into toilette paper, until the last Appalachian mountain leveled to rip the last ounce of coal from the Earth....until the Earth is unable to sustain life. Mankind will die, smothered in it's own excrement, it's gadgets and gizmo's. There is a divergence at hand, a high road to take and I'm gonna take it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Kingster129, That's a pretty brilliant observation if you ask me.You are of course absolutely right. We won't stop producing and consuming until the last tree has been cut down and turned into toilette paper, until the last Appalachian mountain leveled to rip the last ounce of coal from the Earth....until the Earth is unable to sustain life. Mankind will die, smothered in it's own excrement, it's gadgets and gizmo's. There is a divergence at hand, a high road to take and I'm gonna take it.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Well to answer the ops question of what could happen, anything is possible and truly i think no one really knows though I was just sent a 30 second video that was on Lebanon news 2 days ago showing clearly two suns, and if anyone knows how to translate Lebanese please do so, this is quite scary to see on the news? Nothing suprises me this year.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Not ssure why it didnt embed, im new, here is the link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Been doomed before...

1346 and later: The black plague spread across Europe, killing one third of the population. This was seen as the prelude to an immediate end of the world. Unfortunately, the Christians had previously killed a many of the cats, fearing that they might be familiars of Witches. The fewer the cats, the more the rats. It was the rat fleas that spread the black plague.
---
1669: The Old Believers in Russia believed that the end of the world would occur in this year. 20 thousand burned themselves to death between 1669 and 1690 to protect themselves from the Antichrist.

www.religioustolerance.org...

Harold Camping is somewhere right now, just wishing he had waited for this year instead to ask for donations. He could have retired instead of being broke.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Grumpy cat speaks for us all..
edit on 25-11-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bknapple32
I dont subscribe to the USA falling like the empires of Rome Greece or Egypt. Those were much different times. Other world powers would come in and conquer you when your empire fell. That doesnt happen in this day. We would just stop being the worlds number one super power, thats it. In this day of globalization it just may be a revolving door between 4 or 5 super powers taking turns at the top.

lol

you are whistling past the graveyard

and egotistically assuming you're special

all empires crumble, some more violently than others
a citizen of those past empires right before the end would have said exactly the same thing.

just as someone in the far future with the same mindset [that of being the pinnacle of human evolution and progress]
will be saying exactly the same thing and be as wrong as you and your "predecessors"

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Now that is an interesting premise if I read your words correctly here.

You're basically saying that if Dec 21 - 2012 doesn't give a major off-ramp of change to the road we're all on ...good or bad... then we'll pass the last ramp we have and just kinda putter down the road until we run out of gas, hit the side of the road and just kinda sit there in a world of Fail.

Hmmm... I can see your point. So many DO have SO much invested in this idea of changes, ends, new beginnings or even Rapture that to have NOTHING happen will be the worst shock of all for many.

Personally, I'm going to be drunk as a skunk on Dec 21...from about 11:30pm on the 20th to after midnight of the 21st. Indeed... If it all happens, someone tell me about it when the hangover fades on the 22nd. I'll love to hear all about what I am SURE I will have no personal memory of.
I am quoting the two comments , because they signify what the problem and solutions are .
One wants to just get drunk and carry on as normal in a dumbed down state of intoxication and one wants to go within to connect with the Higher SELF with whom we all carry .
See my point . Make a good choice that uplifts on that day . It could be a turning point if all desired to create a heaven rather than a hellish enviroment and directed energy as such

Yes that is a good analogy.

I keep hearing people talking about getting drunk on the 21st... this is probably the worst thing you could do... it mutes all of your senses.

I for one will be meditating.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE

You made the same connection I just tried to but got the post all jumbles . But your wording is precise enough to get the basic message through

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CottonwoodStormy
Well to answer the ops question of what could happen, anything is possible and truly i think no one really knows though I was just sent a 30 second video that was on Lebanon news 2 days ago showing clearly two suns, and if anyone knows how to translate Lebanese please do so, this is quite scary to see on the news? Nothing suprises me this year.

... fixed your link ..

However... this is absolutely not two suns =) so not scary at all, this phenomena has been seen and discussed on ATS.. it's a visual effect and makes it look like two suns from the perspective of the viewer, but trust me if two suns were ACTUALLY visible then it would have been visible anywhere the sun was visible and would have set off a world wide event of people asking what the heck is going on ... that never happened..

In this video's case .. it looks like the sun is being split into two by a mountain range in the background and the top is blocked by clouds... it gives the illusion of two suns.

A little logic is all that's required to debunk such a thing.. it's just fact that if two things as large and as bright as the sun were in the sky.. LOTS of people would be seeing it and freaking out... it also just wouldn't vanish in a 24 hour period of time.. others on the planet would have seen it in other locations ...

edit on 11/25/2012 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

He said nothing of the kind. You're inferring that something "bad" has to happen. Pull your head out of your ass.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kingster129

You know, you're right and it's real important to clarify that 'drunk as a skunk' comment. In saying that, I am assuming Dec 20th is no more or less eventful than today or yesterday was for actual events. If the 21st is to be a BIG deal...I'd say we'll know by more than a guess by the 20th. We ought to know now, actually...and it's why I try to ignore how many things are coming all in the same period of time.

So..if the 20th proves to be "promising" to major events on the 21st? Well, I drink so rarely anymore that it's almost a newsworthy event when I do. I damn sure won't be having any if I REALLY expect crisis to unfold in a way I'll be directly touched by in Southwest Missouri for that 24hour period.

On the other hand? Well, if nothing appears to be naturally occurring, the human show and outright comedy of chaos I expect to at least see in protest and public acting out is just too much to sit by and waste with a sober mind.
I won't be around here that day if I drink anything. I don't 'do' the online experience with alcohol added...bad bad things end up seeming to happen for what's said and not remembered, eh? I'll be enjoying the show though, just the same. Should be a hoot....if Nature doesn't play a role.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by kingster129

We have created a way of living that is completely unsustainable.

Um, no. "We" have not created anything. There is no "We", here. I was born into this sh***y system, you see. I was not given a choice. I was not asked for my opinion, if it should be this way. So do us all a favor, and stop throwing that word around so casually. "They" did this. And they are still doing it. And no, I doubt they will stop it. They don't give a damn about us, or what happens to the planet. They are greedy, selfish pigs who deserve only death. The world would be a better place without 'em. End of story.
edit on 25-11-2012 by MrUncreated because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by bknapple32

For the 1000000000th time now...the "end of the world" doesn't entitle "destruction" its a transition.

Look at the world now.....wars...murders...rape...this is your destruction. Its been happening for thousands of years for god sake. Yet you think that at the end of all this bullkrap we been living under..you think some comet will hit and destroy the world?

The only doomsday is the doom we humans are doing to themselves. We are the prophecies.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

This ending of the Bak'tun offers a turning point. It poses the chance for change. Because of everything I have said thus far, something HAS to happen.
The question isn't whether something will or will not happen. For such a big change to occur that de-roots the basis of our current society, the question you have to ask yourself is... what COULD happen?

Absolutely anything could happen, the same as anything could happen on 21st January 2013.....or the 8th March 2013........but nothing has to happen.

The ending of the Bak'tun offers us nothing more than the end of the Gregorian calender on 31st December....it's just a date on a deciphered calender from an awfully long time ago, we are no more doomed now than we will be on the 22nd December 2012.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by bl4ke360

You are kidding right?

An unlimited supply of food?
If that were the case there wouldn't be millions starving!

An unlimited supply of electricity?
Where do you think we get most of our electricity? From kites with keys hanging on them? No, it is coal, and there is not an unlimited supply.

I really hope you were joking.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Here's some more information for people who don't understand the long count calendar

1 Baktun = 20 katun cycles of the long count calendar ( mayan calendar ended 20 times )
1 Katun = 7,200 days

We're in the 13th baktun which ends on December 21st, so it's cycled 260 times already.. we're entering the 14th Baktun...

1 Baktun = 144,000 days ( 394.26 years )

So in short, the Mayan long count calendar has ended 260 times already.. and yet the world remains

We are not entering the 14th baktun, we are entering the 13th. We are currently at the end of the 12th.

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, I don't agree with the ops premise that we don't have the resources to survive. In virtually every developed country the death rate is on a path to overtake the birth rate we are only fifty years or so from the population decreasing worldwide on its own.

I have been keeping a close tab on alt energy and we are much closer to being able to transition off of oil and coal than most people realize. Nanotechnology, artificial intelligence, biotech, and robotics are all converging to change the world more in the next twenty years than the last 50.

With all that said I do agree our society has serious issues of being over dependent and greedy. However I think an economic depression is coming, and that will probably go along way toward adjusting that, although painfully.

I just hope we don't start a nuclear war when the upcoming upheaval starts.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join